Become a Patron!

OBS Crius

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
26 g twisted ss 10 wraps at .14
629b294562c08d04eab9569eb2927fa8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That looks nice, that thing is gonna chuck!

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
That looks nice, that thing is gonna chuck!
It sure does. Had to take it off my vct mini because it was pushing 18 amps on a 20 amp battery and still wasn't at temp. It's on my ipv 3. LI now and killing it at 60 watts hahah

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
And what diameter. I have some 27 coming I was going to try and twist
Oh I forgot that detail. I had to use 2mm. Tried 2.5 but it ended up hitting the inner chimney and shorted.it's prob best with 8 wraps. This one is 9 and it does take a lot of power to get it going. I didn't feel safe with it on my single battery mod pushin 18+ amps so it's on my dual box now. One thing for sure, it sure makes the flavor pop right out. I'm. I'm considering dropping some percentages on my adv if I keep this build. It's almost too strong lolol

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Ok, yeah, you got me.

I can also make my car fly, with enough non-standard modification. My point was: As-shipped, the Crius does not conveniently provide for a single-coil build. Unlike, for example, the Bellus and Goblin Mini, each of which, like some other tanks, supply a convenient plug for one side.

Oh I agree, they should've added a plug to make it easy for people to do single coils, and think they would sell even more if they did, as seen some people put off because they don't want to do dual coils, and the vape even with my single coil build was really good too, still really good flavor.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Same here... Shame I had to go cheap sine money is tight.:(
Nothing wrong with that my friend. Money is tight here too, especially at this time of the year. I'd rather have to wait a bit for shipping and get what I really want, then order something I didn't really want because it's closer (faster shipping). Good things come to those who wait!

Happy Holidays,
Steve

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Oh I agree, they should've added a plug to make it easy for people to do single coils, and think they would sell even more if they did, as seen some people put off because they don't want to do dual coils, and the vape even with my single coil build was really good too, still really good flavor.
I haven't been put off by it. It's a nice tank in all respects.

I had originally purchased it with the thought of seeing if I could make it a good MTL RTA. I've learned some things--or think I have, anyway--and, based on those things, have come to the conclusion that, while it might be possible, if I try hard enough, to turn it into an "acceptable" MTA RTA, it'll never be a good MTL tank.

But that's ok, too, because I've since learned I kind of like direct inhale, anyway. And I've found the tank can produce nice density and flavour without a ton of watts and the accompanying massive clouds.

Right now I've got 10 turns of 26 ga. Kanthal in there. I'm still having problems getting the wicking where it needs to be. I think it needs less coil and more wick. But I'd like to keep the resistance higher, for less clouds and greater efficiency. So I'm going to have to get myself some 28 ga.

In the meantime: Maybe I'll try a build with that 26 ga. 316L stainless I have, and see how it does in TC.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

I had originally purchased it with the thought of seeing if I could make it a good MTL RTA. I've learned some things--or think I have, anyway--and, based on those things, have come to the conclusion that, while it might be possible, if I try hard enough, to turn it into an "acceptable" MTA RTA, it'll never be a good MTL tank.

But that's ok, too, because I've since learned I kind of like direct inhale, anyway. And I've found the tank can produce nice density and flavour without a ton of watts and the accompanying massive clouds.

Right now I've got 10 turns of 26 ga. Kanthal in there. I'm still having problems getting the wicking where it needs to be. I think it needs less coil and more wick. But I'd like to keep the resistance higher, for less clouds and greater efficiency. So I'm going to have to get myself some 28 ga.

