notes on cdb

Discussion in 'CBD Discussions' started by susieqz, Jun 2, 2019.

1. susieqz

susieqz Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    i've been experimenting with this stuff for a month, as i would with any new drug.
    by itself. it works well for nerve pain but not for chronic back pain.

vaping it is fast acting but mild.

sublingual works much better, even when using the vaping product.

topical is great but only lasts 20 minutes.

here's something controversial. people who know tell me that one must use full spectrum to get pain relief.
    i bot some crystal to try, but never got around to making juice n it was not full spectrum.
    i put 1/32 teaspoon under my tongue.
    the coarse crystals took time to dissolve, but it hit like a freight train.
    this might be dose related.
    i have no idea how much juice that would have made, so i can't compare.

years ago, i picked up some kratom to try for pain relief.
    worthless for that, but i kept it around for fun.
    however, when used with cdb, the pain relief is amazing, even for chronic back pain.
    these things potentiate each other.
    i cut narcotics by 60%.

unfortunately, this stuff doesn't get you high, but i get amazing vivid technicolor dreams.
    i enjoy that but not everyone does.

CONCLUSION
    i highly recommend cdb for pain relief, especially when used in conjunction with kratom.
    however, most people might be better off with prescriptions.
    this is running me $50/week.
    in my special circumstances, it's worth it.
    i just ordered a couple of keys of kratom to go with it, n i'll be using both daily.
    but. $2600/year is kinda pricey.

that's my report.

2. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I was wondering about that myself, or just burning crystals on a coil

Sadly, I dissolved all my isolate to have on hand as a base so don't have any dry stuff

A+ agree on the CBD/Kratom combo - it is turning into a real powerhouse for me

Kemosabe, inspects and susieqz like this.
  3. susieqz

Blog Posts:
    if you decide to try crystals sublingually. please wait til close to bed time.
    it will knock you out.

4. JuicyLucy

JuicyLucy My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Diamond Contributor Member For 3 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    I don't have any crystals left, but will keep that in mind if I ever get anymore

But since making my own and it is so much better in taste and effectiveness, it is highly unlikely I'll ever buy any again

5. Wb80

Wb80 Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Cbd and kratom worked ok on pain 4me. But got pricey as i hat to rotate strains of kratom every few days. If i didnt my body built high toleranced to the point of taking 15 grahms of kratom per dose.

susieqz likes this.
  6. Wb80

Wb80 Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    Odds r yuh ou took like 200 to 250 mg in that dose of cbd.

7. susieqz

Blog Posts:
    wb, i don't know how much that is, but a rounded teaspoon works for me.
    the only kratom i use is bent so i have nothing to switch to.
    but, you could get a key of 2 different ones.
    at $70/key, it's cheap.
    the cdb is the big expense.

8. susieqz

Blog Posts:
    great dreams tho.

9. Wb80

Wb80 Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I was buying kratom by the key i think it was 73 a key. Over time kratom stopped working for me. So i stopped it. I do cbd as needed now. Vape 4 anxiety n sub for pain

10. susieqz

Blog Posts:
    i guess i lucked out.
    i've been using the same does for over a year.
    no tolerance.
    i never increased it because it never did much for me, until now.

Wb80 likes this.
  11. Carambrda

Carambrda Gold Contributor Member For 2 Years

Blog Posts:
    The entourage effect resulting from other cannabinoids being used in cohort with CBD causes the effectiveness of CBD to become magnified. This is why some people recommend full spectrum CBD. The downside of that is you get a relatively high concentration of contaminants some of which either have been shown to be harmful to human health or are suspected harmful or causing undesired side effects so you run the risk of actually creating health issues that turn out to be more severe than the ones you are trying to cure. Be advised that CBD products are not legally classified as medicine. So the quality of CBD products can vary enormously because (FDA) regulations do not apply to CBD, and, this poses a major threat due to false marketing and other sinister purposes going on so always be sure to check your sources.

