Become a Patron!

Noisy cricket 2 voltage dial

Hey guys quick question,

So I got myself a noisy cricket 2. According to all the infmation online. When in regulate voltage mode the dial goes from 0-100. 0 being the least resistance thus the highest voltage( around 6) and 100 the highest resistance (voltage around 2)

My noisy cricket show the complete opposite. When the dial is turned to 0 it gives almost no vapot on my dual staggered clapton (0.5 ohm) and on 100 it gives massive amounts of vaper.

It doesnt really sound like a problem cs the device is working fine. Just feels wierd that the dial seems to work inverted.

Any help would be appriciated.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hey guys quick question,

So I got myself a noisy cricket 2. According to all the infmation online. When in regulate voltage mode the dial goes from 0-100. 0 being the least resistance thus the highest voltage( around 6) and 100 the highest resistance (voltage around 2)

My noisy cricket show the complete opposite. When the dial is turned to 0 it gives almost no vapot on my dual staggered clapton (0.5 ohm) and on 100 it gives massive amounts of vaper.

It doesnt really sound like a problem cs the device is working fine. Just feels wierd that the dial seems to work inverted.

Any help would be appriciated.
the dial isn't for resistance. the dial is for voltage output.
I couldn't find any documentation on the range but normally 0 would be around 3 volts and 100 would be around 6.5 volts

Dustyjeans

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Counterclockwise reduces voltage clockwise increases voltage. My dial shows 0 when all the way down and 100 all the way up (clockwise)

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Mine is the same. Voltage lowest at 0 and highest at 100. The reviews I saw before receiving it said the opposite.

Also, I don't think it goes all the way down to 2 volts. When I run 0.18-0.2 ohm coils, I have to run it at the lowest voltage setting; otherwise it gets way too hot. It seems to me that if it was genuinely 2 volts, it wouldn't be hitting so hard at the lowest setting. It also tells me that on this mod, I really can't go any lower with my ohms.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Mine is the same. Voltage lowest at 0 and highest at 100. The reviews I saw before receiving it said the opposite.

Also, I don't think it goes all the way down to 2 volts. When I run 0.18-0.2 ohm coils, I have to run it at the lowest voltage setting; otherwise it gets way too hot. It seems to me that if it was genuinely 2 volts, it wouldn't be hitting so hard at the lowest setting. It also tells me that on this mod, I really can't go any lower with my ohms.

I don't have a noisey cricket but while most of the vv mods have a minimum of 3.2-3.6 volts the dovpo m vv has a low limit of 1 per the manual but per my testing .8 volts. It's impressive

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I don't have a noisey cricket but while most of the vv mods have a minimum of 3.2-3.6 volts the dovpo m vv has a low limit of 1 per the manual but per my testing .8 volts. It's impressive

How did you test the volts?

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years

I can only find the Dovpo from overseas vendors. It's cheap if I can stomach the wait, or I can pay ~$60 and get it in a reasonable time frame.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I can only find the Dovpo from overseas vendors. It's cheap if I can stomach the wait, or I can pay ~$60 and get it in a reasonable time frame.

i got mine form overseas. i think it was efun or ellegomall. if you select the yt express option from elegomall it's usually less then 10 day wait for me

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
i got mine form overseas. i think it was efun or ellegomall. if you select the yt express option from elegomall it's usually less then 10 day wait for me
How much did you pay in total? What was the subtotal and how much was shipping?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
How much did you pay in total? What was the subtotal and how much was shipping?

hard to say since i ordered 2 other items with it but it was efun and they are sold out. looks like fasttech is the cheapest

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
hard to say since i ordered 2 other items with it but it was efun and they are sold out. looks like fasttech is the cheapest
There's a ton of cheap accessories available at Gearbest that I could order alongside the mod but I'd have to wait ages for it. I can't do expedited shipping on the entire package it seems. I wonder if I only order items from the same warehouse that maybe I could.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
There's a ton of cheap accessories available at Gearbest that I could order alongside the mod but I'd have to wait ages for it. I can't do expedited shipping on the entire package it seems. I wonder if I only order items from the same warehouse that maybe I could.

yeah probably different warehouses. gearbest seems to have the dovpo at the same price roughly as well

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
It's probably not worth the money or hassle. If I need to use sub .18ohm coils, I'll just use my regulated mod.

