Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
This post design might be pretty easy to coil actually. With slots for the legs, it may be that leg tension could hold the coil while you adjust leg length and snip without so much concern for holding the coil in place. Tighten then pull it over. And if the AF holes are big enough to allow air up both sides of coil, that would be a plus. Seems to be a lot in the way of upwards AF tho, and not really a straight shot up the chimney.
E2.png

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
This post design might be pretty easy to coil actually. With slots for the legs, it may be that leg tension could hold the coil while you adjust leg length and snip without so much concern for holding the coil in place. Tighten then pull it over. And if the AF holes are big enough to allow air up both sides of coil, that would be a plus. Seems to be a lot in the way of upwards AF tho, and not really a straight shot up the chimney.
View attachment 109866

In addition bet condensation collects on those posts it’ll either end in spitting or moist vape hoping the later :D

YooVonny

Member For 4 Years
Maybe Im just not understanding,,somebody please explain how anything about the deck can improve the engine's piss poor air flow design ?
In order to get air to flow up past the coils, does it not first have to start from below them ?
The engine's air flow is akin to dropping a cigarette in a bottle and trying to suck smoke out across the top of it.
While I only have a hand full of atty's and have only been vaping 16 months, buying an engine ranks as one of my greater disappointments ...

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
In order to get air to flow up past the coils, does it not first have to start from below them ?
It does start below the coils.
Using a straw as an analogy, if your pulling through the straw, the open end is where the air comes from, and it doesn't matter which way the straw is pointed. Up or down, it's still starts and the open end of the straw.

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Using a straw as an analogy, if your pulling through the straw, the open end is where the air comes from, and it doesn't matter which way the straw is pointed. Up or down, it's still starts and the open end of the straw.
Yeah, this design is a vast improvement over the first engine's airflow design. The first Engine just dropped air in from the top of the chamber so coil placement was absolutely critical to get flavor. I went through it with the Wotofo Sapor dual coil which had the exact same problem due to the air coming down from the top of the chamber just like the first Engine.

Going by the posted pics, only real potential problem I see is possibly turbulence ( as you've already pointed out) due to some of the air that flows up from the inside of the coils hitting the posts. Going to depend on how much space is between the posts. If the space between the posts is equivalent to the width of the airflow slot under the coil it should be OK. We'll know more once better pics come out and then videos.:)

YooVonny

Member For 4 Years

Ah,,yes,,but that really has nothing to do with what I said.

On the engine, both the intake and withdrawal are side by side and at the same level, at the top of the coil chamber. Air, like most things, will take the path of least resistance. There is nothing to cause air to actually drop below and circulate past the coil.

Unless your saying that you can tell from a pic of the new base plate, that the intake side air is contained in a separate tube (straw) and extended all the way to the base plate before it's released. A tube in a tube so to speak.
I'm just not seeing that from a pic of just a base plate,,,but my poor old 50something mechanical engineers eyes could well be at fault too...

Cheers, YV

YooVonny

Member For 4 Years
The airflow is there at the bottom on the deck ...when you screw down the chamber it’ll connect to the inlet there and seal it up creating bottom airflow by looks of it
The airflow is there at the bottom on the deck ...when you screw down the chamber it’ll connect to the inlet there and seal it up creating bottom airflow by looks of it

Ok,my bad,,I see it now. It does seem like its built to take a double wall chamber..
Air flow to the base and exiting those angled sections.
I should have pulled it up on the computer instead of just my phone to start with..
Should be a major improvement over the first one.
Cheers, VY

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Ok,my bad,,I see it now. It does seem like its built to take a double wall chamber..
Air flow to the base and exiting those angled sections.
I should have pulled it up on the computer instead of just my phone to start with..
Should be a major improvement over the first one.
Cheers, VY
:cheers:

St.Roostifer

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I liked it it was funny. Wick it like you just don't care! Haphazard, brutal wicking.........lol :giggle:
I found that funny as well. :teehee: Tim looked like he was kinda holding back on his excitement but looked impressed so far. Looking forward to a full review from him when he's finished tinkering with the new engine 2.

Those large wicking channels should make wicking more user friendly with a broader margin for error. Would be nice to vape on something where the wicking is less tedious than say, the nano or the Zeus rtas.

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have the OBS Engine 2 and I love it, flavor is much better than the original, although you could get flavor building high up but then you got that vape soup effect, you dont with this one. Love the airflow and draw, it's an absolute joy to use. I see some building it wrong, bring the coil down lower and then pull out over the airflow, think of an upside down Reload RTA.

I'll post some pics when I get up.

Does it have the flavor of the the Aqua Reboot, not quite but it ain't far off.

Probably my No1 RTA as of now.

Last edited:

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My views on the Engine 2 RTA.....

Is this more tricky to build than a standard velocity or postless????...... absolutely but not too bad.

I found, grab your bit, in my case, a 3mm bit and put the back leg it first, I used a screwdriver to help get the front leg in and then bend them slightly so they stayed in place, position the the coil and tighten down the front leg, push the coil out over the airflow making sure it's level and tighten down the back leg, repeat.

