Become a Patron!

OBS Crius problems

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
What makes me wonder is in this picture, there has to be a seal to keep juice from flowing out of the base Assy. Although we don't see on, it's prob under it all and it's not serviceable and a poor design. There is a o ring in the juice ring that butts up to the base but not one in this joint.
75af5fcc9012bc869f2439a04415b140.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
@vuJim I wanted everyone to see what I've been working with. My macro lens kinda gets you close enough to see where issues may arise, however I don't know still to this day what is causing that weeping/seeping. As I said, I wanna love this tank, and like a good partner, I'm not just gonna give up on something I want to love so much.
Looks good! Please let us know how it vapes with that setup.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
@TheVapingDevil havent seen you since the Subtank Wars thread! Looks like we graduated. I agree with you, I think that whatever is keeping that juice out is what's jacked up. We shall see.
hahahaha. Yea we have graduated into the RTA world and I see we are both struggling with this tank.
I am not a mechanical engineer but can tell that there needs to be some sort of seal there. I'm betting it's under it all and yes it's prob all fucked up. I am gonna destroy one of my 4 bases in attempt to better understand this issue more by dismantling it very carefully with full color glossies lolol

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I still say that if OBS had just stayed with the tried, and true design of the T-VCT for filling and juice control, and reworked it to fit a Velocity deck, they wouldn't be having these issues, and we'd all be vaping an almost perfect tank. Maybe the Crius v4 at some point?

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Well, good luck, @WARCHOP37. I'm confident the build & wicking have no impact on the problem with liquid seeping out from between the AFC ring & the bit above itit, but have fun :)

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I still say that if OBS had just stayed with the tried, and true design of the T-VCT for filling and juice control, and reworked it to fit a Velocity deck, they wouldn't be having these issues, and we'd all be vaping an almost perfect tank. Maybe the Crius v4 at some point?
Agreed Mark. They should really look back at the vct and figure out how to make that with velocity deck

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Agreed Mark. They should really look back at the vct and figure out how to make that with velocity deck

Yep, they had that part down pat. All they would have to do is rework the chamber and maybe the deck threading.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok i think i know the issue. you all may not have UPDATED decks. Looking at those pics that have been posted....mine looks different

You see that solid white ring around there below the juice ports... i dont see that in any one else's pics of their decks

Plus it look slike the thread sin the pics are above the jfc ring
my threads do not rise above the JFC ring

criusdeck.JPG

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
yeah
look at wetvapes photos

i am assuming these are the original velocity deck
https://www.wetvapes.com/index.php/obs-crius-rta-with-velocity-style-deck.html

zoom in on the second photo

NO WHITE RING above the threads and the gap between the deck and teh threads is HUGE looking

now look at just the separate deck

https://www.wetvapes.com/index.php/crius-deck.html

i can definitely see the white ring on the white one. It looks like its there on the black and stainless....and then the gap between the threads and the deck is very small looking in comparison to the first link.

this may all be my eyes playing tricks on me.....but I think that white ring makes the difference

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
yeah
look at wetvapes photos

i am assuming these are the original velocity deck
https://www.wetvapes.com/index.php/obs-crius-rta-with-velocity-style-deck.html

zoom in on the second photo

NO WHITE RING above the threads and the gap between the deck and teh threads is HUGE looking

now look at just the separate deck

https://www.wetvapes.com/index.php/crius-deck.html

i can definitely see the white ring on the white one. It looks like its there on the black and stainless....and then the gap between the threads and the deck is very small looking in comparison to the first link.

this may all be my eyes playing tricks on me.....but I think that white ring makes the difference
There does look to be a slight difference, but it's hard to really tell even zooming in on the pics to tell for sure.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Interesting. My first pic is the original deck and the second is the updated decks. I can't really tell the difference and they all are have these issues
1623f324697cf27f49979a5db26ed254.jpg

d1b3f09ca640e3e9093562c8b9d9a68d.jpg

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
As much as I'd like to think that they have made some changes, it looks to me as if it's just the way light reflects off the chamfered edge leading into the threads.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
As much as I'd like to think that they have made some changes, it looks to me as if it's just the way light reflects off the chamfered edge leading into the threads.
I hope for their sake there wasn't any changes because if there was it's apparently no better

