Become a Patron!

Noisy Cricket Flashlight Mod

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A friend who's a machinist made this for me. A standard noisy cricket, 2 18650's, flashlight head with a Cree XHP-50 LED. 3 modes, low, med, high

J8rosAy.jpg

KJUupLv.jpg

Head and switch will work on any Noisy Cricket

xpin7Dc.jpg

Backyard beamshot on high

sn1Uzku.jpg

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wow!!! That’s awesome!

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Id vape it....pretty cool. Now if u take light mod off and attach atty...vapeable? Will Button work for atty too? Asking for s friend

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Id vape it....pretty cool. Now if u take light mod off and attach atty...vapeable? Will Button work for atty too? Asking for s friend

Yes it would work. Only problem is, it's click on, then click again off, so it'd be risky... lol

bx10r

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes it would work. Only problem is, it's click on, then click again off, so it'd be risky... lol
Yikes....yeah...definitely. pretty awesome tjo...kudos to your friend.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Haha, thanks. Did you right click and view image on the beamshot? This thing is like 2000 lumens, but gets hot quick on high
Damn! That thing would be perfect for froggin’ if it didn’t get so hot.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
It's not water proof either..lol

So how the hell you doing? Been a while

Been doing well, no complaints.
How everything been for you?
Other than inventing kick ass mod transformations.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nothing much, just been raising two kids and spending all my time with them, school work, music lessons, various activities, and fixing shit around the house..etc... btw, I'm still vaping on that same Reuleaux mod. It's all beat to hell but still works perfect. I have not bought a single piece of vape gear in two years. I've gotten many people to quit smoking though.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Nothing much, just been raising two kids and spending all my time with them, school work, music lessons, various activities, and fixing shit around the house..etc... btw, I'm still vaping on that same Reuleaux mod. It's all beat to hell but still works perfect. I have not bought a single piece of vape gear in two years. I've gotten many people to quit smoking though.
That is highly impressive!
Talk about a testament to the durability of wismec.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Need to dig out my snow shovel. First snow of the year. Makes for a good Noisy Cricket flashlight beamshot !

CzQWfqU.jpg

Buddha222

Chainvaping through the fog ....
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Cool!

I have actually read somewhere that that some of the early tube vapes were made from modified flashlights - it's the reason we call our devices 'mods.'

If that's the case, you have come full circle with the tech. From flashlight to vape mod and from vape mod back to flashlight.

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cool!

I have actually read somewhere that that some of the early tube vapes were made from modified flashlights - it's the reason we call our devices 'mods.'

If that's the case, you have come full circle with the tech. From flashlight to vape mod and from vape mod back to flashlight.

Probably true to some extent. People will make or hack anything from anything. I'd be more inclined to scratch make a vape mod out of copper, brass, or aluminum pipe that can be found at hardware stores. Flashlight off/on buttons are fragile compared to a mechanical contact button.

VU Sponsors