Become a Patron!

No idea where to begin

freshage

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sup,

I've scoured the forums and can't quite find the exact answers I'm looking for and I'm starting to get a little lost in the vast amount of options/setups/mods/AIO's etc etc.

If this thread shouldn't be here, then mods, please move and accept my apology.

In short, I'm a smoker, my wife absolutely detests it and recently bought me a vape when we were visiting family over in Poland. I've no idea of the vape she got me, but it was awesome. When I visited my family back in the UK before returning home to California, I dropped said vape.

It was basic, pen style, leaked a bit but likely due to me using the wrong type of juice or something.

What I'm after is a very small AIO, or even a mod with a small tank. As I want to put it in my pockets 90% of the time and have it last most of the day. I vaped around 10 mins every hour. Ideally I'd like something with a bunch of customisation to it, to change temp etc so I can learn the ins and outs of this 'hobby' as it will be my full time smoke replacement.

Which brings me onto my next requirement, I'd love to be able to replicate the same sensation from a cigarette, as in the air flow. The last vape I had was able to do this with a clunky rubber band around the intakes and didn't look great nor function very well. I think the term mouth to lung is right for what I'm after?

Finally, I'm not after huge clouds or stuff like that, just to stave my craving with 12mg juices and consistent ability to vape without much fuss from the get go but with enough tinkering ability that I could expand upon the basics as and when I feel I'm up to it.

Edit: tl:dr, what mod/AIO for a smoker with mouth to lung capability and customisation, in a stealth form.

Thanks!

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The mod you lost was likely the Eleaf Ijust 2... your description of a rubber ring for the control of the airflow was a giveaway. You're right, though... decent kit, but definitely not a MTL kit.

What you might want to look at is the Aspire Zelos kit. It comes with the Zelos mod - capable of firing up to 50 watts and adjustable - and the Nautilus 2 tank... a quite popular MTL tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

EMusic

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sup,

I've scoured the forums and can't quite find the exact answers I'm looking for and I'm starting to get a little lost in the vast amount of options/setups/mods/AIO's etc etc.

In short, I'm a smoker, my wife absolutely detests it and recently bought me a vape when we were visiting family over in Poland. I've no idea of the vape she got me, but it was awesome. When I visited my family back in the UK before returning home to California, I dropped said vape.

It was basic, pen style, leaked a bit but likely due to me using the wrong type of juice or something.

What I'm after is a very small AIO, or even a mod with a small tank. As I want to put it in my pockets 90% of the time and have it last most of the day. I vaped around 10 mins every hour. Ideally I'd like something with a bunch of customisation to it, to change temp etc so I can learn the ins and outs of this 'hobby' as it will be my full time smoke replacement.

Which brings me onto my next requirement, I'd love to be able to replicate the same sensation from a cigarette, as in the air flow. The last vape I had was able to do this with a clunky rubber band around the intakes and didn't look great nor function very well. I think the term mouth to lung is right for what I'm after?

Finally, I'm not after huge clouds or stuff like that, just to stave my craving with 12mg juices and consistent ability to vape without much fuss from the get go but with enough tinkering ability that I could expand upon the basics as and when I feel I'm up to it.

Edit: tl:dr, what mod/AIO for a smoker with mouth to lung capability and customisation, in a stealth form.

Thanks!
Welcome to the forums! I'm happy to hear that you have traded cigarettes for vaping. I don't know much about mouth to lung vaping so I can't help with that but I wish you the best of luck with getting into vaping. It's more enjoyable and way healthier than smoking!

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sup,

Thanks!
I don't know if a dual battery qualifies as "pocketable" to you but if it does or might, the Smok GX2/4 is the most customizable mod I can think of because it is the only mod that has two separate physical forms for two battery versus four battery mode. It is also one of about three of the smallest and portable two battery mods when in two battery mission form.

According to Anthony Vapes, it is the only mod he had that can power his 41mm 28ml Voltrove Modfather RTA. I seen his video review of the Smok GX2/4 with him using what is probably the biggest atomizer/tank on the market and dayum!!! In four battery mission mode of course but still.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I don't know if a dual battery qualifies as "pocketable" to you but if it does or might, the Smok GX2/4 is the most customizable mod I can think of because it is the only mod that has two separate physical forms for two battery versus four battery mode. It is also one of about three of the smallest and portable two battery mods when in two battery mission form.