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
those 2 decks black and stainless look the same to me

neither have a seal between the deck and the threads (that white ring)
and both have a lot of room between the threads. and deck

My deck is definitely different then your decks devil.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
those 2 decks black and stainless look the same to me

neither have a seal between the deck and the threads (that white ring)
and both have a lot of room between the threads.

My deck is definitely different then your decks devil.
Well that's just fucked up in so many ways especially since the two raw bases are the new replacement decks. But I believe from what I know they were only due to the insulator issues

Izen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Interesting. My first pic is the original deck and the second is the updated decks. I can't really tell the difference and they all are have these issues

No, your decks are V2 & V3.
V1 had philips head screws (facing down) at the top of the post.
V2 Velocity style, grub screws at the outside of the post, small post holes.
V3 enlarged the post holes.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
in fact looking close
that white ring of mine goes almost to the bottom of the juice port

the top of the thread sin all these pics is much lower then mine.

so i feel there was a change at least on the white model

now some of what im seeing may just be photo issues and my eyes. but I think there is something going on.

I mean seriously
you all know how to build coils and wick a miillion times better then me. I ve made like 12 coils and 10 wicks.....

so how the hell am i not having issues and you all are.

simple answer i have a different deck

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
how about these????

Attachments

• crius1.JPG
    crius1.JPG
    298.2 KB · Views: 29
  • crius2.JPG
    crius2.JPG
    196.8 KB · Views: 28
  • crius3.JPG
    crius3.JPG
    164.1 KB · Views: 29
  • crius4.JPG
    crius4.JPG
    287.4 KB · Views: 29
  • crius5.JPG
    crius5.JPG
    281.7 KB · Views: 27
  • crius6.JPG
    crius6.JPG
    261.6 KB · Views: 25
  • crius7.JPG
    crius7.JPG
    360.2 KB · Views: 32
  • crius8.JPG
    crius8.JPG
    330.3 KB · Views: 28
  • crius9.JPG
    crius9.JPG
    306.3 KB · Views: 28

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
No, your decks are V2 & V3.
V1 had philips head screws (facing down) at the top of the post.
V2 Velocity style, grub screws at the outside of the post, small post holes.
V3 enlarged the post holes.
actually you rnot quite right
V1 yes
v2 is bigger holes
v3 velocity deck
then after v3...the tank somewhere-presumably the deck was changed slightly to address some issue presumably this seepage leaking issue

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
now i have a white crius
maybe they only made that thing white on the white one, but i swear on wetvapes photos of all 3 decks i can see white on the black and stainless

Izen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
actually you rnot quite right
V1 yes
v2 is bigger holes
v3 velocity deck
then after v3...the tank somewhere-presumably the deck was changed slightly to address some issue presumably this seepage leaking issue
Yes Matt, you're right. I'd forgotten. Velocity started with V3, and now an unannounced V4 with a gasket of sorts. Lol... glad I sold mine.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Unannounced V4 lolol. I gotta find one somewhere hahah

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok so are we all agreeing i have a different deck then the rest of you, and its not just my eyes and bad photos?

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
...or get one from where we bought ours to replace this POS deck. Btw after rebuilding mine, it's not seeping or leaking. Whether it starts again remains to be seen.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
ok so are we all agreeing i have a different deck then the rest of you, and its not just my eyes and bad photos?
Well it def appears that yours is different from mine.
I may contact wetvapes again and ask bout this mysterious gasket and hell i would buy one just to test it out

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i got the whole thing from wetvapes on BF. didnt use it till xmas as it was my present. I know that i bought it AFTER they started replacing decks and it was updated.

in fact wasn't the white released after the black and SS and not part of the original line up?

