1. UP FOR A NEW CHALLENGE? CLICK HERE TO CHECK IT OUT

NOT a WTB or WTS but warning

Discussion in 'Hall of Shame' started by debinnv, Oct 28, 2018.

1. debinnv

debinnv Silver Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Okay so no clue where I should put this.....................Vaping related yes, but not sure what category. So what's the deal with IMR Batteries anyway. I ordered a charger (and a 21700 battery) on the 12th of Oct and STILL I don't have it. All it says is in transit. Oh ya? I contact IMR and they say something about having to ship battery a "special" way so maybe it will take longer??? WTH. I never had this crap with RTD. I should have just gotten a charger from RTD or Lighting Vapes! My current charger went on the fritz and I am so not comfortable charging in the mod. Great so now I'm out $30 as I don't think IMR is gonna do a darn thing about it. Ya, I'm whining.......Anyway, wanted to see if anyone else had issues with this place ever.

parrotflock likes this.
  2. parrotflock

parrotflock New Member

Blog Posts:
    Batteries do take longer to ship if they are coming from overseas. It can take weeks to get them due to laws regarding their handling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. So619Cal

So619Cal Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Never had an issue with IMR... always arrived in a timely manner... except when Houston got slammed last year with the hurricane...took an extra 3 days to ship out.

4. Wtmke1

Wtmke1 Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I always use Liion wholesale in the states. Not sure where you're located but less than 5 days most times and it's in a priority box with a sticker that says contains batteries. No other difference than Shipping of a mod except a sticker

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

5. Syythe

Syythe New Member ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I have had similar issues with IMR. Took them around 10 days to process my order before shipping. Then took forever to be received by usps after IMR claimed it was shipped. I stopped using them. I make all my battery purchases through 18650batterystore.com now. They are MUCH quicker. My last 3 orders from them was same day processing and shipping. I have not had a package take more than 3 days to arrive at my door, from the time of ordering. They also have better prices too.

Heartsdelight and debinnv like this.
  6. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    This likely belongs in the Hall of Shame

7. debinnv

Blog Posts:
    They are in Texas

Heartsdelight likes this.
  8. debinnv

Blog Posts:
    Well thanks for the suggestions of the other places. In the past I have always used RTD and never had a problem like this. I'm in Nevada by the way and IMR is in Texas. This is kinds crap imo. Worst is they don't seem to care. Nothing i can really do about it now. Next month I will get that Xtar V4 I think it's called as it says 21700's are no problem. Just makes me mad to have flushed $30 grrrr

9. r055co

r055co VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Never had an issue, actually they're one of my preferred vendors. Batteries must be shipped over land and not by air per regulations, ground always takes longer than air.

karacal, Heartsdelight and debinnv like this.
  10. debinnv

Blog Posts:
    Well, it says it actually shipped the 15th so tomorrow will be 2 weeks. Should it take longer than that?

11. debinnv

Blog Posts:
    Oh and if a mod would like to move this to a more appropriate section............

12. Syythe

Syythe New Member ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    One of my orders from IMR took almost a month (i actually ordered from fastetch the same day, and my fasttech order arrived first). But even though they are as slow as molasses in the winter, I have always gotten what I have ordered... eventually.

13. debinnv

Blog Posts:
    Well, I suppose there is still hope then but I'm inclined to try and contact my back before the 30 day. I don't know yet. I plan on sending them an email again tomorrow and see what they say, if anything. Last time they didn't seem concerned much. Just said wait basically. Psh

14. PuffOn

PuffOn Bronze Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    If it had to cross in the hurricane michael zone, that may have slowed it down.

15. jwill

jwill The Great King of Nothing VU Donator Gold Contributor VU Challenge Team Reddit Exile

Blog Posts:
    They are slow. I still buy from them because they do have good prices and I support Texas business where I can. Texas to Texas is on average 7 days for them to me. Consistently.

16. debinnv

Blog Posts:
    Alright, well thank you for all the info. Sounds like they are just extremely slow and maybe my items will still show up. I honestly can't say I will use them again but I have a ton of respect for you @jwill for doing so in spite of, in order to support your home state. Go Texas! :)

Heartsdelight likes this.
  17. r055co

r055co VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    Once shipped by the Vendor and the carrier has control the speed is completely out of the vendors control.

f1r3b1rd likes this.
  18. f1r3b1rd

f1r3b1rd Rolling Thunder Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    I’ve used them in be past; but, because of a sale.

I used use rtd, when I first started vaping. I’ve since switched to liion wholesale. Liion just tends to always have the batteries I want; whereas, rtd was sort of hit and miss a while back.

19. Teresa P

Teresa P Professional DIY Enabler Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    You got a ship notice that they had sent it out? Are you sure it isn't USPS that dropped the hall?

20. f1r3b1rd

f1r3b1rd Rolling Thunder Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team

Blog Posts:
    Also- keep this in Mind:

It’s not the vendors fault for usps or ups... additionally the mail systems have been extra vigilant this week dealing with packages that go boom.

21. SteveS45

SteveS45 Diamond Contributor Member For 2 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I recently placed an order with another vendor who shipped same day~! USPS started tracking 2 days later and for the next 3 days all it said was in transit to next destination until Friday when it was supposed to be delivered, it now said the next day! So at around 5PM my package arrived. USPS tracking is screwed up lately as happens on occasion. You did not mention how it was coming but just posting my last experience this week. Good Luck

22. debinnv

Blog Posts:
    They said they sent it ground...........After reading responses, I at least feel better. It will probably show up at some point. Sorry for my ranting. But you all pretty much put my mind at ease. :)

Heartsdelight and r055co like this.
  23. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    With my last experience with USPS I was like WTF is going on until it hit my area. USPS must be tweaking the system because past experiences have shown me when they fix shit, it fucks things up royally. JMHO

24. Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    I would call them. I’ve dealt with them in the past but only by phone.

debinnv, Huckleberried and PuffOn like this.
  25. debinnv

Blog Posts:
    So I did finally get the charger and it was defective. One port does not work at all and the others flashed sort of weird a few times so I ain't using the thing. I tell them and their response is, oh okay send it back to us ( on my dime no less) and IF we determine it is defective we will send you another. Ya, nope, not that's not how this works and never mind. I won't ever do business with IMR batteries again. I threw it in the trash. Cut my losses and run. Ordered a charger from liion wholesale, had it in 3 days and it works great! They get my money from now on.

They also delete any negative comments on their Facebook page. I'm not the only one they did this too. All you have to do is look at how many comments were posted vs how many comments you actually see. I know of another that was having problems around the same time I was and his post wen't poof like a fart in the wind just as mine did.......lol what a sleezy company

Outstanding, they can't delete comments on YELP which is probably why they have a 1 and a half star rating

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018 at 1:15 AM
    Wtmke1, Teresa P and inspects like this.
  26. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    Sorry to hear this horror story but I think you should have kept the charger as evidence instead of tossing it in the trash.

27. debinnv

Blog Posts:
    Why? I don't even want to bother with them.

28. SteveS45

Blog Posts:
    Because with the Internet and Social Media one picture is worth a thousand words. I am surprised though because many people seem to shill for IMR.

r055co likes this.
  29. debinnv

Blog Posts:
    Oh I took a picture but I may have also deleted it. I will look

30. obijuan77

obijuan77 Bronze Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Good choice! My go to battery vendor. Very quick, great prices, legit batteries at a great price & you get free battery cases with your order.

31. debinnv

Blog Posts:
    This is the charger I got from IMR charger.png