Become a Patron!

Official Billow RTA thread

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Didn't see a thread committed to the great Billow RTA's so decided to start one...Open to all discussions pertaining to the Billow RTA's (V1, V2, V2 nano, V2.5, V3, V3 Plus)

I currently own the V1, V2 and the V3 Plus...All are very good tanks for me so far and I plan to own them all...Considering I have 4 V2,s im opting to purchase just the v2 nano kit for $7 to convert one of my standard v2's into a nano version.

The V1 was my go to tank for the good part of 1 year if not longer..Not huge air flow but a decent amount of vapor and good flavor for me personally...My second tank was the V2 and i was happy to see the added air flow; a welcome addition...The V2 nano I would expect maybe a flavor increase but a considerable amount of less juice capacity will be a negative for me to consider as a grab and go tank without bringing more ejuice with me.

The V3 Plus so far has been a real treat...The most air flow of any tank ive ever used before and the flavor to me is very very good...Cloud production is also the most ive experienced from any tank..Im liking it a lot and its my go to for when I want tons of cloud production with flavor...Im currently running fused claptons at .26ohm and can run power up to over 60watts for what I consider amazing clouds and flavor...At 75 it got too warm for my liking and I did try 100w once and for me its just a NO thank you.

Join in and let others know your experience with Billow products.

Last edited:

Btsmokincat

Member For 4 Years
I love me some billows too! I have five V2's and a V3. At some point soon I plan to get the V2.5.

I usually run 26/34 kanthal claptons around .3 ohms in my V2's at 30 to 40 watts and put bigger fused clapton builds in the V3. Solid performers.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have the V1, V2, V2.5 and V3 Plus.

The V1 was a no-go for me. The fill port was too close to the juice feed channels and if you try and fill it even just a little too fast it would flood the tank. So the V1 ended up in my drawer of shame pretty quickly.

Then I got the V2 and OMG it was awesome!! I still use my V2 tanks from time to time as it has great flavor and is not a real juice hog. I typically run simple dual 26ga kanthal builds in my V2 tanks and wrap around a 1.8mm pin. This keeps the coils small (which is needed due to the tiny build deck).

Then I got the V3 Plus and fell in love all over again! Larger build deck (Velocity Style too which is awesome!), Juice Flow Control, Top Fill, I mean this tank was like a dream come true. I run dual ribbon clapton wires built 5 wraps each around a 3mm pin. I typically run this setup at 55 watts and it continues to give me great vaper and flavor to this day!!

The last tank I got was just about a week ago and it is the V2.5. The 2.5 is basically a combination of the 2.0 and 3.0 plus landing at 24mm at the base and 25mm on the glass (opposed to the 22mm base and 23mm glass on the V2 or the straight 25mm of the V3 Plus). I believe the idea here was to take the sexier looking V2 and give it some major upgrades. I can tell you though, it does NOT have the airflow of the V3 Plus. It vapes very similar to the V2 with a little bit bigger build deck than the V2 (not much bigger though) and of course top fill, juice flow control, and more juice capacity than the V2.

At the end of the day, I still think I like the V3 Plus the best for performance. But you just cannot beat the look of the V2.0 or V2.5. They are sexy as hell!!!

Anyway, that is my take on the billow line of tanks. Great line and I hope Eciggity and Ehpro continue to provide more great products in the future.

Happy Vaping!
CV :)

Deeks

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Loves me some billow talk! I've had all of them except the v3 plus. The v2 still steals my heart even though I rarely use my collection of em :)

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I use a different style to wick my V3 Plus...I'll lightly stuff about 1mm to 2mm down in from the top and it seems to be working out pretty good so far...you barely see any cotton in the slot if any at all....Zero dry hits and with every vape one or more of the juice control holes give off good wicking bubbles

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
One of my favorite tank lines.
I had a v2, and absolutely loved the thing... Then I started dripping and got away from tanks altogether.
My v2, got sold to make room for a new petri RDA and a billow 3 after it ended up collecting dust.
Once again I got away from tanks, then my girl discovered my v3 and hasn't put it down. Now we have another v3 and a v2 nano on order. The v2 nano; because, 'the white will go perfect on my white evic'
Gotta love her reasons, then again I don't need to ever justify a vape purchase.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Just got the v2 nano in for my girl...
Good thing is she loves it!
Bad thing is, she really loves it and the white matches her white evic perfectly.