In the meantime: Maybe I'll try a build with that 26 ga. 316L stainless I have, and see how it does in TC.
And what do mean when you say efficiency? That term is completely dependent on set boundaries.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh I forgot that detail. I had to use 2mm. Tried 2.5 but it ended up hitting the inner chimney and shorted.it's prob best with 8 wraps. This one is 9 and it does take a lot of power to get it going. I didn't feel safe with it on my single battery mod pushin 18+ amps so it's on my dual box now. One thing for sure, it sure makes the flavor pop right out. I'm. I'm considering dropping some percentages on my adv if I keep this build. It's almost too strong lolol

Thanks. That's what I was shooting for. Didn't think I could keep 2.5. I was going to give it a try keeping 7-8 wraps. Not real interested in Clapton. Just wanted to try twisted to try to hold a bit more juice over single. We'll see. If not, it will be single 24g.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

You're gonna like it

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Thanks. That's what I was shooting for. Didn't think I could keep 2.5. I was going to give it a try keeping 7-8 wraps. Not real interested in Clapton. Just wanted to try twisted to try to hold a bit more juice over single. We'll see. If not, it will be single 24g.
Sounds like a good plan. Before the twisted I was using single 24 g and it was great at 2.5 mm 9 wraps .18.

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
And what do mean when you say efficiency? That term is completely dependent on set boundaries.
It is. Loosely stated: Desirable vape with minimal expenditure of resources.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Sorry, just the energy guy in me. Resistive heating is very efficient. Carry on.

Last edited:

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Sorry, just the energy guy in me. Resistive heating is very efficient. Carry on.
Yes, but, depending upon design: Some tanks generate more or less, airier or denser vapor than others, with the same amount of power and juice consumed. Some produce more flavour than others. Example: Watch reviews of the Bellows v2 vs. the v2 Nano. Many remark that the latter, being identical in all respects save a 2 ml. smaller tank, produces much better flavour.

I suspect similar differences in "efficiency" can be realized w/in a given tank by optimizing coil, wicking and power.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Please just ignore what I'm saying... I was born like this... Pay no attention.... Efficiency is about energy. Energy in and out, converted to what you wanted, lost to what you don't. Flavor is subjective, air is increased or decreased.... Electrical energy is converted to thermal... All of it. 90+% minus some that doesn't heat juice... They are all very efficient. Performance is a different subject and subjective without direct measures.... See, I told you.... It's no fun. I really tried... Carry on. :)

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Please just ignore what I'm saying...
Performance is a different subject and subjective without direct measures....
No, you're right. Performance would've been a better word to use than efficiency.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Boilers are 85% efficient at converting chemical energy in to thermal energy out. Turbines are around 95% at converting thermal to mechanical. Generators can be 98% converting mechanical to electrical. Put the whole cycle together, and you only get 35% efficiency of all thermal plants at converting chemical energy in to electrical out. If you could solve that problem, you could buy Bill Gates 100 times over. (HINT: nobody can)

System boundaries and definitions matter when talking about efficiencies. Sorry, can't help it. I sought help, but they kicked me out... :)

Last edited:

Dark Laughter

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I like this tank a lot I just got it yesterday but for me it's a juice hog I feel I need to still carry a bottle of liquid with me and have had to refill it 4 times in one day, is it just me or have other people noticed this? keep in mind the only other RTA I have used is the Cthulhu and while it isn't the greatest (horrible Juice control ring and sketchy top fill) at least I feel comfortable just filling it once and going out for the day!!

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like this tank a lot I just got it yesterday but for me it's a juice hog I feel I need to still carry a bottle of liquid with me and have had to refill it 4 times in one day, is it just me or have other people noticed this? keep in mind the only other RTA I have used is the Cthulhu and while it isn't the greatest (horrible Juice control ring and sketchy top fill) at least I feel comfortable just filling it once and going out for the day!!
It's most definitely a juice drinker.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I own 2 of the V2's-although the v3 seems great, the deck is good enough for me on the V2 I will stick with them.

If I am honest, out of the Uwell crown, TFV4, and this-this is by far my favourite.

Got one in black, and one in SS, one at 0.3 and the other at 0.7 28G.
I've got the black n stainless. Strangely I like the look of stainless over the black. It's def not gloss black like the crown. More of a matte finish on the black. The stainless is actually a nicely polished look

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've got the black n stainless. Strangely I like the look of stainless over the black. It's def not gloss black like the crown. More of a matte finish on the black. The stainless is actually a nicely polished look

I agree with you. Do you also find the SS is easier to adjust the Airflow on-the rubbery finish of the black makes it very stiff, so stiff `i can only adjust it ON a device, I can not adjust it off of a device as due to the juice flow control, the whole base just spins, including the metal of the AFC so can only be adjusted on device.

