Not sure what's wrong

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have a nemesis clone mech mod and a Steam Crave clone rda. Coil is 1.4 ohms. Within less than a day, coil turns black and spits juice. Anyone else have this problem or know the solution?

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I got it figured out. I had way too much cotton! I was also drowning my wick. I rewicked with less cotton and I started using much less juice, only two drops at a time now and no more spitting except a little bit when the wick starts to go dry. Much better!

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks. I finally found a trouble free method. I was reading about how cotton can be somewhat inefficient when it comes to wicking. Even with less cotton, I was still getting some popping. So I have some rayon I was using to rewick disposable coils in my pen, and decided to give that a try. It seemed to work a lot better, but still dried out pretty fast and I would get a little bit of popping. So I read up a little more, and saw where some people were filling their drip wells. I previously had thought this might not be a good thing to do, but after reading about it decided to give it a try. It works perfectly. As long as there is juice to soak up, the wick works perfectly. No more popping. No dry hits. The only drawback is not being able to switch flavors as easily, but that doesn't bother me as much as the popping did.

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I love al little crack and pop it adds to the overall flavor.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love al little crack and pop it adds to the overall flavor.
Well, to each their own. I personally hate a mouthful of juice, but whatever floats yer boat lmao.

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So I'm basically doing what I did before, but I went back to using cotton. I was using rayon to test a couple different coil builds and I just about ran out, found a coil build that works for me so I switched back to the cotton. But I'm wicking just a little differently. I only leave a tail on one end, and tuck it down under the coil. I them fill my drip well and the tail soaks up the juice, when the well goes empty and the wick dries out I switch flavors. Doing this to avoid getting vapers tongue lol. So far it's working good. 1 ohm coil is just about perfect, great flavor, decent vapor production, better nic hit than before, and I can chief on it pretty good.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So I'm basically doing what I did before, but I went back to using cotton. I was using rayon to test a couple different coil builds and I just about ran out, found a coil build that works for me so I switched back to the cotton. But I'm wicking just a little differently. I only leave a tail on one end, and tuck it down under the coil. I them fill my drip well and the tail soaks up the juice, when the well goes empty and the wick dries out I switch flavors. Doing this to avoid getting vapers tongue lol. So far it's working good. 1 ohm coil is just about perfect, great flavor, decent vapor production, better nic hit than before, and I can chief on it pretty good.
Dude 1.4ohms on a 4.2 volts assuming ur full charge???
It will burn ur cotton no matter how u wick it!! Time to go regulated!!

VAPE ON

Bean8379

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The only time I've had problems with my wick burning is when it goes dry, and my wick burning wasn't even the problem I had in the first place. Plenty of people sub-ohm unregulated without problems. The problem I had was the wick was drowning and the vapor was popping as a result. Nothing to do with my wick burning. You sound like someone who has never vaped unregulated and probably doesn't know much about building. 1.4 ohms at 4.2v is only 12 watts, 3 amps. 1.2 ohms is 15w, 3.5 amps. 1ohm is 18w, 4.2 amps. You are aware that people are sub-ohming with 150w regulated mods? I'm sure they aren't burning their wicks.

VU Sponsors