Become a Patron!

Ohm is all over the place?

Biggie Slong

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello guys I've been vaping a drop dead rda by Hellvapes on my Wismec rouleaux jaybo mod. Everything was fine but lately it will often read 0.00 ohm or something extreme like 2.20 ohm while it should be about 0.42. Sometimes it works fine but then I pick it up 15 minutes later and it's fucked again. I've done 3 builds since this first occured and it keeps happening. Also I've put the tank on a older mod and the ohm seems consistent and right. Is my mod just fucked?

Thanks

AnkouSitan

Bronze Contributor
Member For 1 Year
Sounds like the 510 is connecting funny. I had an issue with my profile on one of my mods. Other profile connects great, but one won’t at all.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello guys I've been vaping a drop dead rda by Hellvapes on my Wismec rouleaux jaybo mod. Everything was fine but lately it will often read 0.00 ohm or something extreme like 2.20 ohm while it should be about 0.42. Sometimes it works fine but then I pick it up 15 minutes later and it's fucked again. I've done 3 builds since this first occured and it keeps happening. Also I've put the tank on a older mod and the ohm seems consistent and right. Is my mod just fucked?

Thanks

Clean your 510 connection.... those jaybo mods had this particular issue..... (some)
Good luck!

IM PESCATARIAN!

Biggie Slong

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Clean your 510 connection.... those jaybo mods had this particular issue..... (some)
Good luck!

IM PESCATARIAN!
After having the tank on an older mod for a while this evening I noticed it had the same problem. So it might not be a problem with the 510 but rather something with the tank/my build

VAPEROXX

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Thanks
Yes the Reuleaux by Wismec had many 510 issues. But many tanks and RDAs come with the 510 pin loose for some damn reason and nobody checks them. My Drop Dead RDA was loose and so was one of my Dead Rabbits. Check that.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After having the tank on an older mod for a while this evening I noticed it had the same problem. So it might not be a problem with the 510 but rather something with the tank/my build

Yeah.... explore all possible cause, but it’s a known fact that (some) jaybo/relaux mods had 510 issue...

IM PESCATARIAN!

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah my Rx mini is all over the place as well. Going to take it apart I think see if I can do something.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Might be a leg connection issue. Be sure to tighten both of the grub screws/connection screws fully. At times using the Gorge, I'll have one or the other come loose due to heating expansion of the wire. It is not a terribly grave issue but something to keep in mind.

Bigrick

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Might be a leg connection issue. Be sure to tighten both of the grub screws/connection screws fully. At times using the Gorge, I'll have one or the other come loose due to heating expansion of the wire. It is not a terribly grave issue but something to keep in mind.
Good advice however it is inaccurate with all my tanks. Maybe something is loose inside that I can fix. Hopefully I do not break it worse as it still works fine.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Good advice however it is inaccurate with all my tanks. Maybe something is loose inside that I can fix. Hopefully I do not break it worse as it still works fine.

Likely as @ej1024 suggests then it is a 510 pin issue, then. Your pin might be miss threaded, loose. It can be fixed with either taking it out carefully and replacing carefully, or replacing it with another pin.

Troubleshooting issues can often times make one feel frustrated. Something I find helpful is to put myself out of it. The issue isn't about me in other words. This may not be a problem for you, it was for me for a long while, then I figured a way out. :)

VU Sponsors