Become a Patron!

Not getting a buzz...

JimmyD

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not sure if this is the right forum so excuse me in advance. I have an Ego Smok RBC vaporizer that I just purchased. The person at the store said that their oil (i guess that's what u call it) comes in 12mg 16mg and 18mg of nicotine with 12 being equivelent to a cigarette.

So I got 16 and I'm smoking this thing and I don't feel anything except my throat being sore and a pleasant smell.

Then by comparison I smoke a Newport and get a nice tangible buzz.

Do vaporizers not provide the buzz that cigarrettes do? Or is it my particular vaporizor or the oil I'm using.

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How recently have you quit smoking? That slight sore throat happens when you begin vaping should go away or if it persists then you may have an allergy to pg or vg. Anyway when i started i was a pack a day newports smoker and yeah it was tough but I also started with 24 mg nic juice and cut down to 18 where I am currently at. At 24 mg it gave me the nic to curb my nicotine wants. I think 12mg is low for someone who just quit or recently did. Also the buzz you get from cigarettes is not just from nicotine but also those other chemicals used in the production. vaping is a different mechanism to give you your nicotine so its going to feel different from smoking a cig. I suggest you go up to 18 and see if it gets better to curb your nic fit.

Zanaspus

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you just quit smoking, 16 is kinda low imo. Get some 24 mg ejuice. That was the only thing that could keep me satisfied when I first started. I wish I could still get a nicotine buzz.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Could be their greasy shit is pg with little to no vg.
Also could be the ego, if this one of those mall cart places the smok atty is a ok 2 buck knock off of a kanger product, the juice is pg only to cut corners at a stupid price.

With that being said welcome to the VU and we will get ya buzzing and fogging shit in no time.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I would have gone with 24mg to get started with.

Nic enters the system mostly via your mouth tissues with vaping and at a slower rate than nic does via smoking

When I started, I had been smoking those cheap ass little cigars (the ones that look like cigarettes) and I had been tearing the filter off of them so I started at 36mg of nic which worked well for me. But I would still recommend 24mg for you.

And start drinking lots of water. Vaping dries out your mouth tissues which can result in a sore throat and a condition known as"Vapers Tongue" where you can't taste ANYTHING.

And get some decent E-Liquid. I would suggest a 50/50 mix. I really like these people

http://bulkejuice.com/index.php?main_page=index

Purchase a lot of sample sized flavors to try. And I am willing to bet they are a lot less than the prices you paid at your local B&M for whatever the heck they are selling as E-Liquid.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
When I started out, 18 wasn't enough, 24mg was too much. Had I known then that some online places would customize the nic level, I would've been sooo happy. I could have tried out 20 or 22. There were only 1 or 2 shops around here at that time. Shops are now all over the place. Online vendors have tripled!

Good luck with finding the one that works best for you to stay off cigarettes. It took me 3 or 4 weeks to totally give them up. You'll find some super friendly, really helpful people here. Welcome to VU.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Are you positive he said it was 16 and no 6?

JimmyD

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you guys for the feedback. I have smoked for only about a month and a half after a physician recommended nicotine for particular health reasons. However, I smoked pretty heavily during that period.

Re: PRsurf - Yeah I figured other chemicals might be involved. That would be a shame because I enjoy the sensation and would probably go back to Newports occasionally to get it in addition to vaping. The problem isn't just that the vape does nothing re: buzz it also does not have the health effects that the cigs do, which was my only reason for purchasing it to begin with because I didn't want the health problems associated with cigs/cigars

Re: Zana, what is a good online retailer? The store I go to seemed to only sell one vaporizer which is the one I got.
RBC_Kit_68822.1393257591.1280.1280__98472.1401215655.1280.1280.jpg

Sorry for the large picture. The guy there said they make their own juice on site and only in 12, 14, and 16mg I believe. I can't recall at the moment it could have been 12, 16, 18. But I got the middle number whether it's 16 or 18. And, it doesn't feel like it's doing anything for me, I'm just smoking to smoke, which is not the goal for me.

Re: Big Nasty: I didn't really understand the post I have brain fog at the moment but thx for replying and I hope I do get set up!

Re: Uncle RJ, yeah I just went with what they had to offer there in the store. I am probably doing the process backward by purchasing and then trying to educate myself vs. the other way around, but I read the board before going to the store and was completely lost so I just counted on the sales professional. Their little jars of liquid he said are about equal to a carton of cigarettes. I don't see how that is possible as my liquid seems to be low already. Does the site you posted sell juice or whatever for the model I posted the pic of? The place I went to sells the juice for somewhere like 12-15$ a jar. Also, can you change jars without finishing it or do you have to finish it before you can change the jar? I think I am going to go back to the place and figure out some more about how my vape works and maybe ask to replace the medium juice I got for the max juice.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Someone help this guy out before the b@m takes all his money selling him outdated stuff at jacked up prices.

JimmyD

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
More than cardiac and psych mine is neither you'd be surprised I've known people to have coke administered in certain med procedures

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
More than cardiac and psych mine is neither you'd be surprised I've known people to have coke administered in certain med procedures
Let me guess. Your physician recommended nicotine to treat your cigarette addiction.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
see if you can sample some local juices, and ask for 18mg and 24mg..
see if that will help you.. but as far as a "buzz" the nic buzz from an ecig is different than a regular cig..
this is why you are missing that buzz feeling..

happens to some people, but not all..
the question is, when you vape, do you feel you are getting enough nic, or are you still craving??

JimmyD

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I went back to the same place and talked to the guy and he upped it
Let me guess. Your physician recommended nicotine to treat your cigarette addiction.

No was never a smoker until I read about it and asked the doctor and they confirmed. It's actually hardly the least dangerous medication I take unfortunately (you ever watch those rx commercials with the 3 minute voiceover at the end about could cause heart attack, stroke, lukemia etc)

JimmyD

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
see if you can sample some local juices, and ask for 18mg and 24mg..
see if that will help you.. but as far as a "buzz" the nic buzz from an ecig is different than a regular cig..
this is why you are missing that buzz feeling..

happens to some people, but not all..
the question is, when you vape, do you feel you are getting enough nic, or are you still craving??

I don't really know what the nic craving feels like I just know it wasn't abating symptoms of my disease. But I went back by the store the guy was very helpful and upped the mg for free since I just bought it. It's working nicely now but I appreciate all the links and info I will be sure to check them out so thx all.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Typically if a doctor is going to prescribe something, they prescribe something, they don't send you out on a wild goose hunt looking for a delivery system and leaving you searching the forums for the advice you need. I'm just a bit skeptical about your story, especially given the fact that you're admittedly searching for a "buzz". But, hey, that's just me. If others want to go along with the ridiculous premise that your doctor prescribed nicotine for some major ailment you have but didn't give you a prescription for a patch or some gum or an inhaler or whatever, that's everyone's choice.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Hey dude!

First of all I am here to help you and I am most certainly not here to talk down to you my brand new vaping brother!

While in prehistoric times I would have drooled over what the B&M foisted off on you, Seems like they saw you comming.

Both from the picture you posted and what you said.

The clerk there does not seem to be educated beyond the fact to say whatever it takes to make the sale.

Don't feel bad as a lot of us (myself included) get taken when we first start!

In order for us to help you,

What is your budget for a first class kit that will get you off of the Stinkies once and for all.

Said budget is just for the hardware.

And we can sure as shootin find very reasonably priced E-Liquids as well.

Much less than "Bob's Discount Vaping Supplies and Underwear".

JimmyD

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Typically if a doctor is going to prescribe something, they prescribe something, they don't send you out on a wild goose hunt looking for a delivery system and leaving you searching the forums for the advice you need. I'm just a bit skeptical about your story, especially given the fact that you're admittedly searching for a "buzz". But, hey, that's just me. If others want to go along with the ridiculous premise that your doctor prescribed nicotine for some major ailment you have but didn't give you a prescription for a patch or some gum or an inhaler or whatever, that's everyone's choice.
sorry you feel that way it wasn't my plan to find a vaporizer forum, concoct an illness story, and then troll said forum. It wasn't a written script it was a recommendation and from what I've read patch release tends to be too slow for most patients. Not getting the buzz was indicative to me that I was not getting the same dosage. As in when I take an effective dose of X I get Y side effect but I am taking a different form of X and not getting Y side effect so I feel I am perhaps not getting the same dose. And if you have serious medical problems (or even if you don't) what's wrong with getting a buzz from prescribed medication at a safe/recommended amount? I'd be hard pressed to begrudge an ill person a mere nicotine buzz. And I don't think there's anything wrong with those who smoke recreationally for their own reasons. It's hardly a taboo vice. Believe what you will sir but I came here sincerely and thank you for your time. I'm not going to get into forum shenanigans.

JimmyD

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey dude!

First of all I am here to help you and I am most certainly not here to talk down to you my brand new vaping brother!

While in prehistoric times I would have drooled over what the B&M foisted off on you, Seems like they saw you comming.

