Become a Patron!

OBS Engine 2 RTA

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Engine 2 RTA from OBS, The OBS Engine 2 RTA was kindly supplied for the purpose of this review by Evan from Heaven Gifts.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/OBS-...2-RTA.html

Introduction

The OBS Engine 2 RTA is an upgrade to the very popular OBS Engine RTA. A duel coil RTA that has large capacity, top airflow, air circulation system and hopefully a leak-proof design. Much of the outside appearance stays the same as it was on the original so lets see how the OBS Engine 2 RTA stacks up against its predecessor.

In the Box

Contents:

1x Engine 2 RTA
1x Spare Glass Tube
2x Coils
1x Cotton Pad
1x Spare Parts
1x User Manual

Aesthetics

The Engine 2 comes in cardboard packaging, once removing the sleeve you are left with a box with an open side which has a draw inserted. Sliding this drawer out reveals the Engine 2 one side and a box containing everything else the other, it's very well presented. I received the Silver version, it's also available in Black (According to the packaging it will also be soon available in Rainbow, Green, Orange, Blue, Red and Gold), it has a diameter at the base of 25mm but tapers out making the main tank 26mm and height of 56mm (so not over tall) it's a fair size but not huge and will look good on most devices catering for 25mm atty's. The top of the tank is stepped to accommodate both the side-fill system and top airflow. The lower section has some texturing and "OBS" engraved into the steel, the section above this we have the tri airflow slots without stopper, this section has identical slight texturing. The top of the tank is finished off with a very nice resin wide bore 510 drip tip which has a bottom ridge to sit nicely on top of the tank. The air chamber has "Engine II" engraved on in fancy font one side and an engraved symbol the opposite. The bottom section is tapered outwards and has heavy texturing, on the base we have etched branding and safety stamps, finally the 510 pin is gold plated and protrudes nicely. The Engine 2 is extremely good build quality with all resistances and threading spot-on.

Engine 2 Specs and Features:

Height: 56mm
Outside Diameter: 26mm
Capacity: 5ml
Type: Dual Coil RTA
Drip tip: 510
Super dual coil RTA without leakage
Patented top side filling system
360 degree top adjustable airflow control
Precise design of air circulation system
Easy two posts build deck
High quality 304 Stainless Steel construction
Thread: 510 thread
Colours: Black, Silver

The Airflow

The airflow is my favourite kind bottom via top, the air comes through the tri air flow slots and down the outer wall of the top section. The air chamber is doubled walled which gives it a cavity, it also has a stepped bottom, the air travels down the air chamber cavity and gets directed to the air outlets on the deck which are large outlets underneath the coils. The air then slams into the bottom and around the sides of the coils as it travels upwards. The stepped bottom of the inner wall is to line up the airflow system properly with the deck, when you start to screw the base back onto the tank you will feel the deck slot into place before the the tank tightens up fully.

The Deck

The deck see's the biggest change from the original engine, which does make it a bit of a tricky build but not as tricky as i thought it would be as it's mainly just getting use to something new. The deck has 2 elevated posts, each with 2 open post voids for fitting your legs as you hang your coils upside down. I found it easier to hang the coils down straight but lower than i needed to give me scope to lift up and outwards once the legs were secured. The Philips head screws are to the outside of the posts so very easy to get to, i usually cut my legs to size before fitting but with this deck you need long legs to help hold the coils in position while tightening. The unwanted leg lengths are above the posts so are very easy to snip once in place. There are 4 juice ports (one for each end of cotton) and as long as you don't pack these ports with cotton i fail to see how you can go wrong, unlike the build which was a bit tricky, wicking is a breeze.

Filling the tank

The Engine 2 like the original has a quick side-fill system which makes filling the tank very easy. The main top section underneath the airflow control section can be pulled upwards to reveal a large side fill port. The tank holds 5ml of juice and once filled simply push the ring back down in position which to my great pleasure saw no e-juice escaping, un-messy and quick.

Performance

I used the supplied fused claptons and my buid came out at 0.18 so i knew i would be vaping at higher wattage than i normally do by choice. At 0.18 i would usually be reluctantly going about 60w but i actually ended up at 80w with the Engine 2 and even then the vape was only warm not hot at all. The cloud was very impressive but more importantly the flavour was awesome. Being a champion of the Zeus, firstly the single coil version and more recently the dual it would take something very special to top them. Although after just one build i am not going to commit to saying the Engine 2 gives better flavour, if it doesn't it's damn close. I will put dislikes for the tank but i'm being a bit petty, i prefer a stopper on the airflow and it is a bit of a tricky build but the rewards are worth it. The only other thing to mention is despite slight noise the airflow is very smooth, i am not going to put the noise down as a dislike because it's more of a smooth purr which i actually quite like.

Conclusion

A great RTA rivalling the Zeus Dual too early and too close a call to say which one is giving better flavour.

Very good build quality
Excellent threading
Top to Bottom Airflow
Side-fill
Awesome flavour
Dense cloud
Tri airflow slots
Easy wicking
5ml Capacity
No Leaking

Dislikes

Build a bit tricky
No stopper on airflow

I would once again like to thank Evan from Heaven Gifts for supplying the OBS Engine 2 RTA for the purpose of this review.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/OBS-...2-RTA.html

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
I am enjoying my E2 very much, such an improvement compared to the original. Hoping for a Nano II soon. Good write up Tim and I agree easier build than anticipated.

VU Sponsors