VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Remember the Vaping mouse study:

Exposure to Electronic Cigarettes Impairs Pulmonary Anti-Bacterial and Anti-Viral Defenses in a Mouse Model?

http://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0116861

Well....

"In other words, to obtain the same exposure in humans the e-cig user should take 11000 – 13000 puffs per day. Assuming 8 hours of sleep per day, in order to acquire such a high number of puffs e-cig users would need to take 11-13 puffs per minute and thus practically take an e-cig puff with each breath."

http://www.plosone.org/annotation/listThread.action?root=85496

Since no Vaper will ever take 11000 to 13000 puffs per day this study was a huge waste of funding and pure bullshit - 5150

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Most every time they use mice or rats, as a "comparison" for human consumptions, they feed the rats or mice something ridiculous that human would NOT put in themselves.

And besides, it's a RAT or a MOUSE. It's not a human. It's reaction to the given stimuli will likely be different than a human would.

Who the hell could take THAT many puffs in a day? I chain vape at times, and don't think I have done over 2000 puffs in a day.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mouse and Rat studies are one the most typical things that mass media blows out of proportion.

I remember a long while ago they did a similar report on the L-Tryptophan found in turkey. They fed a mouse an excessive amount and it slipped into a coma and died, the media went on about how L-Tryptophan killed a mouse. Turkey sales suffered that year because people who were gullible believed it. The media, likely for the sake of ratings and having a 'hit story', conveniently left out the fact that that average person would have to eat 200+ pounds of turkey at once to get enough L-Tryptophan to die. And eating 200 pounds of *anything* at once would kill you.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Lets just start testing on politicians and have done with it.

They do posses human bodies, tissues and organs.

And if something goes south, they will not be missed.

josemarcquez

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lets just start testing on politicians and have done with it.

They do posses human bodies, tissues and organs.

And if something goes south, they will not be missed.
Yeah. But i do wonder about the effectiveness of doing these, though.

VU Sponsors