Become a Patron!

Not liking all the new "." replacements for Hic's comments on old threads

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was talking to Hic one day several months ago and giving him the old Waynes World "We're not worthy" treatment due to some fantastic advice he freely gave me and he reminded me that we "bumped shoulders" way back at ECF when I was "all about TFA" and he asked ME about a juice that I was vaping, and told me he made it, loved it and vaped that one for quite a while. I was like , "Huh?" Me? Well Hic was new at DIY then as was I. I had my handfull of recipies I enjoyed and got away from the forums for quite a while.

Fast forward a year or so and I found Hic, Wllmc, Rocket Puppy, Huck, Amanda, Cramps ( Jason) and a few others had moved over here during VU's start up. I was amazed at the depths of flavoring profiles they were discussing and the expertise that they had aquired, knowing full well from my own mixing the hours and hours of work that was being put into making some of the finest recipies I had ever vaped. Needless to say, thanks to Hics despcriptions and input from Wllmc and the other Kids, I got clued in to the best flavorings to purchase and had access to tried and true recipies from these folks.

I say all of this to say that most of the knowledge of how I mix today has come from Hic and Wllmc, with the helpfull hints of the others I have mentioned and others I cant remember of the top of my head right now.

I for one am glad to see Hics priceless notes and recipies all condensed, updated and referenced in one easy to find site. Again, hours and hours of work from Hic and then then Wllmc putting this stuff together on his site.

These people are some of the most caring and giving people Ive ever run across in my life.

Again, I will say...."We're not worthy, we're not worthy" :)

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
.. we "bumped shoulders" way back at ECF when I was "all about TFA" and he asked ME about a juice that I was vaping, and told me he made it, loved it and vaped that one for quite a while. I was like , "Huh?" Me? Well Hic was new at DIY then as was I. ...

I know which recipe of yours you mean, TBall. That remains true gold-standard deliciousness, no kidding. You have a real knack for candy flavors. Yum! And thank you...for everything.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I was talking to Hic one day several months ago and giving him the old Waynes World "We're not worthy" treatment due to some fantastic advice he freely gave me and he reminded me that we "bumped shoulders" way back at ECF when I was "all about TFA" and he asked ME about a juice that I was vaping, and told me he made it, loved it and vaped that one for quite a while. I was like , "Huh?" Me? Well Hic was new at DIY then as was I. I had my handfull of recipies I enjoyed and got away from the forums for quite a while.

Fast forward a year or so and I found Hic, Wllmc, Rocket Puppy, Huck, Amanda, Cramps ( Jason) and a few others had moved over here during VU's start up. I was amazed at the depths of flavoring profiles they were discussing and the expertise that they had aquired, knowing full well from my own mixing the hours and hours of work that was being put into making some of the finest recipies I had ever vaped. Needless to say, thanks to Hics despcriptions and input from Wllmc and the other Kids, I got clued in to the best flavorings to purchase and had access to tried and true recipies from these folks.

I say all of this to say that most of the knowledge of how I mix today has come from Hic and Wllmc, with the helpfull hints of the others I have mentioned and others I cant remember of the top of my head right now.

I for one am glad to see Hics priceless notes and recipies all condensed, updated and referenced in one easy to find site. Again, hours and hours of work from Hic and then then Wllmc putting this stuff together on his site.

These people are some of the most caring and giving people Ive ever run across in my life.

Again, I will say...."We're not worthy, we're not worthy" :)
thanks dude :) #vapelife

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
1304589114_1.jpg

Ian Mackaye (DIY music - Promote your own band, promote other bands..... Sod it, set up a label and help as many bands as you can),
Linus Torvalds (for my belief in open source (computer operating systems)),
HIC, RocketPuppy, wllmc (and many many more on here for helping me find the confidence to DIY).
Inspired by, and learned from them all. It's their choice to write and print what they see fit, and in hindsight remove what may not, in their honest judgement, be the best for the masses.
Self-Censorship - my two-penneth.

Now, I'm torn between another tank of RocketPuppy's RY4 or a trip to HIC's Italian Lemon-Cream Soda.......... The choice (thanks to the above, and many more) is all mine.

