Become a Patron!

OBS Crius problems

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Word. Lots to like about the Griffin. Curious what you think about flavor after you get some time with it.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Word. Lots to like about the Griffin. Curious what you think about flavor after you get some time with it.
My few wick attempts went very bad with cotton. Scissor malfunction pulled too much out but I tried it anyway. Too little suck n flooded it. Knew it would happen too. So went to rayon cause I'm out if cotton till Monday. I gotta say I like the flavor better than Crius but that may be my build with twisted. It's def a smoother Vape with a nice dry tank lolol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Ya, I have no complaints with flavor. But my taste is a bit off lately. I haven't had any issues with standard wicking practice. I'm actually a little amazed. No leaking at all.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Ya, I have no complaints with flavor. But my taste is a bit off lately. I haven't had any issues with standard wicking practice. I'm actually a little amazed. No leaking at all.
I usually have taste issues as well. Prob because my adv gets a lot of use cause I love it lolol. But I get tons of flavor on this. Then again I couldn't get 3 mm 26 twisted in the Crius either so not a fair comparison but I can say I love having a dry tank and top fill opening is huge. Gonna spend some time with this to see how it goes before I throw in my official recommendation to @AmandaD

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I usually have taste issues as well. Prob because my adv gets a lot of use cause I love it lolol. But I get tons of flavor on this. Then again I couldn't get 3 mm 26 twisted in the Crius either so not a fair comparison but I can say I love having a dry tank and top fill opening is huge. Gonna spend some time with this to see how it goes before I throw in my official recommendation to @AmandaD

LOL waiting :)

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, I finally put a TC build on my Crius. 26g T1 11 wraps 2.5mm came out .22. Running 500F, and so far its very good. Best part is very little to no weeping at the moment.:)

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
My Crius hasn't leaked a drop since that second time, a couple days after the 2nd build on the replacement bottom assembly.

Still: I don't feel I can trust it. So every time I'm done with it, it goes back into sealed storage.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
My Crius hasn't leaked a drop since that second time, a couple days after the 2nd build on the replacement bottom assembly.

Still: I don't feel I can trust it. So every time I'm done with it, it goes back into sealed storage.
But what has changed???????
see im thinking there is something it could have been a burr in the threads or a rough part where the deck housing meets the threads, that after so many uses smoothed out

Im glad its working for you now though
hate to see people buy shit that is useless for them

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
But what has changed???????
Not a damn thing.

see im thinking there is something it could have been a burr in the threads or a rough part where the deck housing meets the threads, that after so many uses smoothed out
Except for the fact that, between the last time it leaked and now: Nothing has been turned all that much. After the last time it leaked I took to storing it just the way it was when it was in-use.

Im glad its working for you now though
hate to see people buy shit that is useless for them
FSVO "working." I will never trust it, again, until OBS publicly acknowledges the problem, the nature of the problem, a re-designed part and the reason the re-designed part actually fixes the problem. Not "here's a 'new' part, we hope it works," which is obviously what they did last time around.

Until and unless OBS does that: I will never purchase another OBS product, again, and will continue to recommend against others doing so.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
heres a thought

they did say there was a problem and they fixed it...but in translation wetvapes and others thought they meant the deck was all you needed to fix the issue, but it was a combination of the the deck and the surface of the top that matches up with the deck that was fixed. Because those who seem to have issues have earlier ones or earlier ones with replaced decks, while "IT SEEMS" those who seem to have no issue bought a complete tank after they said they fixed the issue.

Not saying that is what happened, just putting it out there as a possibility

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
The solution to those of us who have problems with Crius is simple... G.R.I.F.F.I.N

lol
i want the griffin not because i have problems with my crius, i just want o see if having a bigger deck helps with flavor.

Becuase I must say.. i was just testing a new flavor for me, One Stop DIY Shop olde tyme rootbeer, and found my crius was much more flavorful versus my crown.