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Flavor beast @OE Burntpiston. And again, so far no leaks or weeps. I'd be curious to see too @TheVapingDevil if it is a different deck. Lemme know if you buy. Seems like you or I follow each other's buys. Haha
Ahahahahah. I will certainly let you know if I do buy one and yea we do seem to follow the same buying patterns. Lol

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
And again, so far no leaks or weeps.
@WARCHOP37: Would it be possible for you to snap a close-up macro photo of your lower assembly, so we can see if it has (what looks like) a gasket, or not?

If it turns out the difference between leaking and non-leaking assemblies is the lack of that gasket, that would imply that vendors (e.g.: Wetvapes) may have got the wrong message, and uselessly wasted time & money sending out replacement decks that didn't solve the problem, as they were identical to the faulty parts they were replacing.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
@WARCHOP37: Would it be possible for you to snap a close-up macro photo of your lower assembly, so we can see if it has (what looks like) a gasket, or not?

If it turns out the difference between leaking and non-leaking assemblies is the lack of that gasket, that would imply that vendors (e.g.: Wetvapes) may have got the wrong message, and uselessly wasted time & money sending out replacement decks that didn't solve the problem, as they were identical to the faulty parts they were replacing.
i think this may be exactly what happened. They thought they had these new improved decks, but they were not improved.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i just did a google image search
and the only pics i can definitely see the white ring is on the white models

i saw a few photos of black and SS that MIGHT have the white ring but couldnt tell

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@vuJim gladly. Although I'm still Vaping down the tank. I have not had any leaks so far and I think I'd like to keep this streak going if I can. Haha

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
image.jpeg
This is the clearest picture I took of the deck today and it doesn't appear that I have the white gasket where @Mattp169 has it in his.

Izen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@ WARCHOP37 - Isn't that an IPV D3 in this most recent photo? ...and I see an eVic VTC mini, in the background of the pic preceding it. It begs the question which you prefer? ...and why? I'd appreciate knowing, as I use one of 'em, but have contemplated the other. Thanks.

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Alright everyone. Update. Since using the Crius after washing, reassembling, recoiling, and rewicking, and Vaping the tank down using both temp mode (between 440F AND 480F) and power mode up to 60w, it's been bone dry. Granted, I have not really left the room I'm in and it's a constant room temp. So, so far so good. The flavor with the dual vertical SS coils is outstanding. Wicks great the way I set it up, and hasn't leaked. Have I figured out what caused the seeping/weeping? Not a f*cking clue. So still no idea.

To answer your question @Izen , I like both. The weight and feel of the IPV D3 is much better thank the VTC Mini, and really the only reason I even have the mini is for SS temp control. If only the D3 were updatable to have that, I'd be happy with just the D3. But I'm also a gear whore, so I love using both. And cmon, my Mini looks like R2D2. R. 2. F*cking. D. 2. Love it. Haha

Izen

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah but from what your sayin' it's not R.2. F*cking D.3... it's the other way around. Hmmm

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I just sent in a ticket to wetvapes, asking if they could find out and look to see if any of the black,ss or splatter tanks have this white oring thing and if they velocity decks they sell separately have this in all colors. Hopefully Ill get an answer and will update you all if I hear anything.

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let em know there's a bunch of us having the same problem. Hope that is all that will solve the problem we are all having, though again I am not experiencing the problem right now.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Let em know there's a bunch of us having the same problem. Hope that is all that will solve the problem we are all having, though again I am not experiencing the problem right now.
I haven't had it happen, recently, either. Problem is, as TVD noted: You can't trust the damn thing. It'll go along, working fine, running dry as a bone, then, next thing you know: Juice everywhere.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i linked this thread in the ticket so they could see themselves its effecting several of their customers. Im going on 4 or 5 days now with out a leak so Im pretty happy
and feel any leaking i had in the past was just user error...aka me learning to wick and build coils

VU Sponsors