Become a Patron!

Not sure what is wrong

I got the tomb atty for my mvp 3.0 pro a couple of weeks ago and the puta coil in it for me but for some reason i keep getting a check your atomizer on my box mod. I also get a harsh burning cotton taste after i saturated the wick and have juice in the well on my first hit. Any suggestions?

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Check Atomizer, can have many causes, e.g. center pin not making contact, shortage in the coil(s), etc. Ideally, you check the build with an Ohm meter. Otherwise, take it back and let whoever made the build check it for you, if you don't know how.
Burnt flavor, although the wick is wet, could be caused by left over machine oil, that's been used during production.

wildchilli

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hot spot on coil ....one with little experience like me would think
a lot of trial and error
I used up 15 feet of 28 gauge in a matter of a week
but i learned from it and found
hot spots are a annoying but avoidable with a little practice
id suggest removing the wick and pulse the coil ( hit fire button 1-2 seconds ) till it starts glowing

if I'm right you you will have a hot leg on the coil on negative side
if you do try changing position of the coil leg / coil to get rid of the hot spot

could also be wicking material not making contact with coil in all the right spots
or simply a wick thats too thick ( a squeezed wick taste burned too ) as it wont allow fluids to flow properly

VU Sponsors