Become a Patron!

Notes..

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Always.. even if you are playing around.. write it down!
I had a kickin juice the other night.. was vaping it like it was going out of style..
happen to notice.. it had no label.. went thru all my notes and what not.. nothing there, either..

this happens to me time and again.. seems to me, i would always remember to write it down..

not only did i not write it down.. but i think I left it at the party i went to for the 4th.. so no juice either..

dang it! :confused:

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
lol no matter how much I give that advice I still dont do it. Im in the same boat. got a couple really good recipes in the cabinet that I cant figure out what exactly they are. some of the best ones are total mysteries. I have a "custard" jar. I put all the left over vanillas and custard type recipes in it. its the best vanilla custard I have made lol. no idea what ultimately is in it but I wouldnt sell this little gem for anything .

Slicknic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Things slip my mind faster than water through a colander. :eek: I've lost a recipe or two that way myself.
With the juice calculator I use, I just bookmark the page after I've filled it out and save it to a DIY juice bookmark folder.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
my problem is i can sit here and just dream up recipe after recipe..
however.. if i am not near my pc, phone, tablet, or paper.. they get lost so damn easy..:confused:
i think i have my recipes just too spread out.. and after "x" amount of gigs.. mhmm

it gets a bit hard to find what i want.. :(

i wont talk about my flavor hobby.. :p all day vape.. no way!

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
I write the recipe in my shorthand code on masking tape. It goes on the bottle before I even get out flavorings. If it's good enough, it gets a nametag on the other side.

Cavediver

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use a calculator called EzMix, and it has space for notes. Every time I try something new I enter all of the flavors and make my initial notes, and then save it. This is especially handy for the recipes that make it to a second or third round; I can keep a running list of my ingredient revisions and add comments so I know what's worked and what hasn't.

HIC, how do you keep track of all of your individual flavor notes? The reviews you've been putting out are outstanding, and that's something I'd like to mimic in my own files.

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
HIC, how do you keep track of all of your individual flavor notes? The reviews you've been putting out are outstanding, and that's something I'd like to mimic in my own files.

I keep it super simple, just one spreadsheet and one document. Spreadsheet lists all my flavors, standalone percents, descriptions, and most important notes. Document has all my recipes, including failures (so I don't duplicate them). For next projects, those are post-it notes stuck in my flavorings box, with jotted notes about what I want to try. I don't use any calculators, never saw the need.

Slots

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I'm not as good at this as HIC, (me and a spreadsheet ??? doesn't compute ) so I use e-juice me up.
I print out the recipe, adjust the counts if needed, and then when I get around to trying it, I jot down all kinds of notes right on the paper.
I make a note of what I vaped it with, and what "tweaks" I think I need to make (if it's worth trying again).
If I didn't do this, I'd be totally lost. Everything gets filed .. that I know how to do. o_O
It's like a chemistry lab, with an office out back around here.... A real "hobby"

Thrasher

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you can save recipes in ejuicemeup and print index cards as well. I just use a small notebook once i have it down.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I use a calculator called EzMix, and it has space for notes. Every time I try something new I enter all of the flavors and make my initial notes, and then save it. This is especially handy for the recipes that make it to a second or third round; I can keep a running list of my ingredient revisions and add comments so I know what's worked and what hasn't.

Thanks for mentioning EzMix! I have never heard about it until now. I am just starting to think about trying DIY so I just downloaded it.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
i can do all that in ezmix too.. i hate spreadsheets and am just a notepad user, from years of hand coding..
plus it helps me keep tabs on how much per flavor, my vg, pg, and nic.. it tallies up by how many ml i make and tells me how much my juice costs, minus bottles and labels, so i can put that money back into my supplies.. pretty sweet.. ;)

anytime, UncleRJ :D >shares coffee:)

Last edited:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
FWIW, EJuiceMeUp also has Notes...I use them a lot for add-ins and erractica. :)

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
ezmix has that too, and last i heard, was part of the beta for it, he was trying to get drops added in too..
i need to catch up with him..:oops:

VU Sponsors