Both from the picture you posted and what you said.

The clerk there does not seem to be educated beyond the fact to say whatever it takes to make the sale.

Don't feel bad as a lot of us (myself included) get taken when we first start!

In order for us to help you,

What is your budget for a first class kit that will get you off of the Stinkies once and for all.

Said budget is just for the hardware.

And we can sure as shootin find very reasonably priced E-Liquids as well.

Much less than "Bob's Discount Vaping Supplies and Underwear".

Thanks for coming to the rescue unc. I think my bob's discount setup is doing me justice for now as a noob. But I appreciate all the genuine help. I will PM you in the future if I have a question... good grief

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Thanks for coming to the rescue unc. I think my bob's discount setup is doing me justice for now as a noob. But I appreciate all the genuine help. I will PM you in the future if I have a question... good grief

PM me at any time.

I totally remember what it is like to be a Noob as well as all the help I was given way back when!

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
sorry you feel that way it wasn't my plan to find a vaporizer forum, concoct an illness story, and then troll said forum. It wasn't a written script it was a recommendation and from what I've read patch release tends to be too slow for most patients. Not getting the buzz was indicative to me that I was not getting the same dosage. As in when I take an effective dose of X I get Y side effect but I am taking a different form of X and not getting Y side effect so I feel I am perhaps not getting the same dose. And if you have serious medical problems (or even if you don't) what's wrong with getting a buzz from prescribed medication at a safe/recommended amount? I'd be hard pressed to begrudge an ill person a mere nicotine buzz. And I don't think there's anything wrong with those who smoke recreationally for their own reasons. It's hardly a taboo vice. Believe what you will sir but I came here sincerely and thank you for your time. I'm not going to get into forum shenanigans.
Don't sweat it man. Your search for your perfect vape doesn't depend on whether or not I believe you, which I don't. If others believe you, that's their business and they may be right and I may be wrong, but I usually just trust my gut and my gut says your doctor didn't send you on a wild goose chase looking for nicotine. Carry on.

JimmyD

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Don't sweat it man. Your search for your perfect vape doesn't depend on whether or not I believe you, which I don't. If others believe, you that's their business and they may be right and I may be wrong, but I usually just trust my gut and my gut says your doctor didn't send you on a wild goose chase looking for nicotine. Carry on.

Wild goose chase being .1 mile to the gas station or 2.5 miles to the vape shop? Carry on I shall

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wild goose chase being .1 mile to the gas station or 2.5 miles to the vape shop? Carry on I shall
Neither of which seems to be working for you so far. That's the wild goose chase part. Nobody here is a doctor. If you're here looking for medical advice on what the best delivery system for nicotine is to treat your unspecified medical condition, you should consult your doctor, not some bozos at a vape shop.

If you just want to learn all about vaping, this is the best place to be.

JimmyD

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Neither of which seems to be working for you so far. That's the wild goose chase part. Nobody here is a doctor. If you're here looking for medical advice on what the best delivery system for nicotine is to treat your unspecified medical condition, you should consult your doctor, not some bozos at a vape shop.

If you just want to learn all about vaping, this is the best place to be.
Vape shop is more knowledgeable with regard to tobacco than doctors at the moment. The mayor knows the city needs more police. The police commissioner is more knowledegable on how the police should be dispersed. The landlord knows the apartment needs pest control, the exterminator has more experience killing pests. The weatherman knows the roads need to be iced, the salt truck driver knows how to best salt the roads etc. etc. etc.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Vape shop is more knowledgeable with regard to tobacco than doctors at the moment. The mayor knows the city needs more police. The police commissioner is more knowledegable on how the police should be dispersed. The landlord knows the apartment needs pest control, the exterminator has more experience killing pests. The weatherman knows the roads need to be iced, the salt truck driver knows how to best salt the roads etc. etc. etc.
Whatever dude. You don't need me to believe you to carry on here. If you're asking about a way to treat your medical condition, I obviously have no answer to give you. If you just want to find something that works better than that crap the guy at the b@m sold you, I'd say start off with a good vv/vw mod and perhaps something like a Nautilus and if you REALLY want what you describe as a nic "buzz" start researching dripping at sub-ohm.

JimmyD

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
thx
Whatever dude. You don't need me to believe you to carry on here. If you're asking about a way to treat your medical condition, I obviously have no answer to give you. If you just want to find something that works better than that crap the guy at the b@m sold you, I'd say start off with a good vv/vw mod and perhaps something like a Nautilus and if you REALLY want what you describe as a nic "buzz" start researching dripping at sub-ohm.

VU Sponsors