According to Anthony Vapes, it is the only mod he had that can power his 41mm 28ml Voltrove Modfather RTA. I seen his video review of the Smok GX2/4 with him using what is probably the biggest atomizer/tank on the market and dayum!!! In four battery mission mode of course but still.

Serious overkill - and there are plenty of mods that can fire a Modfather - which I have and have done

This guy is looking for an adjustable pen or AIO basically :)

freshage

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Cool! However, that might be a tad overkill for me haha, but I'll keep it in mind. Also, my wife just told me Smok means Dragon in Polish haha.

Serious overkill - and there are plenty of mods that can fire a Modfather - which I have and have done

Yea, well, not a fan of the pen designs, I like the 'square' design as it will fill the same space as a cigarette packet, which will feel more natural. The previous vape was super awkward to pocket.

Welcome to the forums! I'm happy to hear that you have traded cigarettes for vaping. I don't know much about mouth to lung vaping so I can't help with that but I wish you the best of luck with getting into vaping. It's more enjoyable and way healthier than smoking!

Thanks! So far, off to a blinding start with lots of help in a short time! Great community it seems.

The mod you lost was likely the Eleaf Ijust 2... your description of a rubber ring for the control of the airflow was a giveaway. You're right, though... decent kit, but definitely not a MTL kit.

What you might want to look at is the Aspire Zelos kit. It comes with the Zelos mod - capable of firing up to 50 watts and adjustable - and the Nautilus 2 tank... a quite popular MTL tank.

AMAZING! Yep, that's the exact one haha. I did not get on well with MTL with it so that would explain why! The Zelos looks fairly good (to my rookie eyes), the design is a bit tacky as I like the aesthetics of a sleek brushed metal and simplistic look. But hey, that's a minor part of the package.

freshage

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Also, may I ask more about the functions and daily maintenance so to speak of the device? Or is there a sub forum for that?

I'd like to know about if I'd have to wick the coil from the get go and what the differences are between the different coils that came with the Aspire Zelos.

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Cool! However, that might be a tad overkill for me haha, but I'll keep it in mind. Also, my wife just told me Smok means Dragon in Polish haha.

Yea, well, not a fan of the pen designs, I like the 'square' design as it will fill the same space as a cigarette packet, which will feel more natural. The previous vape was super awkward to pocket.

Thanks! So far, off to a blinding start with lots of help in a short time! Great community it seems.

AMAZING! Yep, that's the exact one haha. I did not get on well with MTL with it so that would explain why! The Zelos looks fairly good (to my rookie eyes), the design is a bit tacky as I like the aesthetics of a sleek brushed metal and simplistic look. But hey, that's a minor part of the package.

There are other Smok products from the extremely pocketable like the Smok Q-Box and the larger but still small single 18650 battery Priv V8. They also have a lot of cutting edge mods as well.

My personal opinion but Smok has some of the best choices for mass produced mods but better to expand your search for atomizers besides them even though some of theirs are quite good.

https://www.smoktech.com/

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I was just quoting what Anthony Vapes said on his YouTube review.

If what he said in the video is wrong, I'm sure he'd be happy to know which other mods can power it. You can message him on this site.
http://vapingunderground.com/members/sirrichardrear.53172/

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It is not pertinent to this conversation - that mod is seriously overkill for the OPs needs
If it wasn't "pertinent", you wouldn't have brought it (other mods power the Modfather) up. You just don't like the idea of having to defend your statements against reputable members of the vaping community like Anthony Vapes.

Besides, even though the OP thought it might be a bit overkill, he did say he would consider it (GX2/4) so please stop continuing to assume what his needs are even after he specifically rejected your assumption that he wants a pen.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also, may I ask more about the functions and daily maintenance so to speak of the device? Or is there a sub forum for that?

I'd like to know about if I'd have to wick the coil from the get go and what the differences are between the different coils that came with the Aspire Zelos.
No real daily maintenance beyond filling the tank (top fill... a little fiddly, but functional), and charging the internal battery. Make sure the contacts are kept clean... that's really about all...

The tank uses coil heads, and there are many styles from a quite tight 1.8 Ohm through a looser 0.7 Ohm. As such, all you'll need to do is prime the coil with a few droos of e-liquid prior to installing the coil. No wicking necessary.

There are a lot of other kits out there... this is just the first one that came to mind based on your stated desires...

If you decide to go the Smok route, pass on the Baby Beast tank that comes with most kits, and look to the Spirals tank... it's capable of a looser MTL experience.