Building on the v3 is definitely MUCH easier.
Unfortunately the crispy caps don't fit it but another unfortunate thing is, dotmod tips fit it like a glove.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I loved the original Billow even with the oddball screws for airflow I do not like the Billow V2

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
seems to be muted in flavor maybe the height of the stack
I decided to buy the V2 nano kit and tried it..Flavor seemed to improve quite a bit...Its a $6.00 option at eciggity if you ever decide to give it a shot.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I decided to buy the V2 nano kit and tried it..Flavor seemed to improve quite a bit...Its a $6.00 option at eciggity if you ever decide to give it a shot.
Thanks for the follow up man but my Billow V2 is gathering dust as soon as I got the Troll RDTA it will continue to do so maybe I will give it away or something

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had actually forgotten about the billows, I have two V2's and a V2 Nano. I haven't used them in a long time, but I do remember I enjoyed them so I think I will have to set one up later today :).

I do recall though building with 26G kanthal, I could achieve around a maximum of 30W before I got dry hits. Flavour was great though, although I hear most people run theirs a fair bit higher.

Do you think it could of been my wicking, or is the billow suited to slightly lower wattages than other tanks with the same build? As usually I would run those type of dual coils at 45W, but got dry hits otherwise.

Mikhail Naumov

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Unlisted Vendor
While I liked the Billow V2 back in the day (when RTA's were mostly styled to suit MTL vapers and an RTA handling more than 45W was laughable, much unlike today) for its flavor and decent (for the time) airflow, the V1, V2 Nano and V3 are all.. eh. The best way to describe it is dead center average, run of the mill OKAY RTA's that are by no means bad but hardly stand out among the rest. The V3 Plus isn't much better, but overall it's been the one I liked most. None of these tanks are bad and anyone can get a nice vape out of them, so they're worth the money IF you can't access other things. This is just my opinion, what is an average tank to one man may be the god of tanks to another.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I had actually forgotten about the billows, I have two V2's and a V2 Nano. I haven't used them in a long time, but I do remember I enjoyed them so I think I will have to set one up later today :).

I do recall though building with 26G kanthal, I could achieve around a maximum of 30W before I got dry hits. Flavour was great though, although I hear most people run theirs a fair bit higher.

Do you think it could of been my wicking, or is the billow suited to slightly lower wattages than other tanks with the same build? As usually I would run those type of dual coils at 45W, but got dry hits otherwise.
I like a lower power vape sometimes...Huge power and obscene clouds just don't mix with all my activities throughout the day...Im even finding a mild 17w vape on a Kayfun v5 and a Taifun GT3 to be enjoyable again.

Dry hits are certainly from the wicking..Ive had no issues with dry hits at all on any of the billow tanks.,,My billow v2 is set up with 2 36 over 28g fused claptons and im using 40 watts with it with great flavor

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I like a lower power vape sometimes...Huge power and obscene clouds just don't mix with all my activities throughout the day...Im even finding a mild 17w vape on a Kayfun v5 and a Taifun GT3 to be enjoyable again.

Dry hits are certainly from the wicking..Ive had no issues with dry hits at all on any of the billow tanks.,,My billow v2 is set up with 2 36 over 28g fused claptons and im using 40 watts with it with great flavor
Ok, back to the drawing (Or wicking) board for me then. I thought after learning on an Orchid, wicking anything else was a breeze lol.

I actually have a Kayfun V4 clone (A good one), with the Sub ohm kit. I have hardly used it and it is still boxed, I may set that up myself as I also enjoy higher power and clouds, but also lower power and a more stealthy vape too.

I think I have a Taifun GT2 in one of my vaping bags too, I remember I found that a bugger to coil though- I couldn't get on with the way you secured the coil without post holes :(.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Ok, back to the drawing (Or wicking) board for me then. I thought after learning on an Orchid, wicking anything else was a breeze lol.