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I am annoyed that Wismec seemingly misrepresented the Cricket II-25's capabilities.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I am annoyed that Wismec seemingly misrepresented the Cricket II-25's capabilities.

I don't know if they did. i don't have one to test but yeah lots of manufacturers lie about specs. wismec is actually one of the one's that rarely do it (outside of the 50 amp limit BS they claim on their dual battery mods) sigelei is famous for it. wismec lies about their 510 calling it exceptional on their website and always claiming they fixed it

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I don't know if they did. i don't have one to test but yeah lots of manufacturers lie about specs. wismec is actually one of the one's that rarely do it (outside of the 50 amp limit BS they claim on their dual battery mods) sigelei is famous for it. wismec lies about their 510 calling it exceptional on their website and always claiming they fixed it
There's no way this is putting out only 2volts on the lowest setting. I don't have equipment to test it, but it's plainly obvious just from using it.

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
There's no way this is putting out only 2volts on the lowest setting. I don't have equipment to test it, but it's plainly obvious just from using it.

lol i believe you. if i had to guess it's say 3.2-3.6 probably
the tesla invader 3 had a 3.6 minimum so with a .1ohm build the lowest setting was over 100 watts. that's why i like the dovpo one and my ipwm but the ipwm isn't regulated so i don't build below .3 ohms

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Can you safely run 0.05ohms on the Dovpo? Or is the battery current too high at that point?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Can you safely run 0.05ohms on the Dovpo? Or is the battery current too high at that point?

i'd have to look at my testing but i remember it cut off at 200 watts. i can't remember the amp cut off. I do think it has a .1 ohm minimum resistance but i'm not sure. didn't test that low. not sure why you would want to build that low anyway. most regulated mods perform best between .14 ohm and .24 ohms. that's the sweet spot. lower then .14 and the amp limit comes into play, higher then .24 and the volt limit comes into play. except the dovpo you can build much higher because the volt limit is only limited by the charge of your batteries. most regulated mods limit to 6 volts fur dual battery mods and 7.5-9 volts for triple or quad battery mods

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I'm new to the rebuilding game, but I do know that I have some 0.1ohm premades on the way (I'll likely add a wrap/increase the ID to up the resistance and surface area tho).

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I was wondering if I could get away with running them as dual coils

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
UD Stainless Steel Twisted Fused Clapton Coils @ 0.1 ohms.
3354ef36d7c232a2d35d17f364d9b57e.jpg

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
UD Stainless Steel Twisted Fused Clapton Coils @ 0.1 ohms.
3354ef36d7c232a2d35d17f364d9b57e.jpg

super low resistances won't fire as well cause mods hit their amp limit (and that assumes the mod can fire that low) sometimes too much isn't a good thing. there is always a sweet spot :)

with that said I don't fully trust the UD ratings. i have some of their ".15 ohm" alien coils and they are really .25 ohm If your gonna build you should have a meter to work out hot spots and check the resistance before putting it on your mod. especially a VV mod that doesn't show you the resistance

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I use my Fuchai 213 regulated mod to test my coils.

theclaw20

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Seems like a waste of money. What can a meter do that a regulated mod can't?

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Seems like a waste of money. What can a meter do that a regulated mod can't?

read lower resistances, be more accurate (supposedly lol but in general i find them to be) fire any build you put on them, and ruining a 20 dollar meter isn't as bad as ruining a 40-80 dollar mod. and they are shorter and wider so easier to build on. they won't tip over.

VU Sponsors