Become a Patron!

No more "last post read"

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Didn't know what to title this, LOL.

OK, is anyone else experiencing this? I get alerted to a post in a thread. Usually it would take me to that post, or the last one read... a feature I've LOVED about VU from day one! genious... but for the last few days, it takes me to the top of the page instead of the current post. Anyone else?

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With me that sometimes happens but for the most part I am right at the last post where it should be. I have an older slow computer and when I go to the link provided and accidentally start scrolling before the page is completely loaded that is when it will screw me up.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Even with your reply, it's like it started to take me to it, I saw the blue smiley, then I was back at the top of the page where Vaping Underground is. That's what happens on almost ALL of them.

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep I think there is a problem here somewhere. Since my last post above I have been viewing "New Posts" and when I click on anyone that I have never been to I end up anywhere other that the first post. Sometimes half way through the thread.??

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Please provide one of the links that doesn't work for you, @Huckleberried so the tech staff have a trail to follow.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I need links to threads with this problem.

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
BTW.. this thread is working fine for me #justsayin

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

VaporJoe

_ the end has arrived _
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Try clearing your cache its definitely something on your side because all 3 post work perfect for me. They take me right to the post #. As an example the "#post-470529" at the end of the last link just tells your browser where to send you. It has nothing to do with the forum, software, or link.

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I'm going out on a limb and guessing here...... try a different browser, and/or thoroughly clear your cache...... ensure your browser is completely up to date....... all those links works just as they should have for both Joe and I, so the Forum is fine..... it appears to be an issue with the browser's ability to find the right spot. Might be good to clear cookies too......

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Try clearing your cache its definitely something on your side because all 3 post work perfect for me. They take me right to the post #. As an example the "#post-470529" at the end of the last link just tells your browser where to send you. It has nothing to do with the forum, software, or link.
I'm going out on a limb and guessing here...... try a different browser, and/or thoroughly clear your cache...... ensure your browser is completely up to date....... all those links works just as they should have for both Joe and I, so the Forum is fine..... it appears to be an issue with the browser's ability to find the right spot. Might be good to clear cookies too......
Clearing everything worked out. Using Chrome. As per my usual, something simple that I didn't think of, so I feel like an ass, lol. Thank you both for your patience.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The code monkeys are going berserk, not caring how many computers are needing more RAM. The days of having a "New Computer" are gone. Open your wallet or purse if you choose to ride the "Information HI way". Just my point of view.

Bobx

Bronze Contributor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use Fire Fox and is always up to date. It is always set to delete cache etc. every time I close it. When I get an email update and click on it it goes right to the correct post. That works fine for me.

But now when I go to and look at "New Posts" and click on one that is long and I have never looked at it before I could end up anywhere in that hole thread not at the first post.

Example: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/subtank-wars.60527/ Called "Subtank Wars" Never been there before and expected to be at the first post. Click on it and ended up at post #455 on the last page??

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thought I'd give that a shot, since I know I hadn't read that thread. Took me to post one. I haven't had the issues since I cleared everything. So, you're still experiencing this. Hmm.

VU Sponsors