Become a Patron!

Not sure if this is a safe temporary set up

My safety ring on the bottom part of my Stingray mod was recently cross threaded (I think thats the term)
Anyways, I was going to use the bottom part of my Origin mod and attach it to the top part of my Stingray.
They fit just fine. But before I start using it to vape, I just want to know if this is safe or dangerous.
Thanks!

Attachments

• 10979471_843674815692978_2059520641_n.jpg
    10979471_843674815692978_2059520641_n.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 27

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Why not just use the origin mod until you can find replacements for your stingray?

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well I guess I should I have figured that..sorry if I sounded like an ass.

But any way.
Does the origin vent from the button like the stingray does? Or does it have vent holes on the body of the mod it self.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've never had an origin before but I've had a couple of stingrays and I know those vent from the button so if the body of the origin doesn't have any holes my guess is that it vents from the button as well and I'm case anything does wrong and your battery goes thermal it should vent okay.. but it's probably still a gamble to use it in its current state my friend. Be careful if you decide to proceed

Well if its even a gamble at all then that's all I need to know. I would rather play it safe then and just wait for a replacement, rather than potentially harming myself. Thank you very much for the quick response, I really appreciate it.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It'll work..

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
It'll work..

agreed...as long as the threads match and secure tightly it should conduct and work without a problem...if anything the button would get warm I would think, not know for sure, but think you'd get a warm switch to warm you of any issues long before a battery would vent...and depending on how low your build is the switch might have gotten warm anyways with the mod as whole before you mix'd and matched. :)

VU Sponsors