Sorry for waffling on, and hello all!

rchmx

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It was nice being able to read those back and forth discussions in HIC's "notes on" threads. Bummed to not be able to reference those, but more than that, while it's great to have all of his insights grouped on one page on the mamaj's site, they're missing the super helpful percentage recommendations that each of the VU threads started off with. The descriptions are still very helpful, and HIC's contributions are of unparalleled value, but I wish (selfishly I guess) that the decision had been made to include that information on the mamaj site.

With that being said, I reference that page every time I pull out my FA flavors to make some mixes, and am very grateful to have that info as a reference point.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
It was nice being able to read those back and forth discussions in HIC's "notes on" threads. Bummed to not be able to reference those, but more than that, while it's great to have all of his insights grouped on one page on the mamaj's site, they're missing the super helpful percentage recommendations that each of the VU threads started off with. The descriptions are still very helpful, and HIC's contributions are of unparalleled value, but I wish (selfishly I guess) that the decision had been made to include that information on the mamaj site.

With that being said, I reference that page every time I pull out my FA flavors to make some mixes, and am very grateful to have that info as a reference point.

The first paragraph of my notes there says: Regarding percentages: For most of the FlavourArt flavors I describe here, 3% is a reasonable starting point for standalone use. Exceptions are noted right after the flavor name.
Surprisingly there just aren't that many exceptions to the 3% starting point! That's part of what makes FA so easy to use.

buffaloguy

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I thought I would chime in on this topic. I'm not on the forums enough lately due to life getting in the way. HIC, wllmc, and other veteran mixers from ECF have always been happy to help guide and advise people on mixing.

I've been vaping and mixing for nearly 4 years now. Ive shared my experience, recipes, and crazy ideas over the years and all of us longer term mixers have learned from each other as well as on our own.

What most people dont realize is that when we share a recipe there could have been hours, days, or weeks of work put into it. Some of my early trials involved recipes that took more than 6 months to develop. We take pride in those difficult recipes and to see them ripped off for profit, without any compensation to the creator, is flat out immoral and wrong. Its theft. Plain and simple. And many, many, MANY of these commercial "high end" or "permium" ejuice lines in fancy bottles are selling stolen recipes. They dont even bother to give credit, much less royalties as they should.

We create and share for the use of home mixers. Generally 99% of the time thats what it is. Commercial use is a different beast.

Now that being said, I cant blame them for creating a central site to steer people to even if the recipes might need to be purchased. Developing a good recipe (especially bakery and tobacco vapes) is incredibly hard. They just decided to be compensated for their work. Good on em, and I hope its successful. I know they are good people and have come a long way.... The hard way.

As for most of my work its still on ECF, somewhere. Ive had zero time to bring them over here. Eventually I will find time.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I thought I would chime in on this topic. I'm not on the forums enough lately due to life getting in the way. HIC, wllmc, and other veteran mixers from ECF have always been happy to help guide and advise people on mixing.

I've been vaping and mixing for nearly 4 years now. Ive shared my experience, recipes, and crazy ideas over the years and all of us longer term mixers have learned from each other as well as on our own.

What most people dont realize is that when we share a recipe there could have been hours, days, or weeks of work put into it. Some of my early trials involved recipes that took more than 6 months to develop. We take pride in those difficult recipes and to see them ripped off for profit, without any compensation to the creator, is flat out immoral and wrong. Its theft. Plain and simple. And many, many, MANY of these commercial "high end" or "permium" ejuice lines in fancy bottles are selling stolen recipes. They dont even bother to give credit, much less royalties as they should.

We create and share for the use of home mixers. Generally 99% of the time thats what it is. Commercial use is a different beast.

Now that being said, I cant blame them for creating a central site to steer people to even if the recipes might need to be purchased. Developing a good recipe (especially bakery and tobacco vapes) is incredibly hard. They just decided to be compensated for their work. Good on em, and I hope its successful. I know they are good people and have come a long way.... The hard way.

As for most of my work its still on ECF, somewhere. Ive had zero time to bring them over here. Eventually I will find time.

:) thanks

you were one of the guys I always looked up to over there. always a pioneer and didnt just follow the flock, where I got my "try it yourself" attitude.
some of the best advice I got from ECF. If you want to know what will happen if you mix this and that its always great to ask questions but even better to just try it ! you just might find out a crock pot is better than and ultra sonic cleaner ;)

only you know what taste best to you :)

VU Sponsors