Become a Patron!

ohm changer on alien

jameson756

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
changing the ohms on the alien,does actually do anything,my alien alwwways reads higher than what the ohm actually is,is the ohm adjuster reliable

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
changing the ohms on the alien,does actually do anything,my alien alwwways reads higher than what the ohm actually is,is the ohm adjuster reliable
don't change it. it'll just make the mod inaccurate. the option shouldn't exist

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Mine always reads +/- to a very small degree. It's normal, as long as it's just a very small degree. Too much and it's probably faulty.

jameson756

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
how will it make it innacurate i change it slightly down to what the coil actually is so oi dont put out to many vpolts,im neww to vaping and worry about voltage been to high,when i first used these coils they were .21 on a different mod(not the alien,changed to .22 at one point.now on the alien it reads.235.what is to high of voltage,whats the highest it can go without being dangerous

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
how will it make it innacurate i change it slightly down to what the coil actually is so oi dont put out to many vpolts,im neww to vaping and worry about voltage been to high,when i first used these coils they were .21 on a different mod(not the alien,changed to .22 at one point.now on the alien it reads.235.what is to high of voltage,whats the highest it can go without being dangerous
because whats actual? where is the baseline? also remember the circuit on the mod adds a little resistance as well. I'm assuming your using pre-made coils? they aren't always going to be dead on whats printed on the coil itself. for instance a .15 coil in the baby beast could ready anywhere from .15 to .17 and be ok. If you start adjusting it'll change the mods output making it less accurate

and voltage isn't an issue. I'm not sure why you are worried about voltage. is it the alien 220 watt mod? what tank are you using etc.

jameson756

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
pre made on a rda for the original.22 ohm,and my cleito 120 coil cant remember what it read at,but the coil says .16

jameson756

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
so is there no such thing as to high of voltage because its predesigned handle evenn up to 220

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I'm still a bit confused what your asking but if it's safety as long as u use a good 20 amp battery your good for up to 150 watts on that mod at any resistance. What batteries are you using?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

jameson756

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
aspire brand battery icr 18650 3.7 Li-ion,i know it can handle 30 amp at tempurature up to 65 degrees

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
aspire brand battery icr 18650 3.7 Li-ion,i know it can handle 30 amp at tempurature up to 65 degrees
Those are only 15 amp batteries. Not really good for use at all. I wouldn't go past 100 watts using them. You need some good sony samsung or LG batteries

jameson756

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
but couldnt thety get sued for lying about their product,within legal means they have to speek the truth right..what would happen if i go over 100 w

jameson756

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the table on the mooch blog is for a 2500 mah battery mine is 2600 does that matter?maybe i have a new line of aspire

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
the table on the mooch blog is for a 2500 mah battery mine is 2600 does that matter?maybe i have a new line of aspire
Don't trust any non sony samsung or LG 18650 battery.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yes and online I am a hunk of a male French model.

hubba%20hubba.gif

jameson756

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I bought Samsung 25 r batteries today and they were very warm.i could hold it without it being irritating.buddu said it just came out of the charger

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
the temp that you have to worry about most LI batteries is 100+ c. or 212 deg f.
Pretty hot.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yep basically if a battery is too hot to hold for a 5 count then it is too hot to suit me.

Now they should never get that warm from charging. Just a bit warm to hold but nothing even approaching uncomfortable.
The cooler your batteries are when charging (aka lower charge currents) the longer the lifetimes of the batteries will be.
A slightly warm battery is a happy battery.

I prefer 1 amp charging. Most batteries will take 2 amp charging fine and even 4 amps. But the faster you charge the shorter the lifespan of your battery is.

jameson756

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah I held it maybe 3 secs but I could have easily handled even ro a few minutes was just really warm plus I have a pcb on my alien.thanks for the quick reply by the way

jameson756

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
yep basically if a battery is too hot to hold for a 5 count then it is too hot to suit me.

Now they should never get that warm from charging. Just a bit warm to hold but nothing even approaching uncomfortable.
The cooler your batteries are when charging (aka lower charge currents) the longer the lifetimes of the batteries will be.
A slightly warm battery is a happy battery.

I prefer 1 amp charging. Most batteries will take 2 amp charging fine and even 4 amps. But the faster you charge the shorter the lifespan of your battery is.
Cool good info

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah buddy probably had it charging on 4 than
yeah Mooch charges at 4 but also says it will shorten their lifetimes by quite a bit.
Of course mooch only charges and discharges the batteries he tests for a few cycles so no worries about their lifetime being shorter.
he prolly has a pickup load of batteries to vape with.

Mooch is THE MAN as far as trusting about his results with vaping batteries.

jameson756

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This might be a dumb q but can you use the pcb temp to gauge how hot your batteries are getting

VU Sponsors