Become a Patron!

Oh Captain! My Captain!

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Loving the looks of this mod. Looks like it's going to be available in a bunch of colors. This is going to be my first 20700 mod. Ijoy has just been killing it lately.

c49e68445ecff8cf1d4966956f7e202a.jpg
a1c9baf55473edd617d3da8669bfa392.jpg

b5a0059e8734464412808b947feea0f7.jpg
aad153c7447d5d505a7999c5c83a44f8.jpg

7da7bf795bf72538fe60f1e32b4e96d4.jpg

Specs:

iJoy Captain PD270 237W TC Box Mod Features:

* Dimensions: 101.8mm by 57.9mm by 31mm
* Dual 20700 High-Amp Battery
* Optional Dual 18650 High-Amp Battery w/ Sleeve Adapter
* Maximum Wattage Ouput: 237W
* Minimum Atomizer Resistance: 0.06ohm
* Temperature Control Range: 200-600F
* Ni200 Nickel , Titanium, and Stainless Steel Compatibility
* Vertical Display Layout
* Intuitive OLED Display
* Oversized Square Firing Mechanism
* Adjustment Buttons Below Screen
* Hinged Battery Door Cover
* Short Circuit Protection
* Overcurrent Protection
* Overvoltage Protection
* Overcharge Protection
* PTC Protective Circuits
* MicroUSB Port
* Spring-Loaded Stainless Steel 510 Connection

In criticism, I will be bold, and as sternly, absolutely just with friend and foe. From this purpose nothing shall turn me.

-Edgar Allan Poe

Last edited:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Definitely on the short list of mods to buy. Any eta on when it will be available?

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Some pics of the new Ijoy Captain. It does come with a set of Ijoy 20700 batteries.

06c59efa624294a3b98785e933b80a93.jpg
f8bf1459a69b61b8c0d1f2cb2205822d.jpg

The blue rubbery looking thing is an 18650 adapter.

In criticism, I will be bold, and as sternly, absolutely just with friend and foe. From this purpose nothing shall turn me.

-Edgar Allan Poe

madjaggar

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

-Edgar Allan Poe
What is the deal with 20700? More power? Higher amp?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
What is the deal with 20700? More power? Higher amp?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
Higher amps and longer battery life. Mooch hasn't checked the Ijoy 20700's out yet.

-Edgar Allan Poe

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

-Edgar Allan Poe

Last edited:

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Catfish at the other place is making 20700 squonkers, should be done in a week or so. He bought the iJoy 20700 batteries too.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Catfish at the other place is making 20700 squonkers, should be done in a week or so. He bought the iJoy 20700 batteries too.
Battery life on the Captain is just ridiculous. I've been vaping it all day with my Cigpet Eco 12 at 150 watts.

-Edgar Allan Poe

ben73

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got mine ordered a few weeks back gone for the rainbow colour , not that i have any tanks to match , will use with my Supremes plus Mod farther and Sherman , not a bad price to say its including cells which are nearly 20ÂŁ too , so cost 30ÂŁ for mod ,

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nice looking mod, Jack. Just out of curiosity, are you charging those batteries in the mod? I seem to remember reading concerns about those cells not fitting all chargers. I see it's not listed as being compatible with my XTAR charger. I haven't looked to see if it will fit in the LUC-4 yet, but I kinda have my doubts.

MWorthington

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Nice looking mod, Jack. Just out of curiosity, are you charging those batteries in the mod? I seem to remember reading concerns about those cells not fitting all chargers. I see it's not listed as being compatible with my XTAR charger. I haven't looked to see if it will fit in the LUC-4 yet, but I kinda have my doubts.

The Nitecore I4 claims it will charge 20700 batteries but it appears all Xstar models are limited to 65mm. Don't know about the efest either.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Great question. My 20700's fit fine in my Efest 6 bay.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh wait, look what happened to Vapnfagan's Predet..........errrrrrr, I mean Captain

PKqp9Yb.png

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Oh wait, look what happened to Vapnfagan's Predet..........errrrrrr, I mean Captain

PKqp9Yb.png
dam :(

I haven't been impressed with any of ijoys mods. they do a much better job with atomizers. Just tested the solo v2 pro last night. it's a dud. Also had the rdta box and my 1st solo v2 pro screens both die on me within 2 weeks of suing (the RDTA box) and the 1st day (solov2 pro)

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, it is a bummer, I was really looking forward to getting a Captain but now will just wait and see, no preorder for me.

