Become a Patron!

Novice still but love it!

ameripunx07

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I'm here running a 20 istick.. Just upgraded to the mini nautilus. I have been hearing I've got a decent set up. I like it so far. Basic question though. Do I need to change coils often. Weekly? When I change juice? I've been thinking of maybe upgrading to a istick 30 or 50. Is that too much for my mini nautilus?

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Change the coils when they begin to taste funky, they usually last 2-3 weeks. I'd go for the iStick 50w next, its not too much for the mini Nautilus, it is fully adjustable in wattage and voltage just like your 20 watt iStick. With the iStick 50 you can use some of the new sub-tanks like the mini Kanger Sub tank with lower ohm coils for lots of vapor, if you want to go that route.

Jaaxx

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The 20w iStick is a perfect match for the Nautilus Mini. How often you replace coils will have a lot do with the juice you're using and the wattage you set the stick to. I would say 2 weeks is about average, but with very sweet juice 1 week is within reason.

Hey! it's just Ray...

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The 20w iStick is a perfect match for the Nautilus Mini. How often you replace coils will have a lot do with the juice you're using and the wattage you set the stick to. I would say 2 weeks is about average, but with very sweet juice 1 week is within reason.
Yeah I was cooking coils every day and a half with my mixed berry and my 20w Istick till the day I dropped it into the toilet.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I agree with @Zamazam - go for the 50w - it's more than your Nautilus needs, but you'll still get the benefit of increased battery life and you'll have a lot of room to move up if you decide to upgrade your topper at some point in the future. Welcome!

VU Sponsors