Kanger has a couple tanks out that will use the 1.5 Ohm SSOCC coil, and it's a passable MTL, too...

Innokin just came out with the EZ Watt kit which comes with the T22 tank... good MTL tank, but really limited ootions in the mod.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
it wasn't "pertinent", you wouldn't have brought it (other mods power the Modfather) up. You just don't like the idea of having to defend your statements against reputable members of the vaping community like Anthony Vapes.

o_O

Here is me with mine last year - on a Triade

Anthonyvapes is vaper like any other except he decided to do reviews for free gear

I've had offers to do the same and more - but value my integrity over getting free shit

In fact, we got ours about the same time Modfather Inc 30mm RTA

Note: No one on the thread is vaping with Smok GX2/4

Last edited:

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sleek brushed metal, MTL, upgradeable... OK... take a look at the Innokin CoolFire IV TC100 kit. It's available in a nice brushed silver or rose gold finish, and comes with the iSub V. A capable MTL tank when used with the MTL coil, and a fair direct lung (restricted, to be sure, but still...) tank. Much greater battery life than the Qbox or Zelos, but a little larger.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Sleek brushed metal, MTL, upgradeable... OK... take a look at the Innokin CoolFire IV TC100 kit. It's available in a nice brushed silver or rose gold finish, and comes with the iSub V. A capable MTL tank when used with the MTL coil, and a fair direct lung (restricted, to be sure, but still...) tank. Much greater battery life than the Qbox or Zelos, but a little larger.

CoolFire is a great mod to grow with

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Again, thanks all!

Would the Eleaf iPower 80W work with the Nautilus 2 tank? Or is it best not to mix and match like that?

It will work fine - just understand the built in battery will eventually fail or become under-powered

With that said, have owned and used its predecessor, Eleaf's iStick, for well over two years and it still works and is dead simple to use :)

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Imo. Get any regulated mod you like doesn't matter which... 30watts or more .

Personally I would go with one that can use Arcticfox firmware or a DNA type... mega adjustability.

BUY the mod as a kit you will get an atty... but i suggest also getting a Rebuildable atty. If you don't want to build coils get an atty with replaceable coils. I suggest one with many coil options. Like something using triton/Atlantis coil.

Be flexible with coil choice and Nic levels... because they are variable... I use 6mg mist of the time when vaping at 15 to 25watts.... but run 12 in my Kayfuns at 15watts or less. When in cloud chasing mood 25 watts or more I drop nic too 3mg or less.

Notice I did not mention OHM. That's because we are discussing a regulated mod and ohm is non issue. I have 3 atties in rotation ohms are .4ohm nectar, .7ohm Serpent alto and 1.1ohm Avocado22.. all are running at 15watts and 404f . On my Pico75 mod.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

wildgypsy70

“Widgy Pidgy”
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
CoolFire is a great mod to grow with
I agree. The Coolfire 4 was the first mod I had after my AIO pen. I loved it so much I bought 3more(let's be honest here---I just liked the colors and had no f-ing idea what I was doing). But I still use them to this day. And the iSub G or V is definitely a decent tank. Coils are relatively cheap and easy to find. Super easy to change out! And you can get a kit for under $50.

Polargirl

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anthony Vapes
o_O

Anthonyvapes is vaper like any other except he decided to do reviews for free gear

I've had offers to do the same and more - but value my integrity over getting free shit

Anthony Vapes never claimed that no other mod would work. He only claimed it was the only one of his that did.

Not to white knight for him but dayum, that is quite low of you to attack his integrity by accusing him of valuing free stuff over integrity over something he didn't even say.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
o_O

1st off, in the video it's the voltrove 41mm not the modfather 30mm. huge difference. 2ndly i said that the GX2/4 is the only mod i have that can power the build i have in it which is true. I also have a triad, tried it and it won't power it.

