Become a Patron!

Now this is Pizza! From the BROOKLYN, NEW YORK I tell ya!

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not going to lie.
Kind of hate you at the moment, the "pizza" I had last night was in the top 5 of the I can eat it but would rather lick white dog shit instead. Hell little ceasers was FAR better than it.
Around here once every couple of years an amazing pizza place will open up but fail in short order due to location and pricing.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Meh....

Looks like any other pizza around here.

I make my own, DEEP dish style in a cake pan.

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Fuckin bastid ! :pizza: I'm jealous ! :) I miss NYC pizza so much ! I moved to Pa from Florida thinking I was finally going to get a great pie. Pa's pizza is dog shit!!! :blech:

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Many really good pizza joints around here, and a new one called Mod Pizza opened up just a month ago. They only have thin crust, made right before your eyes, as you go through the line selecting your toppings, then tossed into a wood fired oven for only a few minutes. Just YUM!

The BEST pizza I've had, though, was in a place off Treasure Island, FL in John's Pass. DeLosi's Pizza. MOST YUM.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Many really good pizza joints around here, and a new one called Mod Pizza opened up just a month ago. They only have thin crust, made right before your eyes, as you go through the line selecting your toppings, then tossed into a wood fired oven for only a few minutes. Just YUM!

The BEST pizza I've had, though, was in a place off Treasure Island, FL in John's Pass. DeLosi's Pizza. MOST YUM.
Unless they import the water from NY you can never get the same taste as NY Pizza, just saying.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Unless they import the water from NY you can never get the same taste as NY Pizza, just saying.
No, just saying it was the best pizza I've had to date.

A friend of mine is from NY, I can't recall where he worked when he lived there, but he said the exact same thing, that the water is what makes the pizza. One of these days, maybe I'll finally get to eat NY pizza, myself.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That's pizza? looks pretty standard and boring to me.

I see your plain pizza and raise you 1 Donatos Serious Meat Pizza with an apple Crisp Timpano and Breadsticks.
If your ever in the Ohio area, check out Donatos
20151003_123925.jpg

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Sadly my laptop broke a few days after I went back out on the road last month and forums are too much a pain to use via cell phone.
Yes, I can get used to it, but I prefer a laptop. too. Good to see ya :)

NickIsANoob

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Donatos thin crust double pepperoni well done is a fantastic pizza but it's not the same as NY pizza

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Oh Yea! Take that!

13690763_10208041510653826_1121871698720535181_n.jpg 14237621_1078171445635038_4564754329001256487_n.jpg

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Chicken Cordon Blu pizza
Available at your local Pilot or Flying J truck stop anywhere in the US until the end of the month.

Alfredo sauce with swiss cheese topped with chicken and ham.

20160906_165736.jpg

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Fuhgeddaboudit! No one beats Brooklyn for taste, and quality , here you go

11146227_10204994816488376_7171899777389650325_n.jpg 10989166_10204633758702157_2408729579904229754_n.jpg 12743510_10206842072908632_8921802042471814183_n.jpg

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Give me the PIZZA and no one gets hurt, back away slowly
n9Mhxcr_zpsekvi8jtc.gif

dcarpentier

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ive been enjoying pizza more lately since we started asking for 'easy' on the sauce. Too many places drown you with sauce and all ya end up tasting is baked bread with tomato paste kinda thing... with a hint of cheese and meats.
I gotta say though, Im curious now about swiss cheese on a pizza.. not sure if I'd order one at a truck stop, but maybe I'll DIY one.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lou & Ernie's on Crosby in the Bronx has stellar Pizza!

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ive been enjoying pizza more lately since we started asking for 'easy' on the sauce. Too many places drown you with sauce and all ya end up tasting is baked bread with tomato paste kinda thing... with a hint of cheese and meats.
I gotta say though, Im curious now about swiss cheese on a pizza.. not sure if I'd order one at a truck stop, but maybe I'll DIY one.
I made one with left over ham and Alfredo Sauce. It was terrific.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Lou & Ernie's on Crosby in the Bronx has stellar Pizza!
Never been there since was not my turf but I know the Bronx also has some great pizzerias, and Italian restaurants like Brooklyn.

