Become a Patron!

OBS Engine question

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Has anyone figured out how to take it apart? Specifically, remove the glass so it can be replaced? I can't for the life of me get it apart and I'm afraid of messing with it too hard for fear of breaking it.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unscrew.
There are tabs in the chamber shown in the pic, they may be "grabbing".
Just turn it.
If it breaks, you can have mine.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Unscrew.
There are tabs in the chamber shown in the pic, they may be "grabbing".
Just turn it.
If it breaks, you can have mine.

Thanks, I'll give it a shit in a few. And if it breaks, I'll take you up on that. ;)

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Success! Although, credit where it's due, my hubby got it off for me. I couldn't figure it out. I kept turning the center part with the notched thingies and it just kept spinning and spinning for like 5 friggin minutes. He's smarter than the average bear (or at least me) and he got it off pretty quickly.

It looks much better with the new glass in person, but the drawback is I can't see how much juice is in the tank now. :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

20170727_194524.jpg
20170727_195046.jpg

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks AWESOME!
It is worth not being able to see how much juice ya have.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I may take a black Sharpie and color in the silver lines on the top. Not quite sure yet. :)

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Looks like I need to get a black Sharpie. Can't find it. I can find every other color in the house, just not the black one. lol

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Try a dark blue.
Once it dries go over it with a dark purple.
When the light shines through the glass it has a dark purple tint so it'll match the glass.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The closest I have is a dark purplish/blue. I think it'll suffice until I can get a black one. :)

20170727_205823.jpg

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Even though I never really cared for that tank much, it sure does look nice on that etaliens.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Even though I never really cared for that tank much, it sure does look nice on that etaliens.

I really like it. I've got 3 of them now. Dead easy to build for, simple to wick, good flavor and absolutely leak-proof, even when I'm laying in bed in the middle of the night. :)

Bigjay1978

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Success! Although, credit where it's due, my hubby got it off for me. I couldn't figure it out. I kept turning the center part with the notched thingies and it just kept spinning and spinning for like 5 friggin minutes. He's smarter than the average bear (or at least me) and he got it off pretty quickly.

It looks much better with the new glass in person, but the drawback is I can't see how much juice is in the tank now. :giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

View attachment 88090
View attachment 88091
Sweet mod.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just ordered these. Should be here on Sunday. Says they are super permanent, withstands temps up to 500 degrees.

81Z70gKXU8L._SL1500_.jpg

VU Sponsors