Become a Patron!

Noob steeping question

heineken

Member For 3 Years
Do different concentrates that require long steeping times such as custards work together as shake and vape as long as they're all done steeping, or is it likely that mixing them together will require more steep time on top of that?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Pretty much.. and different manufactures steep at different times too..

The higher the concentrate, I have found, the fastest the steep, but that is not always the case if you go to high with ultra flavor companies :)
All depends on use.

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
If your custard bases are fully steeped you can add fruits and such to 5-30ml of the base, in 3-5 days it should be good to vape.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Uh.. Pretty much what? Mix, shake and vape or additional steeping time?

just like all flavors are different from each other, so are manufactures.
one brand might take 3 weeks to steep for a good custard or bakery, another might only take 5 days..

try solos first and see where you go from there. :)

heineken

Member For 3 Years
just like all flavors are different from each other, so are manufactures.
one brand might take 3 weeks to steep for a good custard or bakery, another might only take 5 days..

try solos first and see where you go from there. :)

I get that, but I'm not sure you understood my question.

Say I have a cream desert type thing that needs 3 weeks steeping time and a custard that needs 4. Now let's say they've both had their required steeping time and I now would like to mix them together by taste.

The question then is: Can I do that and generally get an accurate result by shake and vape, OR is it likely that this mix will change flavor with additional steeping time mixed together, thus making the ratio decision by shaking and vaping potentially unaccurate?

Unless I misunderstood it seems Letitia9 suggest it's the latter.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I get that, but I'm not sure you understood my question.

Say I have a cream desert type thing that needs 3 weeks steeping time and a custard that needs 4. Now let's say they've both had their required steeping time and I now would like to mix them together by taste.

The question then is: Can I do that and generally get an accurate result by shake and vape, OR is it likely that this mix will change flavor with additional steeping time mixed together, thus making the ratio decision by shaking and vaping potentially unaccurate?

Unless I misunderstood it seems Letitia9 suggest it's the latter.

You wont get it by shake n vape... every time you add in a new flavor compound, the clock starts up again. How fast tho, depends on what is added in.. and how much.

heineken

Member For 3 Years
Anytime.. keep asking questions when you get stumpted.. best thing to do is just have fun! :)
Keep that tounge of yours happy and make sure to take notes!

Sure thing! Just got some new flavors today. Trying out LA Pina Colada at the moment. Good stuff, but not too strong at 15% and the pineapple is a bit funky so needs some tweaking, creaming and sweatening. Or just steeping hehe..

Fun indeed, and the fun better not fade as I've spent a small fortune on flavors the last couple of weeks.. :) Still cheaper than going back to smoking cigarettes I guess

VU Sponsors