Become a Patron!

Noisy Cricket II-25 questions.

Hello, new to this forum but not really new to vaping, sorry due my poor English since I'm from Sweden.

But I'm going to order this Mod and maybe Wotofo Freakshow RDA v2 to get myself started vaping and making coils again to keep my ADD busy and I liked doing coils and shit for maybe 1-2 years ago but have not touched a vape or anything since then and I kinda miss it, and I'm trying to quit smoke cigarettes so need to keep myself busy and still get some smoke/vape into my lungs.

So my question/s are:
1. Which wire should I use for better taste? I'm aiming for 0.3-0.6ohms in Series ( Thinking about regulated so I can play around with the powerwheel to find my spot. )
2. Is this version really safer? My friend had the first Noisy Cricket and we really liked it, untill we we're drunk and made the batteries burst because wrong calculation about the Ohm-law and such.

Anyone got tips? I'm not new to wicking and such but as I said, have not done it in 1-2years so my memory is kind a weak. I'm re-learning the Ohm-law and studying steam-engines new site/update haha.

Best regards. :)

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Get an ohm meter if you don't have one. That device is one of my favorite little mods, and it's an actual well made Wismec device. I will venture to .3, carefully, in series, but thats low. Definitely try out the regulated feature, its similar to a Hex Ohm. For .3 it will be nice. And then if you wanna build low flip the board and your in parallel.

It's a great mod, it's also semi-regulated since it has short circuit and reverse battery protection. For wire it's preference. I have tons of crazy coils I like, but I still build Vanilla coils usually. Try a 4-5mm I.D. Coil for a series build if you have the room. It can really open it up.

And again, get a meter if you don't have one, or a backup device that reads resistance. You don't wanna be building by guess. Sounds like you're being careful, researching, and here to re-learn, so I have no doubt you will be good. That mod's very versatile, and very underrated. And finally, it's a series box, but it is definitely safer than a Noisy Cricket assuming all is functioning properly, and you stay within the limits of your batteries.

Get an ohm meter if you don't have one. That device is one of my favorite little mods, and it's an actual well made Wismec device. I will venture to .3, carefully, in series, but thats low. Definitely try out the regulated feature, its similar to a Hex Ohm. For .3 it will be nice. And then if you wanna build low flip the board and your in parallel.

It's a great mod, it's also semi-regulated since it has short circuit and reverse battery protection. For wire it's preference. I have tons of crazy coils I like, but I still build Vanilla coils usually. Try a 4-5mm I.D. Coil for a series build if you have the room. It can really open it up.

And again, get a meter if you don't have one, or a backup device that reads resistance. You don't wanna be building by guess. Sounds like you're being careful, researching, and here to re-learn, so I have no doubt you will be good. That mod's very versatile, and very underrated. And finally, it's a series box, but it is definitely safer than a Noisy Cricket assuming all is functioning properly, and you stay within the limits of your batteries.
Yeah I got one, or two I think even but think I will buy a new one, have not used these ones in a very long time.

Yeah I've heard similar things about builds/the mod and such, sounds like you get a lot bang for the buck actually, which I really like about this little one. I'm careful now especially when I not have build and so in 1-2years. Better safe than sorry as always.

There was a huge hype here in Sweden when Noisy cricket 2 was released and then it just died, weird. But some people would actually choose this mod over any other for some reason.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah I got one, or two I think even but think I will buy a new one, have not used these ones in a very long time.

Yeah I've heard similar things about builds/the mod and such, sounds like you get a lot bang for the buck actually, which I really like about this little one. I'm careful now especially when I not have build and so in 1-2years. Better safe than sorry as always.

There was a huge hype here in Sweden when Noisy cricket 2 was released and then it just died, weird. But some people would actually choose this mod over any other for some reason.
Glad you're being safe... I never count on a mods protections in those instances...

I can say the reverse battery works, since mine was an early one with no manual. Since it was series, I put the batteries in series orientation... nothing. Didn't fry anything or blow up. So that feature works.

And I will say that they are kinda difficult to find wholesale. I don't have any idea why they didn't catch on. Mine has been a fantastic mod, a rarity for Wismec. Even the 510 is good. It's incredibly versatile. It's a definite gem that for some reason never got too popular...

~Don~

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I liked them enough to buy 2, one to use, one for stash. The only down fall in totality for me is the 510...as noted by some reviewers, many RDAs/RTAs wont sit flush...the problem this causes...The average Joe who doesn't know about this issue, can and probably in time, break the 510 by thinking, " Ah whats another 1/3 turn"

Go into it knowing most atomizers will have a tiny gap, and the mod will treat you right.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I liked them enough to buy 2, one to use, one for stash. The only down fall in totality for me is the 510...as noted by some reviewers, many RDAs/RTAs wont sit flush...the problem this causes...The average Joe who doesn't know about this issue, can and probably in time, break the 510 by thinking, " Ah whats another 1/3 turn"

Go into it knowing most atomizers will have a tiny gap, and the mod will treat you right.
Kidney Puncher atty washers... get yourself some... you will be very happy. I use them on all mods that have a gap. Cheap and Perfect.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
It never bothered me, but thanks for the suggestion.
Right on. Most of my attys are good on the II-25, but a few have really long pins. I think the 510 on it is the best I've seen from Wismec. Overall, I think it's a really nice mod. It's a hell of a bargain for what you get, and mine has performed flawlessly since November.

VU Sponsors