Become a Patron!

Notification issues

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi all,
Ever since VU has been back online
I haven't got any notifications to subscribed threads or topics...tried both stock and Tapatalk versions...anybody else having issues like this too? thx

from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hi all,
Ever since VU has been back online
I haven't got any notifications to subscribed threads or topics...tried both stock and Tapatalk versions...anybody else having issues like this too? thx

Smacksy, I'm having a similar issue. Occasionally it used to happen before. Sometimes "unwatch"ing a thread and "watch thread" again will work.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Also, I've noticed it's worse on Tapatalk. I have an update on my phone for that one to do today, too.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you whiskey..I'm getting your replies on this thread via Tapatalk now..just not on the stock version... But thx again!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also, I've noticed it's worse on Tapatalk. I have an update on my phone for that one to do today, too.
Tapatalk streamlines the various forums I belong too..it makes navigating and posting photos a snap...was working great on this forum, especially after the (Tapatalk) update, but was having notification issues ...looks like Tapatalk is working great again...keep my fingers crossed it stays that way...

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
My phone is working normally but I did not let my phone force tapatalk on me. Im on an LG G2 and whenever it tries forcing tapatalk on me I hit "cancel". So I guess I am of no help, sorry. :(

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My phone is working normally but I did not let my phone force tapatalk on me. Im on an LG G2 and whenever it tries forcing tapatalk on me I hit "cancel". So I guess I am of no help, sorry. :(
That's OK..
Tapatalk isn't forced on me either but I like way better than the stock VU format....you can customise it and I got three other vaping forums on the same homepage..
it's really easy to navigate and offers a bunch of other cool options too numerous to post here..screen shot is of this message in dark mode, exactly how it looks on my phone.. Maybe Tapatalk isn't for everyone but its a free app and works good for me..
7a33504ff9f0bbbd8ff38669192b10d3.jpg

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
im not getting hardly any of my notifications any more:(
After VU was back online I wasn't getting any notifications at all... I use the Tapatalk app., so I uninstalled Tapatalk, did s soft reset on my phone and reinstalled the Tapatalk app... It did the trick ! I'm getting subscribed topics, forum and post notifications now, as well as all PM notifications via Tapatalk.
Can't say about how the stock VU format is doing as I don't use it but Tapatalk is working great now..

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Nope. Flushing the DNS cache is immediate, no need to reboot. I'd just go and use the forum normally going forward.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got up this morning to no notifications, and that's pretty unusual. Also have received no responses to a couple of p.m.'s and these folks always answer.....strange.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Which ones do you mean.
A few got their panties all up in a bunch and left.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nah, I don't think these guys are like that.....well.....lol! Guess you never know for sure, but they've both been here longer than I have.
I'm still trying to understand why some folks got all upset about all this anyway. Granted, I was a little antsy not being able to get on for a couple of days but it's technology and shit happens, what can you do? It is what it is.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nah, I don't think these guys are like that.....well.....lol! Guess you never know for sure, but they've both been here longer than I have.
I'm still trying to understand why some folks got all upset about all this anyway. Granted, I was a little antsy not being able to get on for a couple of days but it's technology and shit happens, what can you do? It is what it is.
When I use a $700 smartphone I demand it to work, on any forum or app I install..
And 99.9% of the time it does.. That .1% of the time it doesn't bothers me sometimes... Lol

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When I use a $700 smartphone I demand it to work, on any forum or app I install..
And 99.9% of the time it does.. That .1% of the time it doesn't bothers me sometimes... Lol

Oh, I was bothered! Lol! But I also studied I.T. in college so I understand that technology is far from perfect. Sometimes it works out as smoothly as baptizing a cat......;)

VU Sponsors