Become a Patron!

Oakley Haka Tester let's bring it back, having trouble with it.

Various Reviews

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I just purchased the Oakley Haka Tester, I tried to read my .15 ohm coil in my twisted messes squared RDA and it's being all screwy. It seems to read the voltage fine but it reads my .15 ohm coil at 14.6 ( give or take) and the wattage at 0.9-1.1, has anyone purchased one or have any experience or advice on why this is happening? Or know what proper ohm I should build to be able to successfully use this product? Is it too much current with such a low build? Any help or advice would be awesome! Tysm

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
First question to my mind is what mod are you using it with? Assuming there is no fault in the Haka Tester it may be a mod incompatibility issue. The output of regulated mods may be pulsed, and some meters won't read these properly.

Various Reviews

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Well it is incompatible with my joyetech evic vtwo mini but that's due to the mod not being able to read an atomizer and not firing. I use my muenster v2 mech so it doesn't seem to not be compatible with it it just seems like there could be too much current for such a low build on it

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
According to the specs I read it said there is no current limitation. If it works with your mech but not with your regulated mod, then you can safely say that it is the 'type' of output from the mod that is messing with the Haka and preventing a proper reading. This problem is well known with the aftermarket 'inline' meters.

Various Reviews

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Well the reason why ot won't work with my regulated is I guess because of the chipset it in won't allow it to be read as a legitimate atomizer I guess because qwhen I screw my RDA on top of it it just says 0 ohms and when I fire it it just says "check atomizer" just like when one isn't installed on it. And when I use it with my mech with the RDA on top it reads the current voltage but it will read like 14.6 ohms and fire at 1.1 watts it says on the tester so I'm just confused as to why this is happening. I did read on a certain website though that it may not be able to handle sub ohm currents so I'm going to try a 1.6 ohm coil or something

verdigris

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It'll read low ohms but the amps burn the circuits. I bought one ages ago and got a refund because of inaccurate manufacturer specs.

VU Sponsors