Become a Patron!

OBS engine II coming soon

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Looks like May 2ND is the release date. Curious to see what changes they make to the airflow design.

Last edited:

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I can't find anything on the internet outside of what was posted on instagram. Come on OBS, throw us another crumb to nibble on!

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can't find anything on the internet outside of what was posted on instagram. Come on OBS, throw us another crumb to nibble on!
I know seriously - I just want to know it it’s single or dual coil. Having discontinued the engine nano, I think it’s probably a single coil

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I know seriously - I just want to know it it’s single or dual coil. Having discontinued the engine nano, I think it’s probably a single coil
Wouldn't be surprised if they discontinued the Nano because there's another in the works. I'd bet the engine stays dual coil to compete with the other dual coil top airflow rtas.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
That’s a great point - then I’m excited about the next nano
Same here. Very interested to see what design changes they come up with for the airflow configuration.

The Engine really needs a reconfiguration. The air hitting the coil from the top wasn't the best design... but it worked.

Roadtrip635

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have all the Engines, so I'm interested to see what they've done for the Engine 2. I would like to see a single coil, but in the size of the Engine Mini..

heateris

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Deck looks like it might be more trouble then it’s worth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jr779

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That’s pretty unique looking and a neat concept. I don’t do dual coils so it’s not for me

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm down for something like this. Coiling would take a little getting used to but doesn't look bad at all. Major upgrade on the airflow configuration. I like it, alot. Thanks for posting this KP!

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Forgot to mention another thing I like. Say goodbye to hot coil legs burning the cotton. Not gonna happen with this design. Also going to be a piece of cake cutting the leads too.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
inspired by dead rabbit?

通过我的 MI 5 上的 Tapatalk发言
Umm no

Looks nothing just that deck. Those are two completely different configurations.

Is there a DR I don't know about? If not yeah totally different

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Looking a little deeper into this it gives nano lovers some insight into what the Nano 2 will look like. Same mounting design with only only two mounting screws and the posts slide over to one side of the deck with the coil mounted dead center and probably a bigger singular airflow slot leading to the coil.

Have a feeling the Nano 2 will be an absolute killer!

Have they actually announced a nano2 mate or are you future gazing in the crystal ball?

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Have they actually announced a nano2 mate or are you future gazing in the crystal ball?
Nope not yet. Was the same with the OG tho so I'm hopeful. The new Kaees Solomon 2 single coil looks intriguing as well. IIRC the OG had pretty good reviews.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Nope not yet. Was the same with the OG tho so I'm hopeful. The new Kaees Solomon 2 single coil looks intriguing as well. IIRC the OG had pretty good reviews.

good to hear got the Solomon 2 on route for review! haven’t managed to find any pics on it yet except for the outside (guess it’ll be a surprise) I’m really starting to like these top airflow atties for work ...they are so much less hassle, The Horus and Themis are now the ones to beat for me.

What does IIRC and OG actually stand for? Haha see them pop up a bit I’ve just been making up what they mean

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
What does IIRC and OG actually stand for? Haha see them pop up a bit I’ve just been making up what they mean
If I remember correctly and original. I had to look both up the first time I saw them too. The urban dictionary comes in handy for this old lady.

Not in English but you can eyeball the deck. I'm on the fence with the one sided af but remember you plugged your Nano so I'm keeping an open mind.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
If I remember correctly and original. I had to look both up the first time I saw them too. The urban dictionary comes in handy for this old lady.

Not in English but you can eyeball the deck. I'm on the fence with the one sided af but remember you plugged your Nano so I'm keeping an open mind.
:blowkiss: Ahh ok so looks like the Zeus dual coil opening on one side

Haha you hated that plugging method though didn’t you? I still use that method now

Still need to get hold of that Zethisda or whatever it’s called from Asmodus...waiting for it to be restocked at the normal place I buy from :wait:

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
:blowkiss: Ahh ok so looks like the Zeus dual coil opening on one side

Haha you hated that plugging method though didn’t you? I still use that method now

Still need to get hold of that Zethisda or whatever it’s called from Asmodus...waiting for it to be restocked at the normal place I buy from :wait:
Did you get any nips yet? I skipped the Zenthia, not a fan of jfc. Pretty rta tho. And yes I didn't make it past an hour or two with the plug.:giggle:

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Did you get any nips yet? I skipped the Zenthia, not a fan of jfc. Pretty rta tho. And yes I didn't make it past an hour or two with the plug.:giggle:

Hahaha ...well we shall see the one sided airflow works fine on the Horus, see how it does on the Solomon 2

Not yet I’m keeping an eye out for the tall trinity nip tip my end. I really don’t want to pay import from the US, it’s frankly a joke and I end up ranting for days if I pay it, to the point my wife chucks something at me. I can’t help it, it’s like a dog barking at the door when someone knocks ...they can’t help that either

Maybe I need one of those electric collars (she’ll love that):giggle:

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Psychic friends network dude! Sheesh... :p

OK, seriously. I am assuming based on my previous experience in manufacturing. When a successful product is discontinued, it's because that "assembly line " is being retooled for the next model. This has already happened with the Engine being discontinued and then an announcement of the Engine 2. The Nano was also discontinued and was so popular I think there's no chance OBS doesn't make a Nano 2. Also, look at the trend of consumer interest in single coil attys. OBS isn't going to pass that up. The original Nano made it's debut about four months or so after the engine launched so give it time and we'll find out.;)

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Psychic friends network dude! Sheesh... :p

OK, seriously. I am assuming based on my previous experience in manufacturing. When a successful product is discontinued, it's because that "assembly line " is being retooled for the next model. This has already happened with the Engine being discontinued and then an announcement of the Engine 2. The Nano was also discontinued and was so popular I think there's no chance OBS doesn't make a Nano 2. Also, look at the trend of consumer interest in single coil attys. OBS isn't going to pass that up. The original Nano made it's debut about four months or so after the engine launched so give it time and we'll find out.;)

Hahaha look at you go!

Shit what else are they coming out with?

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Noticed the crius 2 dual coil get pretty hot under the base as well ...but then I was running monster coils in it so it’s kind of expected... Something to keep an eye out for for sure

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yeah I kinda think heat buildup comes with the territory on dual coil rtas, it's the biggest reason why I prefer single coil. Dual coils trapped in a small space is bound to build up heat fast. My experience with them is limited but I have yet to try one that didn't get warm quickly. But they aren't as bad as my Goon rda, the base of that little shit gets hot fast!

But hey, that's why we have multiple mods and attys. One gets warm, set it down and grab another.:D

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
I want an engine so bad. That or the nano. I also want a zues. I want to get into single coil tanks. I hated tanks until I found amazing rta's.

I think a nano or zues would be right there.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Lmfao why are you talking to Crowley!? Asking for an extra 1 inch pinch were we?
I am very much into occult, paranormal, and demonology.

Vaping, Bass fishing, pacts with Lucifer.. it's all in a day's work.

Seriously tho, anything paranormal I love.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I am very much into occult, paranormal, and demonology.

Vaping, Bass fishing, pacts with Lucifer.. it's all in a day's work.

Seriously tho, anything paranormal I love.

You into supernatural (the series) as well? That’s where that one was from haha

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Kinda surprised that OBS does not have anything up on their website yet about the Engine 2. Really want to see an actual build in the rta and not a stick figure caveman drawing. Come on OBS, WTF! :giggle:
I know. You'd think manufacturer's would be at least 1 of the first to have it detailed on their websites.

VU Sponsors