Become a Patron!

(Noob Question) How i put a single coil in a dual coil deck?

Severinomotta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Hi girls and boys,

I have a Zeus Dual, always use it with two coils.

But i want to put a single coil in it and a question came to my mind and i couldn't find an answer searching the web.

In wich holes should i put the legs of the single coil.

In the pic bellow we have a standard mount, with two coils.

I put some letters in the pic. With two coils a just put the legs of one coil in "A" and the other in "B".

Get my second coil and put the legs in "C" and "D".

But with a single coil. Should i mount like if i have two coils, letting, for example, "C" and "D" open or the mount should be crossed, like this "/"? I mean, just one coil, i must put one leg in "A" and other in "D", or, one leg in "B" and the other one in "C"?

Thanks for the help.

Best.

Attachments

• 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 35

DogMan

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A or C to B or D

does that make sense?

just remove one coil, then adjust AFC to suit one coil

you could also go b-c

see the insulator half way down your coil? just bridge the gap with a coil

i suck at explaining things

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Hi girls and boys,

I have a Zeus Dual, always use it with two coils.

But i want to put a single coil in it and a question came to my mind and i couldn't find an answer searching the web.

In wich holes should i put the legs of the single coil.

In the pic bellow we have a standard mount, with two coils.

I put some letters in the pic. With two coils a just put the legs of one coil in "A" and the other in "B".

Get my second coil and put the legs in "C" and "D".

But with a single coil. Should i mount like if i have two coils, letting, for example, "C" and "D" open or the mount should be crossed, like this "/"? I mean, just one coil, i must put one leg in "A" and other in "D", or, one leg in "B" and the other one in "C"?

Thanks for the help.

Best.
Make sure one leg goes in Either A or C, and the other leg in Either B or D

One has to go above the Peek insulator, the other below

Peek insulator, separates positive from negative terminals:
jpixit_img_2018-08-08_11.03.06.jpg

Last edited:

Severinomotta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Make sure one leg goes in Either A or C, and the other leg in Either B or D

One has to go above the Peek insulator, the other below

Peek insulator, separates positive from negative terminals:
View attachment 117429
Ok, + and - in the deck im aware. My doubt was more about how to set up a single coil. So, there is no problem like, if a put two coils, than take one off. In this case the tank would work correctly, right? I was wondering if i didnt have to cross in a single coil set up, puting the coil in a shape like this "/". So, by what i understand, it doesn't matter, as long as i put one leg in positive and another in negative, no matter in wich of the two positive or negative holes, right?

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Ok, + and - in the deck im aware. My doubt was more about how to set up a single coil. So, there is no problem like, if a put two coils, than take one off. In this case the tank would work correctly, right? I was wondering if i didnt have to cross in a single coil set up, puting the coil in a shape like this "/". So, by what i understand, it doesn't matter, as long as i put one leg in positive and another in negative, no matter in wich of the two positive or negative holes, right?

Correct - if you take one coil out though, I recommend bending the one coil more towards the middle so the air is even on both sides

But yep, you can use either/or of each positive/negative hole

Severinomotta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Yep, what Meg said. But understand you will get muted flavor with the coil being so far away from the airflow slots.
So if a put a single coil, then put it in the middle (centered) position of the Zeus Dual, will i get less flavor?

Severinomotta

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
What I technically said is you can use either negative slot with either positive slot, doesnt have to be / it could be |
Yeah, got it. I was afraid that there was a "must", like, you must put it like this "|" or "like that "/". But, as you said, what matters is just put one leg in - and other in + and vape on...

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So if a put a single coil, then put it in the middle (centered) position of the Zeus Dual, will i get less flavor?
Yep, I'd bet on it. The idea behind getting flavor is to have as much of the incoming air hit the coil to mix with the vapor. By setting the coil in the middle alot of the incoming air is going shoot straight past the coil to the drip tip resulting in less flavor.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That depends on the build of the one coil...

1 BIG coil can vape just as well as 2 coils..... difficulty comes in fitting that 1 BIG coil in the atty .. so instead we do 2 smaller coils.. gives us the mass and surface area we want in a more compact package

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors