Become a Patron!

OBS Crius

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Here is what may in fact be an over simplified way of looking at things. In general I think shorter, thinner drip tips, chimney, etc will produce more flavor because the Vape is more concentrated. Thicker, longer, etc produce more clouds. I'm sure there are exceptions, but in general that's what I find. Sort of why the mini versions of attys seem to be a tad better on the flavor front.

Cheers,
Steve
The length of a drip tip isn't that important. The only difference it will make, is the cooling of the vape. More important is the bore of the drip tip. A smaller bore can improve the flavor. However, it will restrict the airflow. Depending on the tank, or RDA, and the coil(s), a wide bore can reduce the flavor.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok out of curiosity
and since i wont be building until after xmas
is there a way to do a single coil build on this thing

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The length of a drip tip isn't that important. The only difference it will make, is the cooling of the vape. More important is the bore of the drip tip. A smaller bore can improve the flavor. However, it will restrict the airflow. Depending on the tank, or RDA, and the coil(s), a wide bore can reduce the flavor.

When I was referring to length, I was thinking more in terms of the chimney in mini versions of attys, like the mini Billow V2 compared to the standard. Heck it all probably makes more difference in our heads than in reality. I really think at most, the subtle differences don't amount to a whole Hell of a lot. Just an excuse to buy more shiny things :D.

Cheers,
Steve

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ok out of curiosity

I'm sure you probably could by plugging the juice channels/holes on one side but its definitely set up for dual coil.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
ok out of curiosity
No, it's a dual coil only. The Cthulhu V2 can do single, or double coil, it comes with the RBAs for either build.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
fe33635a9ae996420daf275ec3d5becc.jpg

This is a glass & aluminum tip from fasttech. Can't be beat for $2ish.

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My Crius will be here today! I have some claptons I wanna try. Think they'll fit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
fe33635a9ae996420daf275ec3d5becc.jpg

This is a glass & aluminum tip from fasttech. Can't be beat for $2ish.
:) That's one of those drip tips, I listed above. I prefer drip tips w/ double o-rings in general. The press fit I listed are excellent too! (First in the list)

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My Crius will be here today! I have some claptons I wanna try. Think they'll fit?

...depends on the size :rolleyes:

I've gotten Claptons into much smaller, but they were small claptons and/or small coils.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

Besides checking the coils to fit, make sure the screws on the post leave enough space as well. The only problem with that two post design.

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
...depends on the size :rolleyes:

I've gotten Claptons into much smaller, but they were small claptons and/or small coils.
6 wrap. I'll see tonight I reckon

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
sir does yours even seap between the AFC and piece above it? right in that little crease between the two?
I expect that was meant to be does liquid ever seep from the seam above the AFC? It should not. The only time I've ever had liquid escape from mine was when I over-filled the tank--leaving no room for liquid expansion from warming, Then I saw a little bit around the bottom of the tank--atop the mod, really. I carefully tilted some back into the bottle and the problem ceased.

Liquid seeping from that seam... There's an o-ring in the bottom of that piece, against which the tank glass seals, no? Perhaps if that wasn't 100%...?

dwalters719

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I see I will have to check that o-ring where the class sits at. hopefully that is a simple fix. its not a lot just curious.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine leaks, it just doesn't seep (it does that too). It pours out liquid.

I do have a cracked insulator, so I'm waiting to see if Cvapor will replace the base.

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine hasn't missed a beat. The only problem I had was getting the thing apart when I first got it. I noticed when I did get it apart the top clear (glass) oring fell out and I was fortunate enough to see it. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have never figured it out till later.

okeasykilla

Member For 5 Years
I'm thinking about buying the crius as my first rta. I then saw the Griffin by GeekVape. Looks like there's more room to build on the griffin. Any thoughts guys?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm thinking about buying the crius as my first rta. I then saw the Griffin by GeekVape. Looks like there's more room to build on the griffin. Any thoughts guys?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
Looks just like the crius velocity deck. Just minor aesthetics

dwalters719

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
it is true that more surface area more flavor and vapor correct.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
That is CS above and beyond, on Wetvapes' part.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It tried like hell to make a clapton. (26g & 28g) wire kept breaking. Triple twisted 28g, 6/7 wraps, 2-5mm bit, .16ohms. Flavor is outstanding
b78b9b41154ce55d9dc4ae923814b641.jpg
01c135913d5feac924021f6cb290994e.jpg

It's a real tight fit. If I had a 2mm bit i'da used it

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok im just collecting data for xmas day here when I can build
so its seems like for coils that use multiple wires 2mm is best on the crius??? Would most of you guys/gals agree?

what about simple single wire builds? what is th elargest ID you all find works best with the crius deck?

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
so its seems like for coils that use multiple wires 2mm is best on the crius??? Would most of you guys/gals agree?

what about simple single wire builds? what is th elargest ID you all find works best with the crius deck?
I had no issues with straight 24g on a 2.5mm bit

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Depends upon what works for you. The included coils are 2.5 mm and 2.5 mm is what I wound when I wound my own. (The originals are six turns. I did ten turns of 26 ga., which is pushing it, vis-a-vis clearance.)

what about simple single wire builds?
You cannot do a single-coil build on a Crius. They don't provide a way to block the 2nd air intake and set of juice channels.

Or are we talking about different things? Perhaps, by multiple vs. single you're talking about twisted or Clapton wire vs. plain old single-strand wire?

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You cannot do a single-coil build on a Crius. They don't provide a way to block the 2nd air intake and set of juice channels.

Sorry but your wrong, yes you can do single coil build, I did it and it worked well, I just really tightly packed the juice channels with cotton on the side with no coil, the only difference I made after the photo, was I blocked off the air hole with metal tape, as it was to airy with it left open like in the photo below. Air bubbles are only coming up from the side with the coil in it only.

ozJFAmy.jpg

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Sorry but your wrong, yes you can do single coil build, ...
Ok, yeah, you got me.

I can also make my car fly, with enough non-standard modification. My point was: As-shipped, the Crius does not conveniently provide for a single-coil build. Unlike, for example, the Bellus and Goblin Mini, each of which, like some other tanks, supply a convenient plug for one side.

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 3. Wife ordered 2 for me from wetvapes and I ordered one from eBay. Love them except 1 from WV has the old deck. Bummed.

916042be26f76f48ca485a171825f10a.jpg
96b031d77bd46064c134355d3dfd691c.jpg

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I have 3. Wife ordered 2 for me from wetvapes and I ordered one from eBay. Love them except 1 from WV has the old deck. Bummed.
I think I read somewhere that OBS would send you a new deck if you sent 'em your old one? Or are you talking standard vs. Velocity-style?

VaporCarp

#BlackRiflesMatter
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I read somewhere that OBS would send you a new deck if you sent 'em your old one? Or are you talking standard vs. Velocity-style?
Not sure about the new vs old. I didn't get the v3 velocity deck.

VU Sponsors