The good news is that beta-caryophyllene (BCP) and other cannabinoids that strongly generate the entourage effect when combined with pure CBD (pure = isolate, or crystals) can be obtained by using technologically advanced extraction/filtration processes separately. By combining these separately obtained substances with pure CBD, it becomes technically possible to avoid the high concentrations of contaminants that are typifying of full spectrum CBD, thus creating a really very strong and effective broad spectrum CBD that can be much safer to use when compared to full spectrum CBD... at least that's how I see things. https://www.wildhemp.com/collections/all/products/1000mg-cbd-tincture-copaiba (This one's not for vaping.)

susieqz likes this.
  12. susieqz

Blog Posts:
    thanks, car.
    i'll go research that copaiba oil.

13. Wb80

Wb80 Silver Contributor

Blog Posts:
    I am an addict through n through(even being clean over 2.5 years now), so it is in my dna that more is always better. Even when it is not. But caffine n nicotine is all i have now.

Huckleberried and susieqz like this.
  14. Carambrda

Blog Posts:
    This is the copaiba that I got, and that I use for a sublingual tincture, separately in addition to using a strong broad spectrum CBD.
    https://www.doterra.com/US/en/p/copaiba-oil (Please note, this is also not for vaping.)

My first impression thus far has been that just a single drop of copaiba oil under the tongue appears to work really, really well.

susieqz likes this.
  15. susieqz

Blog Posts:
    what contaminents do you avoid, using this oil?
    i never had trouble burning the plant itself.

JuicyLucy likes this.
  16. Carambrda

Blog Posts:
    It's the contaminants that are found in full spectrum CBD and either are absent or are barely present in broad spectrum CBD from a reputable brand that relies on top quality filtration processes for making its broad spectrum CBD products.
    Plants release high amounts of toxicants when burned. Vaping caused me to stop burning plants thereby effectively avoiding those toxicants.

susieqz likes this.
  17. susieqz

Blog Posts:
    i was just wondering what contaminants we were talking about.

18. Carambrda

Blog Posts:
    Well it depends on so many factors you can't really be sure what ones, but some of them do show up in certified lab reports, if the lab test procedure in question has been correctly designed and conducted to be capable to pick them up. By itself, CBD in its purest form has been shown to be relatively harmless, but when you're talking about full spectrum CBD typically there's other cannabinoids also present in the mixture, like, for example, terpenes, and also there are flavinoids, and some raw plant matter that may have been contaminated with foreign substances during cultivation and/or transportation and/or processing in ways that we simply don't know (because the important quality related factors aren't being regulated and so the FDA doesn't control nor tries to mitigate potential risks involved with human comsumption of these products, which part explains why mostly we don't know what ones...), and traces of other foreign substances resulting from the extraction/filtration processes and/or packaging processes used to manufacture CBD products. At least with broad spectrum CBD from a top quality trustworthy manufacturer you get the benefit of a more refined and reliable (when compared to full spectrum CBD) filtration process having been probably used so as a result contaminants are less likely to become a problem with regards to long term heavy use patterns. By comparison, filtering techniques used for making full spectrum CBD are in fact much, MUCH more crude, therefore they might increase these potential risks, when lab tests can't show you everything so this is a solid reason to try to avoid full spectrum CBD products when it's possible to avoid them by going for a reputable broad spectrum CBD product the likelihood of which is safer.

susieqz likes this.
  19. JuicyLucy

Blog Posts:
    Likely ones, potential ones....name one

The FDA is nothing but a shill for big pharma and the "this isn't regulated by the FDA" is an argument used by ANTZ and industry to scare people away from alternative medicine

The FDA doesn't regulate any CBD, whether its isolate, broad or full spectrum so arguing there might be something in the terpenes when no CBD is regulated makes no sense to me at all, especially if you can't name one single possible or potential contaminate in full spectrum

