Oh wow, my hands have a life of their own

Discussion in 'Vaping Related But Doesn't Fit In a Category' started by Giraut, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Giraut

Giraut Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    I was at my local bar tonight, having a brewsky or two (or three) and playing poker with a few friends. I was busy trying to figure out my outs, and whether the others were full of crap, when my hand automatically reached for my mod by my side.

Now, I'm a box mod sort of guy. So my hand landed on something boxy, picked it up and started bringing it up to my mouth while pressing firmly on the side button - all in one subconscious motion, like I always do. But then about half-way up, I realized something was wrong: the mod was way too light, and my button finger sort of went through it, instead of connecting with something clicky. I looked at it, and found myself with my neighbor's cumpled pack of smokes in my hand. Oops, that didn't look too smart...

Amazing really: I used to smoke like that - i.e. picking up a cigarette, lighting it up, without my brain even registering what I had done. It's so odd to catch myself doing the same thing with my vaping gear now.

Crocky, jack and m3rma1d like this.
  2. Temple Noble

Temple Noble New Member

Blog Posts:
    LOL You should call this you know you're a Vaper when... :)

3. jack

jack Silver Contributor Member For 3 Years

Blog Posts:
    Or look around for an ashtray ROFL !

4. kelli

kelli Vapid Vapetress Platinum Contributor

Blog Posts:
    you sure it was only 3? ;)

5. Giraut

Giraut Gold Contributor Member For 4 Years

Blog Posts:
    Well yeah... Poker nights often end with someone rolling under the table. Not me though: I have the good sense to fold when needed. This said, this is Belgium, where good beer is a religion of sorts. So... yeah :)

6. UncleRJ

UncleRJ Will write reviews for Beer! Staff Member Senior Moderator VU Donator Platinum Contributor Member For 4 Years VU Challenge Team ECF Refugee Reviewer

Blog Posts:
    Last Xmas, I received as a gift a dual 18650 DNA20 box mod.

While similar in size and shape to my TV remote control, and while both devices are very useful, they are not interchangeable.

So I would find myself watching TV while happily vaping and then I would come to realize I was pointing my mod at the TV and pressing the power button. Fazed Box Mod.jpg

5150sick and Crocky like this.