Atrumitos

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vaping with twisted tried to do destroy the connector and failed. Maybe Ijoy fixed it? Fagan has taken his pic down, after all.

Atrumitos

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Seems to me we were worried about the wrong thing. Instead of worrying about it being underpowered, we worried about its 510 being bad lol xP

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
So owner, how does it compare to your favorite mod? And dont call this one your favorite, that would be cheating.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
No offense meant, but if you did not pay for the mod, your review is irellevant to me. I do not consider you an owner so much as a winner. Winners always love free shit. Pay for it, compare to other things you paid for, then I will listen.

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Twisted 420 convinced me to buy a clone DNA 30 device 2 years ago, ever since then...dont even review if you didn't lose something (money) for it. Nicotone is so addictive that anything related to it can be seen as best ever.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No offense meant, but if you did not pay for the mod, your review is irellevant to me. I do not consider you an owner so much as a winner. Winners always love free shit. Pay for it, compare to other things you paid for, then I will listen.
No offense taken, opinions vary. In fact one time I had a really bad date with a women. I just decided to stop dating all together. Lol.

No not really, because that would just be silly.

Hey to each his own, if that's how you feel then just go out and buy the mod if you like it.

Last edited:

nlt2836

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I wouldn't really consider duecesjack a winner. He's a reviewer, he reviews all kinds of different products all the time. And he usually gets products before they are available to the public. A lot of us on this forum anxiously await his reviews on new products so we can decide if we want to preorder or wait and see how it preforms for awhile.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I wouldn't really consider duecesjack a winner. He's a reviewer, he reviews all kinds of different products all the time. And he usually gets products before they are available to the public. A lot of us on this forum anxiously await his reviews on new products so we can decide if we want to preorder or wait and see how it preforms for awhile.
Thank you nlt2836 for the kind words. I really appreciate that. I do my best to be honest and forthright in all of my reviews. I know a lot of people enjoy them and that's the main reason I do them. I love helping people.

When people say I get things for free it really is kind of disingenuous. Think about it for a minute. Let's say I get a $60 mod sent to me. It takes me 2-3 hours to write one of my reviews. Then I take pics and I'm not even including the time it takes for me to actually use the mod, use different tanks, test the on board charging, get to know the menu system, etc, etc. I say all in all when I do a review I have a minimum of 10-12 solid hours invested in that mod. Even if I got paid minimum wage it's quite clear the mod is not free.

The beauty of all this is anyone can do it. Start buying mods and doing reviews. If they are popular the companies will come to you. Companies just did not start sending me mods over night I had to work at it. There is no free lunch in this world. I spent a ton of my own money in the beginning buying mods and reviewing them.

Last edited:

nlt2836

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you nlt2836 for the kind words. I really appreciate that. I do my best to be honest and forthright in all of my reviews. I know a lot of people enjoy them and that's the main reason I do them. I love helping people.

When people say I get things for free it really is kind of disingenuous. Think about it for a minute. Let's say I get a $60 mod sent to me. It takes me 2-3 hours to write one of my reviews. Then I take pics and I'm not even including the time it takes for me to actually use the mod, use different tanks, test the on board charging, get to know the menu system, etc, etc. I say all in all when I do a review I have a minimum of 10-12 hours invested in that mod. Even if I got paid minimum wage it's quite clear the mod is not free.

The beauty of all this is anyone can do it. Start buying mods and doing reviews. If they are popular the companies will come to you. Companies just did not start sending me mods over night I had to work at it. There is no free lunch in this world. I spent a ton of my own money in the beginning buying mods and reviewing them.

What a great explanation of your process. I know I very much appreciate your reviews,and the help you offer to all of the members of this great community. Thank you for the wonderful service you provide to us.

VU Sponsors