2ndly, I didn't decide to do reviews for free gear, but I love how you just know what's in my head better then me lol. I never expected to get a thing for free. the 1st 8 months of me doing reviews it was 99% things purchased by myself and i say 99% because i did a few things i won in contests. My spending habits and posts in the vapemail thread more then show this. I started a spreedsheet last year to track my black friday orders which was about 20 orders totaling around 830 bucks and kept track of all my purchases up until about mid august this year (so about 9 months) when it just got to be too much and too hard to keep track of. in that 9 month period of time i spent over 6700 out of pocked of my own money. and that doesn't even include the "august 8th" splurge prior to that , that most of us went on when we were worried about products getting pulled. I can easily say I've spent over 7k in vape stuff in the past year alone, so no i don't need free shit nor did i ever expect any. On top of that in the past 2 weeks i've given away (not giveaways but just PIFed stuff) roughly 5 mods and about 10-12 atomizers and spent out of my own pocket over 100 bucks just to ship it all to various people. not to mention stuff i've given away to friends locally. that's just to random people on the internet. That also doesn't include money spent on my channel nor the stupid amount of time it takes to do the reviews. The idea I would do all that just to score a free 50 dollar mod or 30 dollar atty, that more often then not i don't even care for, it's just insane.

as far as integrity goes, I have to disagree. people with integrity don't make false baseless claims against people. If you had integrity you wouldn't have responded with that post. I've given more bad sponsored reviews in the past 2 months then most reviewers have done in their career. I just call things how i see it. that simple. People can say whatever they want, it's part of putting yourself in the public eye, but questioning my integrity or intent is an absolute joke. Made even funnier that you didn't read the fact it was the voltrove not the modfather and that i was talking about the build i had in it specifically.

freshage

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Imo. Get any regulated mod you like doesn't matter which... 30watts or more .

Personally I would go with one that can use Arcticfox firmware or a DNA type... mega adjustability.

BUY the mod as a kit you will get an atty... but i suggest also getting a Rebuildable atty. If you don't want to build coils get an atty with replaceable coils. I suggest one with many coil options. Like something using triton/Atlantis coil.

Be flexible with coil choice and Nic levels... because they are variable... I use 6mg mist of the time when vaping at 15 to 25watts.... but run 12 in my Kayfuns at 15watts or less. When in cloud chasing mood 25 watts or more I drop nic too 3mg or less.

Notice I did not mention OHM. That's because we are discussing a regulated mod and ohm is non issue. I have 3 atties in rotation ohms are .4ohm nectar, .7ohm Serpent alto and 1.1ohm Avocado22.. all are running at 15watts and 404f . On my Pico75 mod.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Sorry, but what is an atty? I'm very new to all this so treat me like an absolute tit who has no idea what I'm doing lol.
1st off, in the video it's the voltrove 41mm not the modfather 30mm. huge difference. 2ndly i said that the GX2/4 is the only mod i have that can power the build i have in it which is true. I also have a triad, tried it and it won't power it.

2ndly, I didn't decide to do reviews for free gear, but I love how you just know what's in my head better then me lol. I never expected to get a thing for free. the 1st 8 months of me doing reviews it was 99% things purchased by myself and i say 99% because i did a few things i won in contests. My spending habits and posts in the vapemail thread more then show this. I started a spreedsheet last year to track my black friday orders which was about 20 orders totaling around 830 bucks and kept track of all my purchases up until about mid august this year (so about 9 months) when it just got to be too much and too hard to keep track of. in that 9 month period of time i spent over 6700 out of pocked of my own money. and that doesn't even include the "august 8th" splurge prior to that , that most of us went on when we were worried about products getting pulled. I can easily say I've spent over 7k in vape stuff in the past year alone, so no i don't need free shit nor did i ever expect any. On top of that in the past 2 weeks i've given away (not giveaways but just PIFed stuff) roughly 5 mods and about 10-12 atomizers and spent out of my own pocket over 100 bucks just to ship it all to various people. not to mention stuff i've given away to friends locally. that's just to random people on the internet. That also doesn't include money spent on my channel nor the stupid amount of time it takes to do the reviews. The idea I would do all that just to score a free 50 dollar mod or 30 dollar atty, that more often then not i don't even care for, it's just insane.

as far as integrity goes, I have to disagree. people with integrity don't make false baseless claims against people. If you had integrity you wouldn't have responded with that post. I've given more bad sponsored reviews in the past 2 months then most reviewers have done in their career. I just call things how i see it. that simple. People can say whatever they want, it's part of putting yourself in the public eye, but questioning my integrity or intent is an absolute joke. Made even funnier that you didn't read the fact it was the voltrove not the modfather and that i was talking about the build i had in it specifically.

I'm ignoring most of the 'arguments' in this thread and just extracting relevant information for me to learn from and make an educated choice upon.

However, I just wanted to thank you, as of this very moment I'm watching yet another one of your videos to understand all the ins and outs! If you're ever near norther Cali (SF), you've earnt a drink/smoke on me.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Sorry, but what is an atty? I'm very new to all this so treat me like an absolute tit who has no idea what I'm doing lol.