Kemosabe, inspects and susieqz like this.
  20. Carambrda

Blog Posts:
    Certified lab reports from major/known trusted manufacturers of CBD products are published on their own websites where everyone can access them freely so they give you some basic idea of what those substances are, and, you can contact the manufacturers directly to ask them for more specific information about impurities/pollutants/contaminants. Further, you can use purely common sense to arrive at the logical conclusion that full spectrum CBD is made by using the type of extraction/filtration processes that are a lot more crude than ones that are used for making pure CBD isolate. So what this means is twofold. Firstly, full spectrum CBD contains fairly significant amounts of all sorts of substances that no-one basically knows what the real long term effect on human health will be if orally ingested in relatively large quantities either daily or every couple of days. For example, too little is known about which terpenes are causing what effect or consequence. Another perfectly clear example of a real potential risk factor is caused by raw plant matter that hasn't been guaranteed to be subjected to food grade quality inspection of any kind whatsoever. Secondly, by selectively CHOOSING which terpenes will be later added to a [verified to be outstandingly clean and non toxic non harmful] CBD isolate, technically it becomes possible for the lab experts to create the kind of broad spectrum CBD product the recipe of which effectively eliminates/reduces those specific terpenes that 1/ are suspected to contribute only little to the entourage effect and 2/ either are suspected to cause adversary health effects or are simply not known to not cause any. So, in essence, it's yet another harm reduction strategy.
    I wouldn't go as far as to use the word "nothing". Without having any kind of rigid science-based food inspection going on more people would die from food poisoning as a result from malevolent practices in the food industry, and the same applies to pharmaceuticals so IMO there are just as many crooks selling fake/poisonous CBD products as there are crooks working for the FDA... applying peer pressure is the only right way to win a fight for justice.
    It makes probable sense after you also factor in that some manufacturers of CBD products keep an open discussion about quality related topics by publishing real data that is free to access and by working together with reputable scientists whose credential is held to elevated standards so there's SOME relief.

21. MyMagicMist

MyMagicMist Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Found out if drip direct I can use the 10 mg strength I think it is for pain and anxiety. It's the lowest of the Palmetto stuff in 30 ml bottles. Sure I might be a lightweight for cbd. Don't recall being for something else, but that's another ... At any given the direct dripping does good for me then I also "accidentally on purpose" get a bit on my fingers and lick them clean. *chuckles* That seems to do well too. :)

Want to get more but at $25 a 30 ml bottle it's going to be more of treat for me than plain old vaping, can get my flavorless base with 18 mg nicotine per ml for around $40 per liter. And I can vape flavorless just fine, get flavors to add as treats here and there, or just run flavorless all in.

22. susieqz

Blog Posts:
    mist, i wouldn't spend for this stuff unless pain is a real issue.
    it doesn't have much recreational value.
    narcotics cost pennies with my insurance, but i decided to eliminate them.
    i don't think i could do that without cdb.

23. MyMagicMist

MyMagicMist Platinum Contributor Member For 3 Years ECF Refugee

Blog Posts:
    Pain is an issue. Arthritis as well as some various nerve pain, problems. Been finding some relief though in using plain old dumb acetaminophen. I am restricted in not being able to take Nsaids which does include aspirin. The way my body is put together, it cannot process nsaids correctly / "normally" and that lets them tear up my insides. So, I got told by the doctor finally to knock those off, full on and full stop, don't take 'em.

I've also been exercising gradually, loosing weight which is helping as well. Appreciate the concern though. Like I said cbd will be "treat" medicine for me, not that I'm wanting to use it as recreational or think of it as being. It's just that it's expensive for me to afford ergo I'll only be able to use it in place of say Tramadol, an opioid medication. To me it is a "treat" to get rid of any physical pain even having a high pain tolerance.

24. Kemosabe

Kemosabe Bronze Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    ...just a friendly little note...its CBD, not CDB.