Become a Patron!

Oh, what a slippery slope...

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
At this point, I've only tried a few flavors, but I'm partial to coffee ones. I do like the Evo Timber, and am not afraid of branching out... just haven't found others yet.
If you like Evo, you'll like Halo. Made by the same people. My favorite is Captain Jack, which smells to me of a pipey, cigary type of thing. Just really wonderful and full and robust and complex. It's nice. Timber was the closest i could find in the Evo line, and i liked it right when i was really strung out in the middle of a serious Captain Jack bender.

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Coffee flavors to me always seem to taste more like instant coffee.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't think I'm ready for all that... at least not yet. What did you do with your old stuff?

What's good over @ MadTown Vapor? What do you personally recommend?
Sold some, PIF some, still use some. Once you catch the bug, you'll be in deep! First came coils, then once I realized how cheap and easy DIY was I became addicted.
Without a doubt Honey Badger! That's my favorite, but he JUST released Twinkie which I'm also fond of. His prices are cheap ($5 for 15ml) but if you check his thread on ECF, he will open your account to get two 6ml samples, you just pay shipping. Vanilla Custard is a new found addiction as well.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
At this point, I've only tried a few flavors, but I'm partial to coffee ones. I do like the Evo Timber, and am not afraid of branching out... just haven't found others yet.
Coffees are very hit or miss imo. Only coffee I "like" is a DIY mix, includes FA espresso, and FA Vienna Cream.

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sold some, PIF some, still use some. Once you catch the bug, you'll be in deep! First came coils, then once I realized how cheap and easy DIY was I became addicted.
Without a doubt Honey Badger! That's my favorite, but he JUST released Twinkie which I'm also fond of. His prices are cheap ($5 for 15ml) but if you check his thread on ECF, he will open your account to get two 6ml samples, you just pay shipping. Vanilla Custard is a new found addiction as well.

That's what I'm trying to avoid at this point - getting in too deep.

I'm actually a little bummed out and am having a mini-crisis with my set-up. A little bit of gurgling and I'm not getting a lot of vapor... feels like all I'm getting is air and a little burnt-out taste. Is that a sign that I should replace the coil? I'm using a VapeOnly BDCC on an Evod 650 mah.

Not quite enough to push me towards an analog, but getting very close... help. :(

ceejkay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
since coils are about 2-5$ from your local b&m i would try replacing it. everyone has their preference on tanks and coils. me personally i like kangertech, if you get a pro 2 or pro 3 you can rebuild the coil. but as you say that can become a slippery slope. that slippery slope is what keeps me into this completely.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
since coils are about 2-5$ from your local b&m i would try replacing it. everyone has their preference on tanks and coils. me personally i like kangertech, if you get a pro 2 or pro 3 you can rebuild the coil. but as you say that can become a slippery slope. that slippery slope is what keeps me into this completely.
This, vaping is so much more than quitting smoking. You certainly don't have to go "all in" but it certainly is a fun hobby. I have quite a bit of vaping paraphernalia, not as much as some but, a bit and glad I do, as they say variety is the spice of life, eh?

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Replaced the coil and it's a little bit better. Not quite the same as before, but at least it's not gurgling nor burnt.

Just found out there's another B&M close by... and they have all sorts of stuff: MVP2, iTaste VTR, Vamo V5, CoolFire, and all sorts of mods including Nemesis Clone. This sounds like trouble...

I'm not sure I'm ready for all that yet - would I benefit from a Spinner VV "upgrade" at this point?

Ranger71d

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like my Hana clone a ton. Use it with a tank because it's easy to drive with.
I have a Nemesis mod I love dripping with. Using a TOBH dripper mostly.
For me having something I can easily use when driving is a must. But I still prefer dripping.

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Honestly for as new as you are I would have to say either a spinner, itaste v3 or the MVP2 if you do not mind the size. The MVP2 is frankly just gonna give you a solid one or two day vape depending on how much you vape. A VV device might sound scary or too advanced but really what it is going to do is give you a constant vape. Normal cigalike and standard ego batteries start to droop as you vape on them and the vape steadily goes down hill where a VV will let you set a voltage or wattage and it will stay a constant vape from start to finish. You will also be suprised how a slight bump in power will really make a vape satisfying.

A MVP2 and a Kanger aerotank is gonna give you a rock solid vape and last you most the day. You can get the same vape with a spinner and a aerotank mini but your gonna loose a fair amount of juice capacity and vape time as well as a mod thats a little bit longer.

If you would rather stay with a smaller device another option that will not break the bank and gives you essentially a MVP2ish vape in a smaller form factor is the itaste V3 vv at a pretty good price here http://101vape.com/variable-voltagewattage-devices/183-innokin-itaste-vv-v3-express-kit.html. 101 is a good store and I have purchased several thing from them. Its 800 mah, does voltage and wattage and has a screen showing you what your vaping at and battery life. It also has a ohm checker and will function as a passthrough so you can vape while its charging. Pretty nice little battery if you ask me.

As for juice you might check out vapeshack808.com. Joe just pimped it and they have a good selection and great prices at $10 for 30ml. Really hard to beat that price and the reviews I have seen so far says its good juice. Hope that helps some and good luck.

ceejkay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i agree with superjeep. a mvp 2 is a great device. its pretty much what i started with. i still use it all the time, especially when i cant drip on my panzer. im not a fan of dripping while driving lol.

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Took a baby step and got myself a Spinner - made a world of difference to me. Next step would be an MVP2 - somebody lie and tell me this is as good as it gets because shiny-itis is throwing me right down this slippery slope! LOL :)

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Took a baby step and got myself a Spinner - made a world of difference to me. Next step would be an MVP2 - somebody lie and tell me this is as good as it gets because shiny-itis is throwing me right down this slippery slope! LOL :)

well, i can't lie to you and tell you that's as good as it gets, but you are progressing nicely. pay no attention to all these people on here with all the fancy shmancy mods and other apparatuses. :p

btw, i think you will notice a world of difference when you graduate from the ego type batteries to the MVP2. if you get some nice dual coil tanks and set the watts at about 9 or so you won't believe the vapor and flavor. :)

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nope - jumping to mods are a big leap right now... I wouldn't know what to do with all that power!

That's what I'm thinking, but 9w? I'm doing 4.2 and it's very noticeable to me. More than double that? I think my head will explode. :)

ceejkay

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Nope - jumping to mods are a big leap right now... I wouldn't know what to do with all that power!

That's what I'm thinking, but 9w? I'm doing 4.2 and it's very noticeable to me. More than double that? I think my head will explode. :)
no 4.2 is volts. using a 1.5ohm coil @ 4.2v it should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 11 watts, someone correct me if im wrong on that one.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

it will be fine....trust me. :) just make sure you have a dual coil ok?

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
no 4.2 is volts. using a 1.5ohm coil @ 4.2v it should be somewhere in the neighborhood of 11 watts, someone correct me if im wrong on that one.

yeah i think you are right, he means volts. i am dumb when it comes to volts, watts, ohms, electricity related stuff of any kind. :p

bystander

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ooops, that's right - I was talking about volts and you were talking about watts. Somebody school me on how those two affect flavor/vapor/th... in fact, I'm gonna go ahead and create a new thread about exactly that!

VU Sponsors