Become a Patron!

Ohm jumping

Redbullque

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hello vapers...I just started building my coils and wanted to experiment with my coils for my mech squonker as i wasnt get enough chacha in my squonk...Im very familiar with Ohms Law as i teach Physics and install car stereos on the side...I used the vape pro app to configure a dual ssl for my apocolypse rda ..After building i tested it on my voopoo and the coils came in at .13 however when i pulse fired them after choosing the right battery it jumped up to .18 to .20 and then back to .18...is this normal after pinching and strumming.... i got a reg squonk in route so im not experimenting too too much until i get some training wheels in..HCigar VTInbox...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Redbullque

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Hello vapers...I just started building my coils and wanted to experiment with my coils for my mech squonker as i wasnt get enough chacha in my squonk...Im very familiar with Ohms Law as i teach Physics and install car stereos on the side...I used the vape pro app to configure a dual ssl for my apocolypse rda ..After building i tested it on my voopoo and the coils came in at .13 however when i pulse fired them after choosing the right battery it jumped up to .18 to .20 and then back to .18...is this normal after pinching and strumming.... i got a reg squonk in route so im not experimenting too too much until i get some training wheels in..HCigar VTInbox...

Just read up on it imma check the connections to see if it changes.

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You might get some fluctuation in the coils, though that seems like a bigger jump.
When I first started building Alien Coils I was using a regulated device that wouldn’t fire below .10, but dual aliens freshly popped into the RDA would read .08 and the mod wouldn’t fire, so, I had to put the RDA on my Twisted Messes Regulated Box (that fired down to .05) and Work out hotspots and pinch/strum the coils to get them glowing evenly and without hot spots...after that process, the coils would register .11 or .12 so I could then move the RDA back over to my preferred mod at the time since it was over the .10 threshold at that point then wick it up and be good to go. This was using Nichrome 80, though, and I’m not sure which alloy or types of coils you’re building.

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

zephyr

Dirty Pirate Meg
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
If you're using stainless steel, ohms will go up when it gets hot then down as it cools. What you describe is more like that than actual "ohms jumping" which is a more wild fluctuation due to poor connections.

Even other wire types will go up in ohms, sometimes, after they oxidize after being heated for the first time.

For example, I have a 1.4 ohm SS coil now that goes all the way up to 1.7 when hot!

Redbullque

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Thanks for the replys just trying to make sure i stay safe with the mech squonker as ut wasnt giving me enough heat for a good vape with my .5 vapes...even .35 seemed weak

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What batteries are you using?

You're not drinking water are you?! You realize that stuff is found in antifreeze!?!

ScReWbALL

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just curious what batteries are being used considering the low ohm target OP is shooting for

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee

IMHO, usually fluctuations in the resistance, besides expected fluctuations, due to the coil's material, are caused by loose contacts at the posts. Ideally, use an Ohm meter to verify your coil's resistance, and proper connection(s).

VU Sponsors