Become a Patron!

Norseman’s Review on the Berserker MTL Starter Kit from Vandy Vape

Norseman Mech

Member For 4 Years
yBqDqxO.jpg

I received this Berserker MTL Kit free of charge directly from Vandy Vape for the purpose of this review. Regardless of this, it will not color my opinion on this review in any way, shape or form.

gmoHOTK.jpg

Packaging
This came in a sample box that had a sticker on it that says its solely for trial-production and it does also say sample on several places on it. So the retail package is going to be something we have seen from Vandy Vape before. I will despite that show the box it came in.

11NOMGT.jpg

The Berserker MTL Starter Kit
It is a MTL starter kit that Vandy Vape has come out with, and the first impression is that it is a well made little kit where the machining and tolerances are nice. It is made to be a Mouth to Lung device and as such I would say that it works as intended.

The mod itself is a regulated device that has a 1100mAh battery which can last you quite a while depending on your vaping style. To switch it On or Off you click the fire button five times quickly within two seconds. The indicator light surrounding the button will then flash three times.

It has a variety of features in order to protect you, such as overtime protection, over output protection, over charging protection, low power protection and short circuit protection.

2yIy07N.jpg

You have the ability to change the output mode and you do that during shutdown mode. At that time you press the fire button for 3 seconds, and by doing that you change from Direct output mode to Constant voltage output mode or vice versa.

4cl3rx2.jpg

In Direct output mode the light surrounding the fire button has a white light and during Constant voltage output mode the light is orange. When overtime protection kicks in, the light shines 3 times if you push the fire button for 10 seconds or longer.

When the short circuit kicks in the light shines red 10 times quickly. Low power protection comes in when the battery gets below 3.2 volt and it also shines 10 times and the fire button doesn’t work.

V2IjilA.jpg

The tank is a small little thing that is real easy to use for any beginner since it uses pre-made factory coils. There is basically just one very important thing with this one, and that is to make absolutely sure to prime the coil real good to avoid burning the cotton and getting dry hits.

It utilizes 1.5Ω or 1.8Ω coils. I have tried both of them and in my mind this one, as well as other starter kits I have tried, suffers somewhat when it comes to flavor. To me it is a bit muted. The reason for that might be that I normally use good flavor RDA’s when I vape and I therefore have gotten used to great flavor.

i2nCibo.jpg

It is a top fill tank and you unscrew the top cap in order to fill it up. To change coils you just unscrew the bottom part and change out the coil after priming it well of course. The airflow has 5 different sized air holes to make it more or less restrictive, and it does work real nice without any whistling or other noise.

It is a real easy kit to use and carry around. I haven’t had any leaking issues with it so far and the overall experience has been nice. Since it got an internal battery it is charged through the USB-cable and you can use it while it charges. The fire button is responsive and it doesn’t rattle on the kit i got.

After I have done this review I will let one of my neighbors use it to see if he as well find it lacking in flavor. I might update the review in the comment field after he has used it for a while to let you know what his opinion on this device is.

Assessment
It is a well made kit that I think someone going from smokes to vaping might enjoy. It is easy to operate, change coil and fill with new liquid. The only thing that I don’t like is the lack of flavor I get.

Can I recommend it to others?
If someone wanna get off the smokes I can’t see why not. It is a nice kit and it is MTL vaping, kinda like when you do the drag on a smoke, so that part is similar, in this case just a lot healthier. The prices I have seen online makes it interesting also.

Pros
Well built
Easy to fill the tank
Mod and tank fits together nicely
Holds 2 ml of liquid and 3.5 ml with the bubble glass attached according to Vandy Vape
Easy to use
10 different colors

Cons
Lacks somewhat in flavor

Parameters
Berserker Mod

Width: 19 mm
Height: 75.5 mm
Berserker MTL Subtank
Width: 19 mm
Height: 47.65 mm
Matte Black, SS, Gun Metal, Gold, Rainbow, White, Blue, Red, Green and Purple

Package includes
1 x Berserker mod
1 x Berserker MTL subtank
1 x Extra delrin drip tip
1 x Spare bubble glass
1 x 1.5Ω MTL coil
1 x 1.8Ω MTL coil
1 x Spare parts bag
1 x USB Cable
1 x Manual

You will find it here
Berserker MTL Starter Kit at Vandy Vape

Thanks for reading this far and Vape on!
Norseman

My Instagram

Last edited:

VU Sponsors