Become a Patron!

Noisy cricket coil build ideas

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I have a noisy cricket coming in today and was wondering about any tips/ideas for good coil builds on it would be? Open to any and all types will probably be using either dodge v2 clone , mad hatter or tugboat v1

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I have a noisy cricket coming in today and was wondering about any tips/ideas for good coil builds on it would be? Open to any and all types will probably be using either dodge v2 clone , mad hatter or tugboat v1
I wouldn't go below .35 or so even with good batterys. Other then that I've seen some high gage aliens and fused Claptons. I've seen some twisted builds. And of course some crazy ass superbuilds.
As long as your safe and enjoy the vape, do what you like the most lol.

For me that would be 28 ga fused Claptons running around .38-.40 for series builds. But it's been a while since I've ran series mods to lol

sent from a dumb operated smart phone

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yup, Im using some 28/34 fused claptons built around a .5 and they work perfect. A .4 might be a little low to start on, Id recommend going a little higher at first, maybe a .6 or so to get a feel for how powerful it is first and go from there. Whatever you build, be sure your RDA has a long center pin for that hybrid connection. I say this because I have a Mad Hatter and a Mad Hatter V2 and I wouldnt use either one for the Cricket. Neither of them has a long enough pin, in fact, the V2s pin is flush with the 510 sleeve, which is very very VERY bad news on a series.

itsmenotyou

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yup, Im using some 28/34 fused claptons built around a .5 and they work perfect. A .4 might be a little low to start on, Id recommend going a little higher at first, maybe a .6 or so to get a feel for how powerful it is first and go from there. Whatever you build, be sure your RDA has a long center pin for that hybrid connection. I say this because I have a Mad Hatter and a Mad Hatter V2 and I wouldnt use either one for the Cricket. Neither of them has a long enough pin, in fact, the V2s pin is flush with the 510 sleeve, which is very very VERY bad news on a series.
Boom! Lol

sent from a dumb operated smart phone

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had thought the pin on my mad hatter stuck out far enough but was gonna check again beforehand. But thanks for the warning lol I'd rather be safe than sorry. Had planned on building around .4-.5 ohms at first but will probably go with .6 to start out and go from there, I've built on mechs, parallel box's and hybrids before but it's my first series box so I'd rather ask questions first

Mythical_OD

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea no doubt man. Remember series doubles the voltage so your hitting with 8.4 volts on fresh batteries. Makes a huse difference.

Diescum88

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will, looking through my rda's again now to figure out what all I have that's safe for the cricket, so far the only 2 I'm actually comfortable with the pin length are my dodge v2 (clone) and my freakshow mini...though I don't think the mini has enough deck room for the builds I'd be putting in for series use. There's a few I used to used for my smpl and 4nine but not sure I'm comfortable using on the noisy cricket ... Trying to be as safe about it as possible. Thinking it might be time to order a new atty just for it

Joshhm9x

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you're in the market for an atty give a check to the "So Horney" RDA by Wild Bull Productions. Absolutely love using it when using any series mech mod. The clones are fairly 1:1 to the authentic. Happy Vaping!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cloudsbroclouds

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
yeah i saw the matty ice review on the so horney a little while back. seems like a wild rda. flip attys and mods are a personal fave of mine.

martnargh

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
.54, from raymo
3150bd108fb7c4ae441b309ec9b814ca.jpg

9fa2da9a36c83bdf65ecca9d7ca04cb3.jpg

d91ff49aa9b71fdc948e34a324e11e2a.jpg

All good series builds. I didnt like going over .5 on the cricket, but the .4 area is its sweet spot imo.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

I know I'm late joining the party, I have been looking for the perfect pair of coils for my noisy cricket as well. For the past few weeks I was running a dual 30g fused clapton nicrome80 with 36g as the outer wire. 10 wraps. Today I've built that same set up 2 core 30g x 34g alien wrapped 8x in 2.4mm Id, and she's clocking in at .5 just a fantastic warm vape. Didn't think I'd like going below a .6 but Damb does that alien wrap kick but.

VU Sponsors