I'm ignoring most of the 'arguments' in this thread and just extracting relevant information for me to learn from and make an educated choice upon.

However, I just wanted to thank you, as of this very moment I'm watching yet another one of your videos to understand all the ins and outs! If you're ever near norther Cali (SF), you've earnt a drink/smoke on me.
happy to help :) sorry so many threads here get turned sour when reviews are brought up. it's a touchy subject. many members here are actively anti-reviewer which is something i just can't wrap my head around.

also on the 20th i'll be making a video that's an updated beginners guide to vaping since most of them are pretty out of date by now. That's the plan currently and i'm going to try and stick to it, but it can be difficult with having a job and family and just doing this as a hobby on the side in which i make no money

kerfree

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm also new to this and giving up smoking for it and I'm sure I'll get beat up for saying this but I got a smok alien 220w kit and it has the baby beast tank all you have to do is buy batteries for it and they say don't use over 6mg of nicotine in them but I'm using 12 and have not had a single issue with it and it has a lot of different setting and a puff counter I think it's a pretty good deal I paid like 65 bucks for it online with a little exploring to find it but some will probably say this isn't a good mod or something but I've had good luck with it

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm also new to this and giving up smoking for it and I'm sure I'll get beat up for saying this but I got a smok alien 220w kit and it has the baby beast tank all you have to do is buy batteries for it and they say don't use over 6mg of nicotine in them but I'm using 12 and have not had a single issue with it and it has a lot of different setting and a puff counter I think it's a pretty good deal I paid like 65 bucks for it online with a little exploring to find it but some will probably say this isn't a good mod or something but I've had good luck with it
I'd never say anything bad about that, I have 11 Aliens and enjoy them all.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The best mod is the one that keeps you off cigarettes. End of story.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

kerfree

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you not to get off subject here but I'm totally new here and still trying to find ppl and thing on here and haven't figured out how to post things forever one can anyone help me please

freshage

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think so too and I'm trying hard to switch over

My crux is the moment my vape stops, or like recently I smashed it by dropping it, I go back to smokes.

Thank you not to get off subject here but I'm totally new here and still trying to find ppl and thing on here and haven't figured out how to post things forever one can anyone help me please

Not sure what you mean? It seems like a basic vbulletin to me, not looked at source code yet but from the layout I'd say it is. I'm fairly decent with forums so what do you mean? As in post a new thread? People are helping me so maybe I can help you mate.

kerfree

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My crux is the moment my vape stops, or like recently I smashed it by dropping it, I go back to smokes.

Not sure what you mean? It seems like a basic vbulletin to me, not looked at source code yet but from the layout I'd say it is. I'm fairly decent with forums so what do you mean? As in post a new thread? People are helping me so maybe I can help you mate.
Yeah like putting up something where everyone can see and comment I guess that would be a thread I only see start a conversation and you have to have friends for that which I don't have in here as of yet so want to put up something public that everyone can jump in on and thank you so much for try to help

kerfree

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah like putting up something where everyone can see and comment I guess that would be a thread I only see start a conversation and you have to have friends for that which I don't have in here as of yet so want to put up something public that everyone can jump in on and thank you so much for try to help
I'm new to the whole forum thing too I'm decent with computers and stuff just never got involved in all this kinda stuff

freshage

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Sure! It's super simple chap, first find the topic area you'd like to post in:

upload_2017-10-6_16-19-46.png

Once in the area, you'll need to click 'Post a new thread' here:

upload_2017-10-6_16-20-52.png

You'll then be greeted by the following:

upload_2017-10-6_16-21-19.png

Self explanatory here, give it a title, such as I gave mine 'No idea where to begin', then the context in the text field below. I wouldn't worry about tags as you're already going to post in the specific location you wish to discuss that specific thing about. As for the poll and further information about, again, self explanatory. Hopefully that helps.

Again, once you post this thread, it's public and can be seen by all, I've not seen the forum rules anywhere but best to be safe and keep it clean and not annoy the mods. There is also a sub section here to ask for help on how to use the forum: http://vapingunderground.com/forums/help-topics.15/ where you can post questions in the same manor as I've described above.