So I love my crius, and will accept all these defective crius for my spare parts drawer.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
lol
i want the griffin not because i have problems with my crius, i just want o see if having a bigger deck helps with flavor.
It's been my experience that the opposite is true: Smaller atomization chamber (thus: smaller deck), shorter chimney and more restrictive airflow (both before and after the coil/coils) produces more flavour. For example: I get a denser, more flavourful vape from my Billow V2 Nano than I do my Crius, with the exact same coils in each.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
It's been my experience that the opposite is true: Smaller atomization chamber (thus: smaller deck), shorter chimney and more restrictive airflow (both before and after the coil/coils) produces more flavour. For example: I get a denser, more flavourful vape from my Billow V2 Nano than I do my Crius, with the exact same coils in each.
i understand that point very well and I think there is much evidence to that.... I do follow you and shark and others in the MTL thread. My thought on this is the griffing and crius are fairly similar in terms of chimney etc. the larger deck will allow for bigger builds which will allow for more coil surface area. coil surface area was something I thought was important for flavor as well. So Thats why I want a griffin to test that side of the equation.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
@Mattp169: Last we heard from Wetvapes, a week ago, was "I will forward this issue to OBS to get a better answer for you ... I will keep you updated as I get more information from OBS."

I presume you've yet to hear anything further? Maybe it's time to poke Wetvapes to see if they're still on it?

Lacking a resolution: When my current tank is done my Crius will be returned to retirement and I'll begin looking for a replacement. Sometime down the road I imagine I'll salvage it for parts (drip tip, glass, screws, O-rings) and send the rest off to the landfill.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
@vuJim I have heard nothing from wetvapes... I doubt obs has told them anything.

Its a shame... you and some our having nothing but issues, while me and some others seem to have no trouble. course those w/o trouble only post once they have had no issues. but that is how things go, you post/bitch ALOT whne something isnt going right and rarely say anything whne things go as expected.

I want a second rta. and right now im not sure if Id buy a second crius because of the issues many have had. I may hold off for a griffin after some more people post about them.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
@vuJim I have heard nothing from wetvapes... I doubt obs has told them anything.
Ok. Thanks. Maybe I'll poke them.

Its a shame...
It is a shame. This tank could have been "RTA Of The Year."

I want a second rta. and right now im not sure if Id buy a second crius ...
Well, you know my answer to that. I was expecting I'd eventually have a 2nd Crius, now I'm waiting for something to show to replace the one I have.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
There's no Holy grail. There are a few good RTAs with some features that are good with some not for others. Crius does a lot right. Once you get it, or any RTA, you realize how small and silly RTAs are. Once I got the Griffin, I realized how small the Crius deck was. The Griffin is more than enough for most. OBS will either quietly fix the Crius, or offer a new one soon. My opinion is they need a new one now and claim an awesome new design. It's nice to be able to close the juice on a rebuildable, but I'm not sold on it. If it is going to add complexity and ruin an otherwise good tank, then ditch it. Who knows what OBS will do. They are not much different than other companies pushing products out the door and use the public as beta testers. They got a lot right. Just needs a little more work. Right now, the Griffin is a great Crius V2.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
OBS will either quietly fix the Crius, or offer a new one soon. My opinion is they need a new one now and claim an awesome new design. ... Who knows what OBS will do. They are not much different than other companies pushing products out the door and use the public as beta testers.
I know this is going to sound outrageous or unreasonable to some, perhaps many, but I don't take kindly to such abuse. I guess I'm just old school, but I believe manufacturers and sellers should stand behind their name.

Wetvapes has done that. Wetvapes will get more of my business.

OBS has so far failed to deliver. Until and unless they do: OBS will never again see any further business from me.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I know this is going to sound outrageous or unreasonable to some, perhaps many, but I don't take kindly to such abuse. I guess I'm just old school, but I believe manufacturers and sellers should stand behind their name.

OBS has so far failed to deliver. Until and unless they do: OBS will never again see any further business from me.
Well, companies will provide what ever the consumer will take. This hobby/industry has a proven track record of rushing products to market that are "good enough". "We" have a proven track record of buying as soon as it's offered. You as the consumer have full control of what you buy. It takes several good months to fully vet a product in the market. Don't buy anything that has less time than that with a proven record in wide spread use. Or anything V1 basically.

It's like arguing about term limits. We've had term limits for nearly 250 years. It's called election day.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
There's no Holy grail. There are a few good RTAs with some features that are good with some not for others. Crius does a lot right. Once you get it, or any RTA, you realize how small and silly RTAs are. Once I got the Griffin, I realized how small the Crius deck was. The Griffin is more than enough for most. OBS will either quietly fix the Crius, or offer a new one soon. My opinion is they need a new one now and claim an awesome new design. It's nice to be able to close the juice on a rebuildable, but I'm not sold on it. If it is going to add complexity and ruin an otherwise good tank, then ditch it. Who knows what OBS will do. They are not much different than other companies pushing products out the door and use the public as beta testers. They got a lot right. Just needs a little more work. Right now, the Griffin is a great Crius V2.
I second all of these points

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Well, companies will provide what ever the consumer will take. This hobby/industry has a proven track record of rushing products to market that are "good enough". "We" have a proven track record of buying as soon as it's offered.
Yeah, this is something I did not know. At the time I jumped on the Crius bandwagon I was still very, very new to vaping. Now I know better.

Still: Other than my first purchase (EVOD VV and disposable atty): The OBS Crius has been the only one I can say I truly regret. Oh: And the Mini iStick we bought for my wife. My bad. I had assumed that no modern box mod wouldn't do VW. So not so bad a track record. So far ;)

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, this is something I did not know. At the time I jumped on the Crius bandwagon I was still very, very new to vaping. Now I know better.

Still: Other than my first purchase (EVOD VV and disposable atty): The OBS Crius has been the only one I can say I truly regret. Oh: And the Mini iStick we bought for my wife. My bad. I had assumed that no modern box mod wouldn't do VW. So not so bad a track record. So far ;)
thanks to this forum the only purchases i regret
are all the damn ego batteries and i bought for 5 years. I was scared of trying anything else until I found this place and learned.

Since then I have gotten
2 istick 30s
kanger subtank mini and nano
maganus tank
crown tank
ipv 3li
ipv d2
koopor plus
and
my crius
lg he4s
lg hg2s
samsung 25rs
a nitecore charger
wire
cotton
rayon
nicotine
pg/vg
tons of flavors
other odds and ends

I have been happy with all my purchases and the price I paid for them AT THE TIME. Of course what I paid for the d2 when it was released I could've gotten 2 d3s right now

This place makes buying much easier when you can see all the reviews or lack there of.... ANd everyone posting deals and coupons make sit much cheaper

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I meant to say RBAs are silly once you get a good RTA. Stupid auto correct...
I'd take a good rta over an rba any day. But if they both suck then it's the crown with stock coils.
BTW: Still loving this Griffin. Nothing bad to report at all

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I'd take a good rta over an rba any day. But if they both suck then it's the crown with stock coils.
BTW: Still loving this Griffin. Nothing bad to report at all

until next week....lol

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
That's one thing I like about RDAs. You pretty much know, right out of the gate, what you have. Not real convenient of on the road, but I've become quite fond of them at home.

Hahahha. I still have mine but can't get that wicking right to save my life. May have to give it another try here in next day or two. To bad billows doesn't have velocity deck lolol

I have the same issues with my CRIUS but I do not see any cracks in the insulator. I did finally get the wicking on my Billow V2 figured out and it now works great! I also wish it had a Velocity style deck

I've been lurking this thread ever since I ordered a Crius tank last week. Needless to say I was expecting the worst...
Mine arrived without a cracked insulator.
I've been using it for the last four days without any leakage at all!! I've been leaving the juice control wide open at all times even when filling. I've put two builds in it already. Wicking has proven to be a bit tricky on that tiny deck.
In my haste a nabbed a Vaporesso Gemini tank that is expected to arrive in s couple days.
Keeping my fingers crossed that my Crius dosent develop any problems because I really like it.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
My replacement deck has but a single flaw, and that does not appear to go all the way across. I last rebuilt it... geez... a month ago or more? and it ran flawlessly ever since--until a couple nights ago. Then I saw a bit of seepage. This time it did appear to originate from the airflow ports. Just looked at it now and there's a very slight amount of moisture there--and that's after it having sat for two... three? days.

I'm probably going to sell it, but not because of that. I'm just finally settling down to what I think I like, and I think that's more RDAs than RTAs. If I do: I'll miss it for the ease of building on that deck, and for the ease of filling, though.

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Crius has been performing well. I honestly can't say the same for my Griffin.

