Become a Patron!

Non Smoker?

Doomsday Vaper

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Backstory: I went to a new dentist and had to fill out a patient health information sheet. The form has a choice of smoker/non-smoker. I have been tobacco free 3 years and counting, checked the non-smoker box.

This has got me thinking. At what point are we (vapers) considered non-smokers? Or, can be? I understand that using nicotine would probably be the same in the eyes of an insurance company. My patient info sheet was not an insurance form, as I have no dental insurance.

At this point in my journey, I don't have any plans of ever quitting the vape. Sure as hell not going to start smoking/chewing again. At almost 50 year's of age and smoking since I was 13, 14...will I ever get to be a non-smoker? :question:

David Wolf

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
You’re a non smoker for sure but the insurance companies don’t see it that way and a lot of them are now saying tobacco products and count vaping in that description.

ceecee

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I agree - the minute you put your last cigarette down you became a non-smoker. I don't understand why there should be some sort of grey area with vaping - are you putting smoke into your lungs? Nope. That makes you a non-smoker ;)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
AHA and a few other shilly organizations that make money pretending to advocate for the health of smokers says you can only be a non-smoker if you never smoked:crazy:

This is nonsense - if you don't smoke you are a non-smoker :wave:

VU Sponsors