Become a Patron!

No flavor from Zeus dual RTA.

2CAWKS

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
I've been having nothing but issues getting flavor out of my Zeus dual RTA. I've tried everything I can figure to fix this but I still get next to no flavor. I've tried less wick, more wick, shorter and longer. I've tried 2.5, 3, and 3.5mm i.d. coils, all for nothing. I've watched countless videos and read just about everything I can find where others have the same issue. I guess the next thing to try would be better coils. I've been using locally bought mix twisted by coil master lately, which work great in my Dead Rabbit, plenty of flavor no complaints at all, still nothing from Zeus though. I'm at the point where I'm nearly ready to chuck the thing in the pond. Could it be as simple as using a more advanced coil? Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I've been having nothing but issues getting flavor out of my Zeus dual RTA. I've tried everything I can figure to fix this but I still get next to no flavor. I've tried less wick, more wick, shorter and longer. I've tried 2.5, 3, and 3.5mm i.d. coils, all for nothing. I've watched countless videos and read just about everything I can find where others have the same issue. I guess the next thing to try would be better coils. I've been using locally bought mix twisted by coil master lately, which work great in my Dead Rabbit, plenty of flavor no complaints at all, still nothing from Zeus though. I'm at the point where I'm nearly ready to chuck the thing in the pond. Could it be as simple as using a more advanced coil? Any help at all is greatly appreciated.

What's your wattage setting? Drop that puppy down to about 45W, crank the air down to next-to-nothing, and you'll get flavor.

At least, that's the way I run mine. But then again, that's the way I run most everything. :)

Guess I should have asked if you are running dual coils, which I expect you are. Might have to make it 58-62 watts instead of 45.

2CAWKS

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
What's your wattage setting? Drop that puppy down to about 45W, crank the air down to next-to-nothing, and you'll get flavor.

At least, that's the way I run mine. But then again, that's the way I run most everything. :)

Guess I should have asked if you are running dual coils, which I expect you are. Might have to make it 58-62 watts instead of 45.

Yes, I'm running dual coils around 60w with airflow about halfway. I've also tried wide open airflow and almost no airflow, halfway seems to be the closest I've gotten to a flavorful vape with everything I've tried...

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
In that case, the only two other things I can think of would be coil positioning and the coils themselves.

I've never been fond of twisted coils - always had a problem with them spitting and popping a lot, so have very little experience with them. Even less experience with kanthal - I discovered right away that for my vaping style, N80 and SS work much better and don't try my patience to the point of insanity.

I'd suggest you get some lighter-weight stainless Claptons, or even just a couple of 24 ga round wire N80 or SS coils. Bigger and heavier isn't always better.

I just built a Rebirth RTA with 24ga dual staged coils in N80. It takes them too long to ramp up even at 58W, but the flavor is great. I know myself well enough to know that those staged coils will get pulled out and either some plain Claptons or some round wire will be put back instead.

2CAWKS

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
I'll try that, thank you. Now I get to call all the shops around here to find wire, the only one I know has spools of wire has the worst customer service possible.

2CAWKS

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
So after going to the worst vape shop in town twice today I wound up with Kanthal A1. I just tried my newest build on Zeus. There's a definite improvement in flavor, I think I'll build the next set a smidge taller to (hopefully) get more air around the coil. Definitely a leap in the right direction. I'll have to order some SS wire online and see if that's any different. Thank you again @nadalama.

VU Sponsors