I used my usual 3mm NI80 3 core Aliens

Careful with the screws, I can see these stripping and I will probably replace them at some point.

I actually found the original Engine a bit of a pain to wick, too much it would dry hit, not enough and it was spitback city. The Engine 2 is much more forgiving and wicks way better than the original, it's the biggest difference in the tank, apart from the airflow.

I bow tie my wicks and tuck them in and gently pull them out slightly, juice them up ect and jobs a good un..

Wicking like a dream, no spitback, a very saturated vape, more so than the original, it really is a big difference.

pic host

Paired it with the Matte Black (bye bye green splatter) Tesla Wye, they match perfect against the matte black tank.

Overall vape.....

As I said earlier, the first thing I noticed was the vape was very saturated, I was waiting for the spitback but it never came, not even on the first pull, bubbles came up and it was wicking fine and still is. Second thing I noticed was the smooth draw, a very satisfying vape, it does have a swooshy noise but I like it, wide open it's the perfect draw for me.

The bottom airflow actually works, much better than the Juggerknot RTA does, it kind of reminds me of the reload RTA the way the airflow hole shapes the coil, for a top airflow, this is without a doubt the best dual coil RTA out right now.

The flavor is very good, nothing to complain about, it beats the original and a lot of others I could mention, is it as good as the Aqua Reboot, no but it's not far off and I'll take this tank any day, for the simple fact of it doesn't leak and just the overall vape.

I was a bit unsure about the bottom being 24.5mm and coming out to 26mm but you can hardly notice it, it's a much better looking tank and thankfully that cage is gone that used to trap the juice, you engine guys n gals know what I mean. There is less seepage from the side fill too, there is a groove in it that stops most of it. I also noticed that the deck is a bit thicker, it doesn't get as hot as the original one did, my coils are quite chunky and even though you can pump a bit more power through the coils as the airflow cools the coil off a bit more, the deck stays pretty cool.

OBS knocked it out the park with this one, yeah it's a bit of a PITA to build on but well well worth it, I have no problem recommending this to anyone.

Awesome RTA.

Rixsta

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
My views on the Engine 2 RTA.....

Is this more tricky to build than a standard velocity or postless????...... absolutely but not too bad.

I found, grab your bit, in my case, a 3mm bit and put the back leg it first, I used a screwdriver to help get the front leg in and then bend them slightly so they stayed in place, position the the coil and tighten down the front leg, push the coil out over the airflow making sure it's level and tighten down the back leg, repeat.

I used my usual 3mm NI80 3 core Aliens

Careful with the screws, I can see these stripping and I will probably replace them at some point.

I actually found the original Engine a bit of a pain to wick, too much it would dry hit, not enough and it was spitback city. The Engine 2 is much more forgiving and wicks way better than the original, it's the biggest difference in the tank, apart from the airflow.

I bow tie my wicks and tuck them in and gently pull them out slightly, juice them up ect and jobs a good un..

Wicking like a dream, no spitback, a very saturated vape, more so than the original, it really is a big difference.

pic host

Paired it with the Matte Black (bye bye green splatter) Tesla Wye, they match perfect against the matte black tank.

Overall vape.....

As I said earlier, the first thing I noticed was the vape was very saturated, I was waiting for the spitback but it never came, not even on the first pull, bubbles came up and it was wicking fine and still is. Second thing I noticed was the smooth draw, a very satisfying vape, it does have a swooshy noise but I like it, wide open it's the perfect draw for me.

The bottom airflow actually works, much better than the Juggerknot RTA does, it kind of reminds me of the reload RTA the way the airflow hole shapes the coil, for a top airflow, this is without a doubt the best dual coil RTA out right now.

The flavor is very good, nothing to complain about, it beats the original and a lot of others I could mention, is it as good as the Aqua Reboot, no but it's not far off and I'll take this tank any day, for the simple fact of it doesn't leak and just the overall vape.

I was a bit unsure about the bottom being 24.5mm and coming out to 26mm but you can hardly notice it, it's a much better looking tank and thankfully that cage is gone that used to trap the juice, you engine guys n gals know what I mean. There is less seepage from the side fill too, there is a groove in it that stops most of it. I also noticed that the deck is a bit thicker, it doesn't get as hot as the original one did, my coils are quite chunky and even though you can pump a bit more power through the coils as the airflow cools the coil off a bit more, the deck stays pretty cool.

OBS knocked it out the park with this one, yeah it's a bit of a PITA to build on but well well worth it, I have no problem recommending this to anyone.

Awesome RTA.

Rixsta
:blowkiss:

Rixsta

People's Reviewer
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine shipped yesterday, along with an aqua reboot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Both great RTA's, have to give the edge for flavor to the Reboot but you have to get the wicking bang on or it will leak, I class myself as a experienced builder, build and wick everyday in my shop but mine leaked the first time I wicked it and even when I mailed it, it still collected in the airflow over time.
The Engine is a different story, never leaks, no spitback, very easy to wick but harder to mount your coils. This is my go to tank everyday, infact, it's all I really vape on now. So much so, I bought another one.

VU Sponsors