Become a Patron!

Norseman's Review on the Conspiracy RDA from Squirming Coils and 3cvape

Norseman Mech

Member For 4 Years
bkMus9p.jpg

I received this RDA free of charge directly from 3CVape for the purpose of this review. Regardless of this, it will not color my opinion on this review in any way, shape or form.

Ub3rT09.jpg

Packaging
This RDA came in a small plastic tube with all the different parts in small plastic bags. To make it even more interesting, it comes as a self assembly RDA, meaning…you have to assemble the RDA yourself. Designed by Squirming Coils in collaboration with 3CVape and inspired by the Coil Conspiracy build team.

JeJTebu.jpg

The RDA
As with other RDA’s , it’s a 3-piece RDA with side airflow that is kinda designed like the airflow on the Goon 1.5, and it allows for single or dual coil builds. The first impression of this RDA is that it is high quality with good machining. The one I received was in matte black and it also comes in SS - I think both look really great.

INYeeFs.jpg

It has a postless deck which is silver plated, which I can only imagine is to improve conductivity - and I must say that it looks lovely. It is a bit on the shallow side and could surely benefit from a deeper juice well.

OqsuJZC.jpg

This RDA was really clean when it arrived, but after cleaning it again (just to be sure) it was time to build it. I chose to use Alien coils from Stratos Coils (www.instagram.com/qstraq/) and I must say that this guy can make coils. These Aliens look just as fantastic as the other coils I have seen from him. More coils made by Stratos will be featuring in other reviews by me.

Building on it is really easy - all you have to do is to figure out how long the legs need to be, cut them and put them into the holes, tighten the screws and you’re done. After that you need to figure out where the coils need to be positioned in order to get the best flavor. I chose to let the coils come close to the top cap and made sure that the coils were high enough so that the air came in under them.

Ph0VByQ.jpg

I do find the airflow to be a bit restrictive, which doesn’t really suit my vaping style. I would have much preferred the airflow to be a bit more open, with the option to close off the airflow to find the level of my liking.

Another thing I noticed is that the o-rings are really on the loose side, and the top cap doesn’t sit as snugly as I would like it to. The only o-ring that performs as it should is the one that holds the drip tip. Unfortunately, manufacturers seem to push out their products all to soon, forgetting to beta test or just choosing not to beta test at all. I think having good o-rings on any RDA is a must today, as this can be a deciding factor in whether somebody chooses to purchase a product.

scL8Jt1.jpg

The flavor on this RDA is good, which actually surprised me! Because of the airflow restriction, I thought the flavor would also be restricted. I have seen some people online saying this RDA could be a Goon killer. In my opinion this is not the case… I mean it’s good, but it’s not that good.

jxBX7IP.jpg

Assessment
Overall this is a good RDA which is fairly easy to build on. This makes it a good choice for people wanting to try out the RDA scene. The fact that it also has decent flavor is definitely an added bonus.

Can I recommend it to others?
As stated above, yes I can! It provides good flavor, is easy to build and the price is fair. My only wish is that the o-rings were of better quality. The loose o-rings are a big con in my eyes.

Pros
Protruding 510 (hybrid safe)
Squonk ready
Flavor
Build deck (ease of build)

Cons
O-rings (really loose)
Juice well (slightly on the shallow side)

Parameters
Diameter: 24mm
Height: 23mm without drip tip

Package includes:
1x Conspiracy RDA
BF and non BF 510 pin
8x grub screws
1 allen key
Extra o-rings

You can get your hands on it here:
Squirming Coils for $59.99

Thanks for reading this far and Vape on!
Norseman

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
How restricted is it? I'm thinking about getting my girlfriend a wasp, she doesn't like dl, only MTL. Smaller single coil is what I'm going for but if the atty is decently restricted with dual coils that works too.

Thank you for your time in reviewing. It's very much appreciated.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Norseman Mech

Member For 4 Years
How restricted is it? I'm thinking about getting my girlfriend a wasp, she doesn't like dl, only MTL. Smaller single coil is what I'm going for but if the atty is decently restricted with dual coils that works too.

Thank you for your time in reviewing. It's very much appreciated.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk
I wouldn't say that it is MTL restricted. Compared to others that are wide open it is restricted for sure. If i would recommend something thats more restricted i would say the DPRO RDA and it can be even more restricted by closing off the airflow and the flavor is awesome. You can find my take on it here http://vapingunderground.com/threads/norsemans-review-on-the-dpro-rda-from-coilart.370601/

VU Sponsors