Become a Patron!

Norseman's Review on the Drop RDA from Digflavor

Norseman Mech

Member For 4 Years
bkMus9p.jpg

I received this RDA free of charge from efun.top for the purpose of this review. Regardless of this, it will not color my opinion on this review in any way, shape or form.

13hrb1c.jpg

Packaging
It comes in the known white and red box where the RDA sits on top together with a an extra ultem drip tip. Underneath you will find the goodie bag with extra grub screws, o-rings, a T-shaped allen key screwdriver tool and a squonk 510 pin.

750fbVS.jpg

The RDA
Today the time has come to look at another RDA made in collaboration with a manufacturer and a reviewer. The reviewer this time around is Brian from The Vapor Chronicles and it’s gonna be interesting to see how this collaboration turned out compared with the Aura from Daniel (DJLSB)… guess i will let you know at the end.

J72EBHC.jpg

It is like many other RDA’s - a 3-piece RDA with a side airflow made out of 10 small holes made in the form of a ‘T’. What makes it different from many other RDA’s is that the airflow only supports dual coil builds.

It comes in 2 color options and those are black with SS at the top and bottom, or SS with black at the top and bottom. I received the SS one and it does look good. The machining on this one is really nice, in fact I can’t find anything to complain about in that respect.

Gcf4Djo.jpg

The elevated postless deck is something I really do like, making it so easy to put a build in it. Regardless of the length of the legs on your coils, you just press the coils down the holes until they reach their optimal height. You tighten the screws, cut the legs off and you’re all good to get on with the wicking.

QHALyib.jpg

I used coils from Stratos (www.instagram.com/qstraq/) in this RDA, this time choosing to use his staggered fused claptons. As with his other coils, these perform just beautifully and I have no complaints at all. You should go visit his Instagram and check him out.

umGcKqT.jpg

Among the elevated postless decks I have tried out so far, this is the best out of them all. It’s gold plated all over and to my relief it has flathead screws, not the crappy allen key screws that is so easy to strip.

Another interesting thing is the notch at the end of the deck which makes sure the top cap always ends up in the same place every time you replace it. I’m sure some will dislike it but I kinda do like it, since it makes adjusting the airflow a bit easier because you know that the airflow will still be at your coils after the adjustment.

To my absolute joy, this RDA has really good o-rings that actually hold the top cap and the airflow sleeve in place, without them sitting to loose. Even with juice on the o-rings they do their job really well. Thanks for that Digiflavor - I wish you could send out a manual to other manufacturers on how to use good o-rings on an RDA.

VCVJsW8.jpg

I guess the conical shaped upper inner part on the airflow sleeve really does help improving the flavor on this RDA, because really good flavor is what I get! I’m surprised at how good the flavor is and to be honest, I didn’t expect it.

If anyone were to ask me, I would say that Brian and Digiflavor have come out with a really great RDA here -this one beats most of the RDA’s I have tested this year.

So…now I suppose it is time for me to reveal who I think has the best RDA - Daniel vs Brian. And the winner is… Brian with the Drop RDA in collaboration with Digiflavor. For me it is definitely the winner of the two.
Don’t get me wrong, the Aura was also a good RDA, but it had a few quirks which makes it an RDA I won’t be using in the future. The Drop however, is something I can see myself using quite a lot.

LFSZSbS.jpg

Assessment
Honestly, to my surprise the Drop is one of the best RDA’s I’ve tested this year, with really good flavor and the ability to give you dense, rich clouds. The ease of build on this deck is also a contributing factor - add really great o-rings to that and we have a winner.

Can I recommend it to others?
Yes I can without any hesitation at all - it is that good! If you are after a 24mm RDA that is easy to build on and also delivers really great flavor, this is definitely something you should get. And with a price of $23.99 at Efun it’s a no brainer at all, if anyone values my opinion.

Pros
Deck
Easy to build
Good flavor
O-rings (snug fit)
Machining
Protruding 510 pin (hybrid safe)
Squonk pin

Cons
The o-ring on the airflow sleeve might be a bit to tight

Parameters
Width: 24mm
Height: 26.5mm
Stainless Steel and Black

Package includes
1x Drop RDA
1x 510 Drip tip adapter
1x Spare parts pack
1x Bottom feed positive pin
2x 810 Drip tips
1x Allen key
1x User manual

You can get your hands on it here:
Drop RDA for $23.99 if you get logged in and have an account.

Thanks for reading this far and Vape on!
Norseman

VU Sponsors