Become a Patron!

Norseman’s Review on the HotRod RDA from the Swedish Vaper and DeepinMaker

Norseman Mech

Member For 4 Years
yBqDqxO.jpg

I received this HotRod RDA free of charge directly from HeavenGifts for the purpose of this review. Regardless of this, it will not color my opinion on this review in any way, shape or form.

NZJzocT.jpg

Packaging
This comes in a rectangular tin box with a print of a hot rod on the lid, it does also say 24 mm, HotRod, and RDA designed by Swedish Vaper. The first thing you see when you open the lid up is a HotRod Mechanics Handbook (manual).

BoKeeKY.jpg

When you take that away and the foam that covers the RDA, you will find a carton with a print of a HotRod sitting in a garage and it suggest that the deck is the engine on the printed HotRod and so on. Must say that the packaging is way different from what we are normally used to see and it does also show that Swedish Vaper has got humor and lots of it.

7eMpN4P.jpg

The RDA
This is a 24 mm 5-piece RDA, well 6-piece if you include the drip tip, and it is made for dual coil use and made in collaboration between Swedish Vaper UK and DeepinMaker. The first impression is that it is well made and of high quality and for sure made to look like an engine block.

Em74Vil.jpg

The deck itself is interesting looking and the bottom airflow is actually made to look like the cylinder banks on a V10 engine so it got 5 air holes on each side of the deck. It has two posts with a single hole per post and it is actually really easy to build on and it can hold some big ass coils.

kI1mJSN.jpg

You should pre-cut the coil legs so you get the proper length on them to make it even easier to build and by doing that you minimize any risk of damaging the wire when you snip the legs. The position on the coils should be close to the posts to benefit the most from the airflow coming from underneath the coils.

vsEdXva.jpg

It has plenty of room for the wicks and the juice well is a whopping 8 mm deep allowing for a lot of liquid in the well, a good thing regardless if you drip or squonk on the RDA. Some caution should be taken though, since it has a bottom airflow and over dripping or over squonking will make the liquid flow down the air holes and make a mess.

aBx6wa6.jpg

Another thing with the deck is that it doesn’t drain the juice well when you are squonking since it is designed to fill up the two side wells, allowing for more liquid to stay in the juice well, and more importantly, since the liquid doesn’t go back into the bottle, you don’t get any gunk into it either. Good thinking there.

1hlOTUH.jpg

The top cap has a glass section in it and it has four windows you can look through to see how saturated the wick is. This glass section is easily changed in case it breaks, you just unscrew the top part of the barrel and put the new glass section in and bob is your uncle. Be sure though to lubricate the seals (not the animal) so you don’t destroy them.

FDcK7ce.jpg

It has bottom airflow and the airflow ring is detachable and makes it real easy when you are cleaning the RDA. The airflow is really smooth and it has two cyclops shaped holes on each side, a stopper at fully open and the same when fully closed. It is easy and smooth to change the airflow and I haven’t managed to make it whistle or make any other disturbing noises at all.

82Q3zFN.jpg

Like most RDA’s produced today this as well utilizes 810 drip tips and the one in the package is a black honeycomb resin drip tip. I have tried a few of the 810 drip tips I have and they all sit nice and snug on the HotRod.

kkasMmt.jpg

My biggest pet peeve when it comes to RDA’s is bad O-rings, luckily the HotRod does have good O-rings that hold everything nice and snug as they should.

auvHJkM.jpg

So how does it vape you might ask yourselves by now…? I have had a really nice experience with this RDA and the vape I get out of it is a pleasant one, it is dense and the flavor is actually good.

Assessment
I must say that it is a well manufactured RDA that is well machined and well put together. The HotRod theme is something fresh and different from what we normally see on new releases of RDA’s.

Can I recommend it to others?
If you need a new RDA that does dual coils, that you can either squonk or drip with and something that is packaged totally different, then this might be for you… It is a nice RDA that also deliver on flavor. And the price is just right and even more so with the Coupon Code NorsemanHotRod at checkout.

Pros
Machining
Looks
Good flavor
Squonk ready
Lots of build space
8 mm deep juice well
Cool HotRod theme
Smooth airflow

Cons
No 510 drip tip adaptor

Parameters
Width: 24 mm
Height: 34.5 mm with the drip tip
Carbon Black, Midnight Blue, Titanium Grey

Package includes
1 x HotRod RDA
1 x Spare glass section
1 x Regular 510 pin
1 x Squonk pin
2 x Extra post screws
1 x Set of coils
1 x Pad of cotton
1 x Screwdriver
O-rings
1 x Mechanics Handbook (manual)

You will find it here
HotRod RDA for $29.90 at the time I wrote the review.

And if you wanna get $5 off of the HotRod you can use my Coupon Code: NorsemanHotRod and it is valid from now until 07-07-2019. And as usual it is not an affiliate link so the only thing I get out of it is the satisfaction to help you guys out to a better deal.

Thanks for reading this far and Vape on!
Norseman

My Instagram

VU Sponsors