Become a Patron!

Not working

My KangerTech subvod mega came in the mail yesterday and it was leaking really badly, so I switched coils that the box came with, and now it will only work in Firing mode(when the button is red) and I do not know how to fix it, whenever I put more juice in the tank the green button doesnt work. Sorry if this made no sense, but I could use a little help

Make sure all the threads are tightened down finger tight (don't wrench them down as they could get stuck threaded). Perhaps go to a shop and ask to see the same tank and try to find out if any o rings are missing or ask the employee to check himself/herself. As far as the coil goes, it sounds like you just put in the kanthal coil instead of the nickel coil. Nickel can be used in temp control or power while kanthal can only be used in power mode. I believe the nickel coils should have a blue o ring on the bottom to help you differentiate the two. Just ask your store for a 5 pack of nickel .15 kangertech OCCs and they should know what you're talking about. Let me know if this helps!

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't own this mod. However reading about it, tells me the pre installed coil head is a Ni coil, that can be operated in TC mode only. The second coil is a SSOCC coil. Although, it is possible to use a SS coil in TC mode, the mod needs to be able to support that feature. Therefore, I believe, you can use the second coil on your mod, in power mode only. In order to make use of the TC mode, you'll have to get more of the Ni replacement coils.

VU Sponsors