Just wondered if thats just my one-or everyones is like that. It's not a problem, as I adjust airflow ON my devices, but I can not take my black one apart due to the rubber grip on the glass-the SS comes apart easy.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I agree with you. Do you also find the SS is easier to adjust the Airflow on-the rubbery finish of the black makes it very stiff, so stiff `i can only adjust it ON a device, I can not adjust it off of a device as due to the juice flow control, the whole base just spins, including the metal of the AFC so can only be adjusted on device.

Just wondered if thats just my one-or everyones is like that. It's not a problem, as I adjust airflow ON my devices, but I can not take my black one apart due to the rubber grip on the glass-the SS comes apart easy.
Wow how crazy. I thought my black was a bum unit because my ss is so much easier to spin. I was gonna send it back but apparently it's prob the black coating is causing some friction. I totally agree with you brother

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
So how much wick do you guys stuff in these things?

I originally had one of the included coils installed. Tried wicking with the included cotton and with Native Wicks. Native Wicks was way better, but I still got a lot of popping and snapping, and I couldn't go over about 40W w/o burning. Made my own coils (10 wraps of 26 ga. at 2.5 mm) and switched to Japanese organic cotton. Was better, at first, than worse than ever. Re-watched videos. Looked at @f1r3b1rd's earlier photos. Thought "Not enough wick." Scrunched the coils to make more room at the ends (tho there's still air between the turns), re-wicked. Used about 3/8" wide pieces of OC. Tried Real Hard to keep as much "fluff" up top as I could, with the minimum necessary in the juice channels.

It still ain't happenin' :(

I get good vapes, but... sometimes it *SNAP*s so violently vapour comes out the air intakes, and the juice in my tank has turned a bit dark from, what I assume to be, the "blow-back" thru the juice ports?

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
I use it thick up top and in the coil but then thin it way down as it enters the juice channels. I am able to Vape 60 watts easily. I will try to remember to snap a pic the next time I rewick. Just did it yesterday. Good luck man. I have found native wicks hold up better than rayon which was my favorite at the start of my Crius adventure

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So how much wick do you guys stuff in these things?

I originally had one of the included coils installed. Tried wicking with the included cotton and with Native Wicks. Native Wicks was way better, but I still got a lot of popping and snapping, and I couldn't go over about 40W w/o burning. Made my own coils (10 wraps of 26 ga. at 2.5 mm) and switched to Japanese organic cotton. Was better, at first, than worse than ever. Re-watched videos. Looked at @f1r3b1rd's earlier photos. Thought "Not enough wick." Scrunched the coils to make more room at the ends (tho there's still air between the turns), re-wicked. Used about 3/8" wide pieces of OC. Tried Real Hard to keep as much "fluff" up top as I could, with the minimum necessary in the juice channels.

It still ain't happenin' :(

I get good vapes, but... sometimes it *SNAP*s so violently vapour comes out the air intakes, and the juice in my tank has turned a bit dark from, what I assume to be, the "blow-back" thru the juice ports?
I use ko gen do. I work it like a Scottish roll, but don't use a big roll, & trim the ends really good. I've had zero problems vaping any wattage

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I somehow wicked mine perfect the first time I wicked it, then on a rewick it kicked my butt. Yesterday I rewicked mine about 4 or 5 times until I got it right again. The trick for me is to put it thick going through the coil and then fluffing up the cotton (Muji) and trimming it basically to a point and only going into the juice hole enough to see the tip of it from the hole the juice goes in, no more dry hits or popping. The cotton where it goes into the juice well just barely fills it and has worked great for me without flooding.

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I will add I normally vape around 25 watts on mine but that is because my DIY likes it there for the best flavor and I am running dual micro coils at .58 ohms. I can run it up to 50-60watts and it will vape without a dry hit but burns my juice to no flavor.

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Wow how crazy. I thought my black was a bum unit because my ss is so much easier to spin. I was gonna send it back but apparently it's prob the black coating is causing some friction. I totally agree with you brother

My 2 black ones spin easy. Sounds like QC problems. I'm going to start another thread...

