Become a Patron!

No Luck With TFV8 Coils

Hey whats up guys, new to the forum so hopefully someone has some insight on my issue. So I have had the tfv8 for about 4 months now, love the tank. But the problem I have is with the coils. I never seem to have any luck with any of the coils I try and they never last. The most current coils I have tried is the v8 t8 and after 3 days the flavor is gone and it burnt out. I made sure to let the coils soak before using it and only vaped it around 90-105 watts. This happens with just about all the coils i have tried that didn't come with the tank originally. Im getting fed up with these coils and im about to stop using the tank even though its a great tank. If anyone has some info on why or what could be causing this it would be appreciated. Thanks!

SteelDriver

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey whats up guys, new to the forum so hopefully someone has some insight on my issue. So I have had the tfv8 for about 4 months now, love the tank. But the problem I have is with the coils. I never seem to have any luck with any of the coils I try and they never last. The most current coils I have tried is the v8 t8 and after 3 days the flavor is gone and it burnt out. I made sure to let the coils soak before using it and only vaped it around 90-105 watts. This happens with just about all the coils i have tried that didn't come with the tank originally. Im getting fed up with these coils and im about to stop using the tank even though its a great tank. If anyone has some info on why or what could be causing this it would be appreciated. Thanks!
That's what inspired me to learn how to build my own.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you buying all your coils from the same place?

pescadore

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use the RBA in my TFV8 exclusively but used the quadruple coil for over a week before I used the RBA without a problem. i ran it at 120 watts.

MagicJosh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Man I would just get a Griffin Tank and learn to wrap your own simple coils. You will be allot happier over time. If you need any help with it let me know.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I use the T8 coils at about 85 watts, mine last for over a month, or until the flavor starts fading I replace, NEVER had a coil burn the cotton. Those coils are way overrated as far as wattage, lower is much better.

Man I would just get a Griffin Tank and learn to wrap your own simple coils. You will be allot happier over time. If you need any help with it let me know.
I have a griffin 25 I used to wrap simple coils but then I bought prebuilt alien coils and loved it but got tired of wicking it all the time.

I use the T8 coils at about 85 watts, mine last for over a month, or until the flavor starts fading I replace, NEVER had a coil burn the cotton. Those coils are way overrated as far as wattage, lower is much better.
Yea I like how they say best at let's say 90 but they are "good" for 800000watts lol

savagebee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have found all my smok coils do better on less power than the "best" settings. I do the q4 baby beasts at 35 watts, and the big t8 v8 coils at 75 watts. They will work with more power, and I have run a t8 at 180 watts for close to a week, but it's gonna burn through coils quicker. The secret to more life is a clearer juice and less power

I just picked up some new T6 coils going to try them on around 80 watts and see I hope this works better. I love the tank but I have a few more I can swap back to lol

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
welcome aboard!
as others say use a lower wattage. personally i find using the best at range's lowest amount is the way to go for flavor and coil life

Mebejedi

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just got some T6s from my vape shop. It's a hot vape at 100w on my Alien, but there's lots of vapor. I lik'em! :D

VU Sponsors