Become a Patron!

Not sure if anyone can answer but ill try

Your-Daddy-Vapes-Too

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ok so i got a smok stick v8 3000mah and i got the melo 300 on it with coils that come with it. now i really like how it hits on there, so what i want to know is what watts would that be hitting at im trying to find it on my istick qc200, but i just can't find that same taste, whatever the smok stick is hitting at is just perfect but i want my other tank on it

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
What are the ohms of the coils?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
0.17 100w to 300w Eleaf ES Sextuple kanthal coils

This is just what I would do, you're welcomed to try something different but not sure you'll be able to do much better. Your 'smok stick v8 3000mah' is fluctuating between 100 to 300 Watts, I would add the two numbers, divide by two and come up with a rough estimate of 200 Watts. I would then go from there in say 5 Watt increments plus or minus until you found an exact, or as close to as you can find. Hope this is helpful.

Yes, I know a formula regarding Ω's law exists for doing this as well. At the moment I'm feeling mentally lazy and not feeling urged to apply that formula, apologies, I'm calling a timeout on being fully smart. Need my brain to figure something else out a bit. :) How does one decode the genetics of a water slug? ;) :) Why? Just to know, in case I would ever need to know.

Just a note, I'm using dual coils made from 28 awg Nichrome 80 A. I have twisted them and then folded them back over on themselves and twisted them again. I am hitting at 0.17Ωs on a fully mechanical CopperVape mod. They are doing nicely on an LG HB6 (I think) 18650 battery. Granted I have drop off a little more frequently than with other coil builds, yet no 'Danger Will Robertson' issues.

Last edited:

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
0.17 100w to 300w Eleaf ES Sextuple kanthal coils

If you are vaping at 0.17 ohms on the smok stick v8 3000mah then since it is direct output (like a mech mod) you would figure it's putting out 4 volts after voltage drop.

But then I looked into it here and read this:

https://www.elementvape.com/smok-stick-v8-kit-pen-style-cloud-beast

Details
SMOK Stick V8 Kit is an all-purpose platform caters towards cloud-chasing performance, combining a long-lasting 3000mAh Stick V8 Battery with the highly appraised TFV8 Big Baby Tank. The Stick V8 Battery is powerful and durable, extending the battery range of plug-and-play segment with a built-in 3000mAh battery. Operationally, it leverages a direct output voltage system to produce higher levels of output, capable of firing up to 20 Amps of continuous discharge.

Then you figure out how many watts that would be using ohms law (0.17 ohms at 20 amps)

http://www.onlineconversion.com/ohms_law.htm

The SMOK Stick V8 Kit is running at 3.4 volts and is putting out 68 watts

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
If for some odd reason the Smok mod is running above the 20 amps and is running 4 volts then it is running at 94 watts.
Try 68 watts first and if it seems weaker then before then try 94 watts.

VU Sponsors