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I am old school and it makes me mad when someone doesn't stand behind their products. Fix it and say what happen and make your current customers whole.
You get a lot of repeat business when you do those kind of things.
You know the old saying "Your word is your bond".

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

WARCHOP37

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do tell!!
I was debating on the Griffin but was turned off by the low capacity. Took a chance on the Gemini even though they didn't list how much juice it can hold.
Well, I know a lot of people have had no issues with their Griffins, have no leaks or dry hits, and are happy they can fit whatever exorbitant build they can in there and get a great vape, but I've experienced the opposite. Despite multiple attempts at wicking, building and redoing everything I could, I just had problem after problem with it. That's just me though. To each their own RTA.

My Crius, bless it's heart, was a PITA to begin with but hasn't leaked or wept since the Griffin showed up. It's been one of my more consistent and flavorful RTAs yet, and I don't need to get fancy to do it either. No Claptons, no super low ohm builds, just simple stainless steel verticals.

africamonk

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, I know a lot of people have had no issues with their Griffins, have no leaks or dry hits, and are happy they can fit whatever exorbitant build they can in there and get a great vape, but I've experienced the opposite. Despite multiple attempts at wicking, building and redoing everything I could, I just had problem after problem with it. That's just me though. To each their own RTA.

My Crius, bless it's heart, was a PITA to begin with but hasn't leaked or wept since the Griffin showed up. It's been one of my more consistent and flavorful RTAs yet, and I don't need to get fancy to do it either. No Claptons, no super low ohm builds, just simple stainless steel verticals.

I have the similar feeling... Not really into building massive coils for VW.... Liking it on TC simple builds .... Plus the deck takes away juice capacity... I dislike refilling at work...

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i know many had issues with the crius
but mine has been flawless form day 1
only issues was learning how to wick.

Now its not the perfect rta imho
its the only one I have
but it is great

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Well, I'm still playing around with my 2 Crius tanks partly because I don't have the money to buy another tank at the moment, and also, I really love the way this tank vapes! Here's the latest on my adventures with it. I had the same problem as most with these tanks, (weeping between the AFC/JFC) and I was about to give up on them until I got my hands on some cellucotton rayon, and re-wicked with it. I noticed that the weeping was greatly reduced with it, but was still there. The other day I took both down for cleaning and re-wicking and, this time, I removed the lower o-ring and gave the deck and o-ring along with the tank a good washing in hot water. I also pulled the o-ring at the fill cap up and cleaned it as best I could and re-seated it. I've yet to be able to break my tanks down any further for fear of breaking something or I would have done a complete teardown. Well, I hope I don't jinx myself, but after doing this I've vaped 3-4 tanks through each and they are as dry as a bone, no weeping at all. Not sure what if anything I might have done to cause this as I saw no trash or burrs on the deck, but I hope it keeps on staying this way. I'm back in love with this tank again and even feel comfortable taking it out and about with me now. Fingers crossed!:)

For those of you who vape on the Rx200 I have a decent solution to your AFC ring oozing. I put the spare o-ring that came with the crius (one for the top cap to glass tank) on the top of my mod and then screwed the tank down. It presses the AFC ring nice and snug up against the tank and eliminates the oozing effect.

Take the small o ring and put it on to the base. Stretch it over the juice holes. It makes the juice control ring harder to turn and stops the leaking. I am very sorry for my english i can take a picture later

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i dropped my crius on my koopor plus down a flight of steps
the glass shattered
replaced the glass
and now the afc ring portion has pulled slightly away from the body. the press fitting will not hold it tight now
so now i get a hair of seepage now
but still working great
]may be time to get a griffin

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
i dropped my crius on my koopor plus down a flight of steps
the glass shattered
replaced the glass
and now the afc ring portion has pulled slightly away from the body. the press fitting will not hold it tight now
so now i get a hair of seepage now
but still working great
]may be time to get a griffin
Well, I'm sorry to hear that, but Geekvape is coming out with a new, improved 25mm version in April, so the time is right for you to get on the Griffin bandwagon!

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Well, I'm sorry to hear that, but Geekvape is coming out with a new, improved 25mm version in April, so the time is right for you to get on the Griffin bandwagon!
my only concern is that 25mm will stick out on my mods I use a d2 a koopor plus and an 3li

VU Sponsors