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Ahh wow, its not just me. It is all the black tanks-its a bit annoying isn't it, but not a deal breaker for these GREAT tanks. Only thing is we are already up to V3, will a new version be released every month just to make money lmao :)

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My 2 black ones spin easy. Sounds like QC problems. I'm going to start another thread...
Hmm, OK , some that spin OK and some that dont-does yours spin ok OFF of a vapouriser? like can you adjust airflow with it not connected to a mod? Once on the mod it turns fine-its just off of the mod the ring is easy enough to spin, but due to its design the AFC ring also spins inside, unless something is holding the 510 pin like a screwdriver or on my mod.

If you can, I also suspect QC, my black one was from the first batch of V2's so could be why.

EDIT: Sorry its hard to word this, It spins with a easy amount of resistance, but due to the way its designed the rubber finish makes the AFC ring spin WITH the rubber coating, not allowing you to adjust airflow unless on the mod. It turns easy enough-just the whole base spins as well due to the Juice flow control being gripped by the rubbery finish.

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
Ahh wow, its not just me. It is all the black tanks-its a bit annoying isn't it, but not a deal breaker for these GREAT tanks. Only thing is we are already up to V3, will a new version be released every month just to make money lmao :)
It's not a big concern as it still works great. Just different from my ss version

Powerman

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Hmm, OK , some that spin OK and some that dont-does yours spin ok OFF of a vapouriser? like can you adjust airflow with it not connected to a mod? Once on the mod it turns fine-its just off of the mod the ring is easy enough to spin, but due to its design the AFC ring also spins inside, unless something is holding the 510 pin like a screwdriver or on my mod.

If you can, I also suspect QC, my black one was from the first batch of V2's so could be why.

EDIT: Sorry its hard to word this, It spins with a easy amount of resistance, but due to the way its designed the rubber finish makes the AFC ring spin WITH the rubber coating, not allowing you to adjust airflow unless on the mod. It turns easy enough-just the whole base spins as well due to the Juice flow control being gripped by the rubbery finish.
I don't know if I should post it here too. I'll explain in my other thread.

MercuryVaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have yet to get one of these. I was looking at some pics of the V3 deck. I see the grub screws can thread all the way through. I thought they made it solid so that wire won't get clipped. Anybody have any issues with V3 clipping wire?

TheVapingDevil

`Vape It All Up!!!!!!
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Vape Media
When using either 24 or 26 ss no problems. It will cut 26 titanium if you crank it down

Squonk

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't had any problems with 26 ga. Kanthal on mine. I don't rag on the screws, but I do snug 'em down with a bit of authority.
Same here. I'm thinking of getting some 25ga Kanthal. I have a feeling that's what most of the coils are made with that come with most authentic RTAs.

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
26g kanthal is my preferred. No issues cutting the leads so far and I feel like I crank them in pretty hard. Its very nice as Im used to the billow2 and how easily that cuts even 26g. I tried 28 on my buddys and no thx on that lul, mission failed.

cjax

Member For 4 Years
So got mine the other day from ft finally. Was being lazy so it sat on the kitchen table for a couple days, also I'm waiting on my new asolo mod and wanted to try them out together, but that seems to be stuck in NY.

Set it up with the supplied coils and cotton it came with (again, being lazy). Vertical dual coils. Came out to .3 last night (since it's gone up, now showing .5 on the sigelei 100w). Really nice vape. I'm more a flavor than cloud guy but both were in ample supply.

It wasn't till today when i really started to appreciate this little beauty. Coil and wick had settled I nicely, but best of all when the tank was empty i didn't have to take my atty off my mod to fill it. The design of this thing is awesome! Great top fill method, more air than i need, and a juice control that puts the rose and the aqua to shame!

Love this beauty. I'll definitely be ordering another, this time in black.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Got the velocity deck in today.I'm quite impressed. I'm guessing its the fact that can mount the coils highé than in the traditional deck. whatever it is, I dig it!

vuJim

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Heads up, vapers: Think twice before buying a Crius. Or perhaps any OBS product: OBS Crius problems

OBS' position is reportedly that they will not take care of customers with defective product.

VU Sponsors