Become a Patron!

Noob needs help

I'm new to this forum and don't really know where this goes. I've poked around the safety, new build, forums etc. But I haven't found too much information to get me started. I quit smoking using a 20$ ego kit at a local shop in a period of about 6 months. My friend has built a box mod, for rediculously cheap. About 10$ for everything, he opened it and showed me what's going on. He just has a battery, the switch, and the 510 in a hammond box. I wish to build something like this too but the thought of hooking batteries straight to the 510 scares me. I want to be able to regulate the power. So I need a chip, right? Does the mosfet count, or what even is that. Anyway the point of me starting this post is, I need help getting started. I don't want to injure myself, and a few days all over google and youtube gave me little info. What counts as regulated? Is regulation required for sub ohm? Can I get like a picture or diagram of how I would keep me or my batteries from being damaged. Any information would be appreciated.

I h
Unfortunately I can't help but I'd guess you'll have more luck over in this neck of the woods;
http://vapingunderground.com/#mod-pv-producers.139
MOD / PV PRODUCERS Custom Builder? This is for YOU!
However I could be mistaken.
More specifically here;
http://vapingunderground.com/thread...-box-mods-battery-trays-switches-510-etc.779/

I greatly appreciate your input and reply however it's not quite an answer I was looking for. I guess I'll wait if anyone else replies or start looking into unregulated mods

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm new to this forum and don't really know where this goes. I've poked around the safety, new build, forums etc. But I haven't found too much information to get me started. I quit smoking using a 20$ ego kit at a local shop in a period of about 6 months. My friend has built a box mod, for rediculously cheap. About 10$ for everything, he opened it and showed me what's going on. He just has a battery, the switch, and the 510 in a hammond box. I wish to build something like this too but the thought of hooking batteries straight to the 510 scares me. I want to be able to regulate the power. So I need a chip, right? Does the mosfet count, or what even is that. Anyway the point of me starting this post is, I need help getting started. I don't want to injure myself, and a few days all over google and youtube gave me little info. What counts as regulated? Is regulation required for sub ohm? Can I get like a picture or diagram of how I would keep me or my batteries from being damaged. Any information would be appreciated.
Since you are new to vaping, I'd get a regulated mod if I were you. Mechanical mods can be dangerous if you are unsure how to use them. The mosfet won't protect you either. If you wanted to turn it into a regulated mod you would need a board but it's really not worth buying a board (if you can even find one) outside of a DNA board and still at that price you are better off just buying a cheap regulated mod. You can get decent ones for 20-30 bucks

VU Sponsors