Become a Patron!

NotBlowingSmoke.org

Marcus Agrippa

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I love that why they hate us video. Saw it on YouTube yesterday. I hope it goes viral. Maybe someone with deep pockets could get it on TV.

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I will say my broken record comment. "IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY PERIOD." Like the one video said they don't really cate about our health. It's just one big scam.

Cephalon Vapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Does anyone know what kind of organization funds this campaign? Do they have a political agenda they are trying to promote or is it an organization that's too paranoid about the implications of vaping? If it's the latter, why not use those resources in funding studies as opposed to propaganda?

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does anyone know what kind of organization funds this campaign? Do they have a political agenda they are trying to promote or is it an organization that's too paranoid about the implications of vaping? If it's the latter, why not use those resources in funding studies as opposed to propaganda?

The Joseph Goebbels of California's StillBlowingSmoke is funded by the Tobacco MSA (master settlement agreement) of 1999 and your (ca) tax dollars. In a nutshell, States like CA that participated to receive a yearly payoff of a percentage of tobacco products sold. Not totally sure, but I think CA's is in the 70some million a year range, and that doesn't include the massive tax per pack they have. Cigs have gotten so expensive, that many simply can't afford it anymore, don't want to spend the money on it, or have woke up to the health hazards, so have quit, in which has effected the MSA payoff by 15% or so.

Enter Vaping. Because vaping has been such an inexpensive, healthier and effective way to quit, tobacco sales are expected to plummet as much as 70% over the next 10 years. So, subtract 70% off that settlement amount, and you can see why CA and some other states are on the attack. Many of these States have issued bonds on the projected amounts of MSA money over a 10 year or more period where they never thought a viable alternative to tobacco to arise. Because they wanted that money "now" to obviously fund other projects this money was never intended for, these states are on the hook for huge sums in the form of Bonds that have to be repaid.

Enter CA's propaganda campaign "StillBlowingSmoke.org". They have to demonize and lie about vaping in order to sway public opinion, to either outright ban it to keep people smoking so the MSA money continues to roll in, or tax it heavily for the same reason. And they are spending millions on TV ads as we speak.

At least, this is the way I understand it.

Notblowingsmoke.org is obviously a counter to the lies and propaganda SBM is spewing.

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
that video is extremely well done, i shared it everywhere i could on facebook the other day

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That video has had 5000 views in the last 3 hours. It's currently at 26,728 views, Tuesday 14th 6:45 pm est. Will be interesting to see what it is this time tomorrow.

Keep passing it around

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know this belongs in Advocacy, but the thread views there are very low, and hopefully more people will see it here who don't visit the other thread. Everyone who vapes needs to see this video and pass it on to others.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Robert B , We have moved a thread about the video you posted and again here you posted it, the thread you posted was in the wrong area, please be aware of the work your making for us to move all these posts and threads. Thank you

Robert B

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Robert B , We have moved a thread about the video you posted and again here you posted it, the thread you posted was in the wrong area, please be aware of the work your making for us to move all these posts and threads. Thank you
It's the only one you've moved of mine. Nowhere near the number of people read these threads, that's why it needed to be posted over there as well. I think you agree it's an important video for all to see, no?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree about what I just posted, the video got plenty of views in here and in the thread you posted, even though it wasn't posted where it belonged.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No its a good video, just herding everything where it belongs can be tedious, Thanks Rodger:)

VU Sponsors