I actually have a Kayfun V4 clone (A good one), with the Sub ohm kit. I have hardly used it and it is still boxed, I may set that up myself as I also enjoy higher power and clouds, but also lower power and a more stealthy vape too.

I think I have a Taifun GT2 in one of my vaping bags too, I remember I found that a bugger to coil though- I couldn't get on with the way you secured the coil without post holes :(.
Yea, The Taifun GT3 is a much easier model to wick..they made some big changes from the V2...I haven't tried the kayfun V4 but the V5 is really nice and easy to wick as well.

On my billow V2 I used a 2.5mm imside diameter for the coil and for the wick, there is a ledge where the cotton goes down into the channel..The wick shouldn't be below that ledge and if needed you have to trim the wick to be thinner in general as to not stuff the cotton inside but a more less a semi loose fit.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yea, The Taifun GT3 is a much easier model to wick..they made some big changes from the V2...I haven't tried the kayfun V4 but the V5 is really nice and easy to wick as well.

On my billow V2 I used a 2.5mm imside diameter for the coil and for the wick, there is a ledge where the cotton goes down into the channel..The wick shouldn't be below that ledge and if needed you have to trim the wick to be thinner in general as to not stuff the cotton inside but a more less a semi loose fit.
Yeah the GT2 was a right sod to set up, you thought you had the coil in place then it would just fall off the post, so I kind of gave up with that one eventually as I got other RTA's.

I still haven't got round to setting up one of my billows, but I will have too. I remember the wick should sit on top of that kind of ledge, but wasn't aware of it being a kind of semi loose fit, so that could well be where I was going wrong.

I will try out the way you have suggested, and hopefully it works well :).

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well, I got round to setting one up again.

I set up my V2 Nano, as I could only find my other V2 which is black, with purple glass. The V2 nano is authentic (Although the clone is still good quality), and matched my Wismec DNA200 better.

Set it up with some 2MM, 26G SS316L coils, coming in at around 0.26 and wicked it how suggested. I still am finding it works best at 25-30W, but it provides great flavour and plenty of cloud even at this power setting. I am using it in TC mode, and 240C is being hit with little ramp up, and power reducing to around 17W.
EDIT: I should add, the preheat is around 60W, which is probably why I can use a fairly low power setting with little ramp up.

I like this though, not needing tonnes of power for a tasty vape, and it isn't exactly stealthy either!

I really like when you find something you haven't used for a while, and remember how much you liked it :).

Last edited:

kargurin

Member For 4 Years
Yeah just ordered the V3 Plus. Love the tank except it weeped and eventually exchanged it for V2.5. That known I just ordered it again for 11 buckos because that's a fair price for a kick a** tank with a niggly issue. Add reddit10 for another discount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well, I got round to setting one up again.

I set up my V2 Nano, as I could only find my other V2 which is black, with purple glass. The V2 nano is authentic (Although the clone is still good quality), and matched my Wismec DNA200 better.

Set it up with some 2MM, 26G SS316L coils, coming in at around 0.26 and wicked it how suggested. I still am finding it works best at 25-30W, but it provides great flavour and plenty of cloud even at this power setting. I am using it in TC mode, and 240C is being hit with little ramp up, and power reducing to around 17W.
EDIT: I should add, the preheat is around 60W, which is probably why I can use a fairly low power setting with little ramp up.

I like this though, not needing tonnes of power for a tasty vape, and it isn't exactly stealthy either!

I really like when you find something you haven't used for a while, and remember how much you liked it :).
I can easily do a 3mm with 26g wire...You may want to increase your inside diameter so you can take a longer vape or even a shorter one at higher power if you wanted to...2mm is quite small for any sort of power...This may be whats limiting you.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
well, I was going to order another Plus and also get the regular V3 but im having an issue with the site...When I go the site and the age confirmation thing pops up, I don't have a bar/button to select that im over 18 and it let me into the site..o_O

VU Sponsors