Cheers

kerfree

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sure! It's super simple chap, first find the topic area you'd like to post in:

View attachment 93387

Once in the area, you'll need to click 'Post a new thread' here:

View attachment 93388

You'll then be greeted by the following:

View attachment 93389

Self explanatory here, give it a title, such as I gave mine 'No idea where to begin', then the context in the text field below. I wouldn't worry about tags as you're already going to post in the specific location you wish to discuss that specific thing about. As for the poll and further information about, again, self explanatory. Hopefully that helps.

Again, once you post this thread, it's public and can be seen by all, I've not seen the forum rules anywhere but best to be safe and keep it clean and not annoy the mods. There is also a sub section here to ask for help on how to use the forum: http://vapingunderground.com/forums/help-topics.15/ where you can post questions in the same manor as I've described above.

Cheers
Awesome thank you my friend I will try this out I really appreciate the time and help

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I only see start a conversation and you have to have friends for that which I don't have in here as of yet

You can totally PM members here - most don't mind a private message if you need help or something

There is no formal friend function, just in case you are looking for one :)

kerfree

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I figured out why I couldn't put up anything the forum button isn't showing up on top of the site for me till I tap up too then it shows up for like 2 seconds

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just my two cents, you may want different devices for different things. A lot of bigger mods, dual 18650 battery powered and larger like the ones quite a few people have are too large to really be what I'd consider 'pocket friendly'. Whether it's the kaos, alien, rx 2/3, gx 2/4 etc. It may depend on the size of your pockets and what type of pockets - coat pocket, jacket pocket, jeans pocket (and do you wear a belt), shorts pocket. For instance in warmer weather I wear shorts quite a bit and don't wear a belt with them, even a 'normal' sized dual battery mod like the alien is just too heavy for those sort of pockets. My drawers would end up around my ankles lol.

For pocket friendly an internal rechargeable battery mod or single battery mod may work better. I know what you mean about a mod that's more similar to the size of a pack of smokes but something common with vapes is they're going to be larger. With a box mod and atomizer together you're looking at something with an overall height of around 4-5". I'm using a 3.5ml ammit tank atomizer on top of a smok alien which is fairly short compared to many other mods and total height is 5 1/2". Even a pack of 100's is only 4" long and kings are shorter.

I've never used one so no clue how well it performs for mtl vaping or what cost of use is for the coils but there's aio mods like the joyetech penguin. Holds up to 8.8ml (or 2ml tpd compliant versions if you're in the UK) and the device is around the size of a pack of smokes. It doesn't have all the adjustment features of other mods but may be more pocket friendly. Something like the penguin weighs around 1/3 of a pound, something like the alien with batteries and tank attached weighs closer to a pound (think 2 rolls of quarters).

Just thought I'd mention things to consider with wanting to carry it around with you all day in a pocket. If higher weights or somewhat larger sizes are fine, definitely check out regulated mods in either single or dual battery. Otherwise maybe weigh the pros/cons of losing some functions/features for an aio type kit that may be more manageable. The pico75 HondaDavidson mentioned is a smaller single battery mod with more functions than things like the penguin or other aio's.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
o_O

Sadly, like you, I have been approached many times to post favorable reviews of a product in exchange for free stuff.

I have also been approached to make favorable reviews on Youtube for $$$$ and free product.

Folks, that brand of shit just does not fly with me!

And to be honest, I have indeed been provided with free stuff for review.

And I have accepted said "Free Stuff" with the clear understanding that it would be an honest review.

I also made it clear that I would not write a review until I had used the said product daily for a period of no less than one month.

One thing I have always kept in mind that there were vapers that were possibly in part making purchasing decisions based on my reviews.

JuicyLucy

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Sadly, like you, I have been approached many times to post favorable reviews of a product in exchange for free stuff.

I have also been approached to make favorable reviews on Youtube for $$$$ and free product.

Folks, that brand of shit just does not fly with me!

And to be honest, I have indeed been provided with free stuff for review.

And I have accepted said "Free Stuff" with the clear understanding that it would be an honest review.

I also made it clear that I would not write a review until I had used the said product daily for a period of no less than one month.

One thing I have always kept in mind that there were vapers that were possibly in part making purchasing decisions based on my reviews.

I think most reviewers are sincere - and begin with a genuine desire to help other vapers. That may or may not change as they progress

Reviews are especially helpful for newcomers, but it is important that new vapers understand how reviews usually work - and that anyone with an internet connection and a cell phone camera can become a youtube reviewer.

Using a review to attack someone who did not agree with you is laughable

Last edited:

VU Sponsors