SMOKIE

THE MODFATHER
Staff member
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
VU Live Leadership
Show Host
Reviewer
Vape Media
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Never dawned on me to try swiss on pizza, it just may taste good but I think it would need a different type of sauce.

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Never been there since was not my turf but I know the Bronx also has some great pizzerias, and Italian restaurants like Brooklyn.
Next time you're in the Bronx near Crosby, stop in. They have really good pizza by the slice at lunch time, either traditional or thin Crust.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Born and raised in Brooklyn, the Original Corato's on Knickerbocker Avenue isn't there any more, nut they moved into Queens. Nothing beats NY pizza, and not that floofy Manhattan crap. Real, Brooklyn, Pizza. There's exactly one place in my entire county that I can get goo pizza from. And they moved up from, you guessed it, Brooklyn. None of that bought in dough or sauce, all real.

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No, just saying it was the best pizza I've had to date.

A friend of mine is from NY, I can't recall where he worked when he lived there, but he said the exact same thing, that the water is what makes the pizza. One of these days, maybe I'll finally get to eat NY pizza, myself.
Huck, having grown up in NY on LI, and currently living in Louisville, I assure you, you've never tasted anything like NY pizza in KY. It's just the way it is...lol

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't wait to move back home to NY next week. I will get one Sicilian slice from Bono's and die happy.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I can't wait to move back home to NY next week. I will get one Sicilian slice from Bono's and die happy.
Oh man, nobody, and I mean nobody, outside of NYC makes a real, decent Sicilian. And people not from here and never been are like, "What, it's like deep dish Chicago, right?" No. Just. No.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm jealous, New York pizza is damn good. I've heard it's in the water, closest I got was a friend of mine who opened a New York style pizza place in Arizona. I think he was from Staten Island area, worked with the guy who owned Lenny's and brought his pizza out to the southwest. Most all the pizza we had around there was the typical domino's, little ceasar's etc. He had stromboli, calzones, pizza by the slice and they were big slices. Not like the little slices even off a 'large' from a chain. Worked there during the summer in jr high washing dishes and tables and stuff, got a few slices for lunch every day in the summer.

Now that I live in the midwest I get 'St Louis' style pizza. What a treat, not. 8lbs of greasy cheese on top of a paper thin cracker crust cut into squares lol. At least there's still little ceasar's here. haha

Zamazam

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Oh man, nobody, and I mean nobody, outside of NYC makes a real, decent Sicilian. And people not from here and never been are like, "What, it's like deep dish Chicago, right?" No. Just. No.
I lived in Chicago for 10 years. They have deep dish down to a freaking science.

KDodds

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I lived in Chicago for 10 years. They have deep dish down to a freaking science.
Sicilian is NOT deep dish. :D Chicago pizza is kind of okay, sometimes, if that's what you want, but it's not NYC pizza, not by a long shot.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Huck, having grown up in NY on LI, and currently living in Louisville, I assure you, you've never tasted anything like NY pizza in KY. It's just the way it is...lol
No, I haven't. Haven't been there, to date, but I've had plenty of pizza that I really liked.

trlrtrash13

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
That's pizza? looks pretty standard and boring to me.

I see your plain pizza and raise you 1 Donatos Serious Meat Pizza with an apple Crisp Timpano and Breadsticks.
If your ever in the Ohio area, check out Donatos
When you find a good pizza place that uses high quality ingredients, you figure out really quickly why the big chains sell a ton of meat lovers and supreme pizzas. It's to cover up the taste of a bad pie. When you find a good pizza place, you don't need all of those toppings. When I go to Pizza Hut or the like, the more toppings the better. When I go to Brother's Pizza in Paulsboro NJ, I just get a cheese pizza. Can't beat it.

Breazy_Com

Excellence In Service
VU Vendor
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
PIZZA !!!!!! I Love and live on PIZZA !!!!!!!!!!! I can eat pizza morning noon and night ! And being here in Staten Island I can go to so many different pizza places. No two are the same and each is good in it's own way. And yes L&B is one of my favorites.

msrfrog

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Nice , I left the city for upstate . but fortunately so did a lot of the pizza parlor owners. So I can get good pizza still. Although I was down in Brooklyn last week and ate at Grimaldi's in coney island and I must say it was pretty good.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors