Become a Patron!

Norseman's Review on the Furnace RDA from Ironsmith Group

Norseman Mech

Member For 4 Years
yBqDqxO.jpg

I received this Furnace RDA free of charge directly from Ironsmith Group for the purpose of this review. Regardless of this, it will not color my opinion on this review in any way, shape or form.

agvyzml.jpg

Packaging
This doesn’t actually come in any packaging but the small plastic bags you see on the pic above. I’ve got no idea if that is how they deliver all the RDA’s or if there is a better packaging for the consumers.

HhepZiH.jpg

The RDA
It is a 3-piece top airflow 22 mm RDA made for single coil use. The top cap is made out of Ultem and from the looks of it it is press fitted into the barrel. It is also through the top cap that you get your airflow.

ImquZJn.jpg

On the top of the barrel you got a ring to adjust, in order to alter the airflow to fit your vaping style. It has an o-ring to make it a little harder to turn, and to make it stay in place without changing your current setting.

68HvCrT.jpg

The deck is a two post thingy and the airflow comes through the post in an angle directly onto the coils. It has flathead screws and it would be even easier to build on if they had made slots for the coil legs in order to get them under those screws.

As it is now you are kinda forced to take one of the screws out in order to be able to get both legs into the posts easily. And when you do that, just be careful not to lose that screw since they are small buggers that disappear easily.

4f2wMe8.jpg

The deck has two juice wells of sorts, since the well is elevated in the center for some reason. Perhaps lowering the center, to level it into just one instead of two, would have been a better solution.

6qsrd7L.jpg

Apart from that I’ll say that it is easy enough to build on and the wicking is easy as well. Just put your wicks in there, cut the ends to a proper length and let those ends sit in those juice wells. You might think that you’d get issues with the two juice wells when you are dripping, giving you less liquid on one of the sides, but I haven’t had any problems at all in that area.

The drip tip size is 510 which I find real good. Proprietary drip tips are a hassle really and 510 drip tips is something everyone got at home.

Jn3eneP.jpg

Vaping on this one has been a pleasure actually. I have gotten good flavor out of it and I must say that for you MTL guys out there, that this might be to your liking, since it is possible to set the airflow so restricted that you can do MTL vaping with it.

zk7tvTG.jpg

I have managed to do a restricted DTL vaping down to what I would call a restricted MTL, and with those settings the airflow has been really smooth and nice, and I haven’t experienced it being noisy at all.

Assessment
All in all I must say that the experience with this Furnace RDA has been a pleasant one for a guy like me that normally goes for the dual coil and more open RDA’s. In the end I’m all about flavor and this RDA does deliver in that area. It might be a bit finicky for less experienced people to build, but when that is down it is well worth it.

Can I recommend it to others?
If you are in the market for a small 22 mm RDA that you are able to use in both DTL and MTL mode, this might be something for you. It is priced a bit high, but if you think that the price isn’t that bad I think you will like this one.

Pros
Machining
Good flavor
Squonk ready
O-rings
Fairly easy to build
Possible to vape in both DTL and MTL mode

Cons
Would benefit from a slot in the post to make it easier to get the coil legs in
Elevated center of the deck dividing it into two juice wells (personal con)

Parameters
Width: 22 mm
Height: 21 mm without drip tip
Black

Package includes
1 x Furnace RDA
1 x Accessories Bag

You will find it here
Furnace RDA for $49.50 at the time I wrote the review.

Thanks for reading this far and Vape on!
Norseman
My Instagram

Norseman Mech

Member For 4 Years
In the review i wrote that i didn't know whether Ironsmith Group had a packaging for customers or not and i finally got a reply on that and this is how the box for the RDA look like.

Good thing it isn't delivered in plastic bags :wink:

Cp8fDsL.jpg

VU Sponsors