Become a Patron!

Not sure what i am doing wrong new to rda

Hi all, am looking for some advice. I am trying to get into RDA building and I am having a little issue. I have purchased a drop RDA which I like the idea of and I believe it is ok to build for a new person. I have purchased some pre-made 0.3-ohm coils, so was thinking dual coil 0.15 resistance would be nice. This is where I get a bit lost, I am placing my coils in the RDA, then cutting the leg where I think the right place is, but when I cut and check resistance it is below 1 ohm or just on 1 ohm. All I can put it down too is the length I leave of the coil leg, But am sure I am cutting them in the right place. Any advice is great. Thank you

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Please post a few pics of the current build

Edit to add:: also watch that vid poppvic linked to.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Depending on what the coils are like, it can happen that you need to remove the hot spots (by repeatedly dry firing, and, each time after you dry fire, using ceramic tip tweezers to strum/pinch on the coils as well as using a coiling tool or screwdriver to wiggle inside the coils) before the resistance will be like advertised─or close to it. To be able to do this if the resistance is initially below .1 ohm, you'll want to use a device that is capable to fire coil builds that low in resistance, or else you could decide to remove the hot spots by mounting and manipulating each coil one coil at a time.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors