Become a Patron!

Noisy cricket 2-25 short circuit protection?

noogie003

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey guys, I've been using a noisy cricket 2-25 for a few months now and ran into something curious, if your building on the mod and you make the silly mistake of accidentally pressing your fire button while there's a short (or say you had a metal tool touching your coil ect.) the mod will still fire, so if you have a coil build that shifts into a position to create a short without you realizing, you'll be inhaling some hellfire. I was under the impression that one of the new safety features implemented on this mod would prevent that. Definitely still to be treated as a full mechanical in terms of safety.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Imo.... All mods should be treated, in this example, as a Mech... Safety wise i treat all mods the same. In fact the more technology there is deter me and danger... the more wary I get.

With a mech....only my failures will let the smoke out...... Regulated mods on the other hand can fail without my help.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

noogie003

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Very true friend, I'm amazed I was careless enough to find out the answer, but a simple re wick can always land you with a short. Figured I'd post it up because it genuinely surprised me, and you never know who might be building right off the mod

VU Sponsors